• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Blaming the Victim

Often times, not always, the victim shares some responsibility for their situations. In those times, common sense is usually what was lacking.

GySgt said:
Often times, not always, the victim shares some responsibility for their situations. In those times, common sense is usually what was lacking.

Careful man. There's crazy uber-fems everywhere...:shock: Although something tells me they wouldn't phase you...I'll just say it disturbed me to have some crazy lady yelling at me in front of 50 other people.

GySgt said:
I can imagine

Not really. I've always imagined myself as a forward thinker in women's rights. You know, equal pay for equal work and all that. Very odd to know that there are some further on the spectrum that I am. I mean, imagine someone screaming at you because you're not patriotic enough. Very odd feeling huh?

Kelzie said:
So, I'm at school orientation today (okay a little rant first, transfer students should not have to go through orientation), and we have to watch this little skit on a "real life situation" and respond to it. The situation we watch is this girl getting trashed at a party, stripping while talking with this guy about sex, taking him to a room to make out, and then she gets raped.

Now, I am not saying rape is okay. No means no, the guy should go to prison. But I make one little comment about not placing yourself in a unsafe situation and this crazy uber-fem jumps all over me about how I'm "blaming the victim"

I mean, if a person goes for a walk at 2 in the morning down a dark alley in a big city, and he gets shot, that's bad, and evil, and shouldn't have happened. But maybe he should have waited until daylight to go for a stroll.

Any thoughts? Can there be any personal responsibilty for rape? Or am I a disgrace to my gender?

Ha! I've had the same exact thing happen to me on another board I belong to. I look at it like this--if you leave your home unlocked with no security system and you get robbed, it's still a crime, but if you locked the house before you left you my not have been robbed at all.

Back
Top Bottom