• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blanche Lincoln wins, Loss for Progressives

Progressive86

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I couldn't believe it when I saw the outcome of this election in Arkansas. I honestly thought Bill Halter was going to kick Lincoln to the curb in the runoff, Now we're going to be stuck with a corporatist Democrat for another 4 years (If she wins the big election in November).

Last edited:
If Boozeman wins you will be stuck with a corporatist Republican. I've worked with both offices, they are both good for Arkansas.

In that case I hope Lincoln wins then because the corporatist Democrat is always a better choice then the corporatist Republican. Just sucks for the unions (who raised 7 million for Halter) and people who wanted the Public Option because now we're all forced to get behind her though she's not going to represent our values.

Unions are falling. This was a GOOD thing, however Boozman is gonna win so it's just fun to watch the Unions faltering.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the outcome of this election in Arkansas. I honestly thought Bill Halter was going to kick Lincoln to the curb in the runoff, Now we're going to be stuck with a corporatist Democrat for another 4 years (If she wins the big election in November).

I think that would be 6 years.... but, as it is unlikely that she will prevail in November, so I think your pain lasts only 6 months, only to be replaced by a bigger pain, a Republican.

That said, she took enough hits from the left she will pay better attention, so all was not lost.

I think Lincoln is in for the fight of her life come November, but I'm not altogether convinced she's doomed yet. We'll see.

Given the anti-incumbent mood, I think the dems had a better chance of winning in November with another candidate. Oh well, we'll see.

Given the anti-incumbent mood, I think the dems had a better chance of winning in November with another candidate. Oh well, we'll see.

Is that anti-incumbent mood the reason like 83 out of 85 incumbents won their primaries?

Is that anti-incumbent mood the reason like 83 out of 85 incumbents won their primaries?

IMO, that doesn't really mean much unless those 85 primaries were representative of normal general elections. If Joe McBigBalls (D-NY) with a $1m war chest is running against Hippie VonWhackjob with $3k and some fliers, the fact that Joe wins doesn't prove that there's no anti-incumbent sentiment or that he'll beat Angry I. Literate with an $800k war chest in the general.

How come your president hasn't repealed it? :ssst:

He is not my president. He is however our president. Actually he did lose a lot of weight with me for not repealing it. Just because I am a liberal doesn't mean I firmly support every thing Obama, or the democrats do in the first place.

Red Herring

What you did was a red herring as well.

Yeah, and that's why Obama rushed to end the PAtriot ACt, and the Dems... oh wait... they didn't.
See what I said too The good Reverend_Hellh0un

Quite the US needs more regressives. To much progress has been going on over the last 200 years or so.

Since you concur that progress has occurred in the last 200 years, you must also concur that progress occurred also under Bush, and he was good for the country.

He is not my president. He is however our president. Actually he did lose a lot of weight with me for not repealing it. Just because I am a liberal doesn't mean I firmly support every thing Obama, or the democrats do in the first place.

What you did was a red herring as well.

See what I said too The good Reverend_Hellh0un

I am glad to see that you will be voting for a Republican president in a couple of years.

I am glad to see that you will be voting for a Republican president in a couple of years.

I vote for the right person not the party line, so I have been voting for some republicans in local elections however Governor, and presidential elections I vote democrat. I have voted for Ted Poe in the pass elections. However, if the Republicans put up a good candidate that is not Sarah Plain then I might vote Republican in the next Election. I might even vote for Mick Romany actually if he get the republican bill.

Last edited:
I vote for the right person not the party line, so I have been voting for some republicans in local elections however Governor, and presidential elections I vote democrat. I have voted for Ted Poe in the pass elections. However, if the Republicans put up a good candidate that is not Sarah Plain then I might vote Republican in the next Election. I might even vote for Mick Romany actually if he get the republican bill.

Good thing Romney won't get the nod then.

Back
Top Bottom