• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blake Lively sparks outrage with "LA Face with an Oakland booty" comment

Was her comment "Racially Insensitive"

• Total voters

Caine

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
So I know this isn't new, so I didn't post it in the Breaking News thread. But I felt the need to post about it here to get your opinions.

Have the Social Jusitice Warriors gone mad?

Blake Lively sparks outrage with "L.A. face with an Oakland booty" comment - CBS News

Things have gotten so bad lately when it comes to white and black race relations that a white actress isn't even allowed to joke about her body appearance by using a line from a Black rapper's song without being called a racist.

Do you think this is "racially insensitive" ??

These are the same morons flipping out over the X-Men: Apocalypse poster...

So I know this isn't new, so I didn't post it in the Breaking News thread. But I felt the need to post about it here to get your opinions.

Blake Lively sparks outrage with "L.A. face with an Oakland booty" comment - CBS News

Things have gotten so bad lately when it comes to white and black race relations that a white actress isn't even allowed to joke about her body appearance by using a line from a Black rapper's song without being called a racist.

I think it's cute how some people are so sensitive over terms such as racial sensitivity.

It's just a case of...wait for it...the pot calling the kettle black!

You're late as heck and no, it's not racially anything.

The supposed "reaction" was overblown focus by the media on social media.

I think it's cute how some people are so sensitive over terms such as racial sensitivity.

It's just a case of...wait for it...the pot calling the kettle black!

Care to actually voice YOUR opinion on the matter? Or just troll?

I assume she is praising both parts of her body right? So where is the racial insensitivity? Is it cultural appropriation now to have a larger ass?

Mix came out and supported her...told everyone else to chill.

and if you want to see a great video...

No of course not . .
also black and white relationship are the best they have ever been in the hisotry of the country with NORMAL AVERAGE people lol

theres only more media attention and drama drawn to and brought up by extremist nut jobs and media . . not in real everyday life

These are the same morons flipping out over the X-Men: Apocalypse poster...

is it because they've made another X-Men movie after Hollywood has already completely trashed the franchise?

is it because they've made another X-Men movie after Hollywood has already completely trashed the franchise?

I wish, that would be the eternally-more sane reason to be pissed off about a damn movie poster.

So if she had said 'I got a big ass' she would probably be taking heat from anti fat shamers or something.

PC is just ridiculous anymore.

I would have to examine her Oakland booty much closer before I would feel qualified to give an opinion.

But I did. :)

No. You were trolling on someone else's opinion. Not Sharing your own.

For example. I see that you voted Yes it is racially insensitive...

Care to explain why you think that is?

No of course not . .
also black and white relationship are the best they have ever been in the hisotry of the country with NORMAL AVERAGE people lol

theres only more media attention and drama drawn to and brought up by extremist nut jobs and media . . not in real everyday life

I honestly think you are right.

The "evil whites vs blacks" thing the media is pushing is mostly another one of those political things meant to drive a wedge between peoples.

Gee... What a waste of time and energy to be angry over something like this. Some people really just need to get a life.

She's very pretty, but I really don't give a **** what she says or does.

She's very pretty, but I really don't give a **** what she says or does.

I bet you would if she did a striptease on your lap. :mrgreen:

Listen, folks:

Literally anything said by any person is "offensive" to somebody out there on the internet. Go to any youtube video. A video where a cat does something funny, perhaps. Read the comments. Somebody is mad about it.

That's just the nature of the internet. Statistically speaking, one of the billions of people on the internet is mad at you, right now, for no goddamned reason.

So can we stop acting like this **** is news? Do we need to freak out over some random person on the internet freaking out?

No. You were trolling on someone else's opinion. Not Sharing your own.

For example. I see that you voted Yes it is racially insensitive...

Care to explain why you think that is?

Actually I probably should have voted Other. But that's beside the point. Why are you being so easily offended? Just let people have their own opinions, and go about your life.

This seems like a non-issue.

Someone needs to find a better story.

Actually I probably should have voted Other. But that's beside the point. Why are you being so easily offended? Just let people have their own opinions, and go about your life.

Im curious as to what one is and is not allowed to say to be not considered "racially insensitive".

So, are you going to explain why you think that this is racially insensitive instead of trying to make this thread about me????

Back
Top Bottom