• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blair: Delegitimization of Israel is affront to humanity

I also found it hilarious how they allow themselves to openly bash a person for standing against the delegitimization of Israel, as if saying so is an untold crime.

It acts on the level of a conditioned response. To say anything else runs the risk of some serious disapproval from their mates.

Conforming to groupthink trumps all else with most people.

I'm just bashing him. Not his message.

I wonder how much $ he was paid ....

How much $ he was paid to stand against the deligitimization of Israel.
Right, because no person would do that without being bribed.
And you admit to bashing the person no matter what the statement he makes (that the thread is about) is.

Pathetic, really.

this is utter foolishness
you equate those who disagree with israeli government actions with those who advocate the destruction of israel

I realize all the anti-Israel websites repeat this little platitude about "cristicism of Israel" so you feel obliged to repeat the mantra, but the actual issue here IS the deligitimization of Israel.

Do try to keep up, o.k.?

this is utter foolishness
you equate those who disagree with israeli government actions with those who advocate the destruction of israel

Once more, pathetic, the OP is about Blair's statement against the delegitimization of Israel, against the destruction of Israel, so certainly yes - folks who stand against this statement stand for the deligitimization of Israel.

And you admit to bashing the person no matter what the statement he makes (that the thread is about) is.

:shrug:

It would be my dearest wish to see that tosser locked up in jail for his crimes but no. He gets to prance around knowing he has caused many deaths by his decisions and actions and continue pretending to give a **** about other people.

I know my reaction would have been different if the title didn't include Blair. What can I say, I'm judgemental.

:shrug:

It would be my dearest wish to see that tosser locked up in jail for his crimes but no. He gets to prance around knowing he has caused many deaths by his decisions and actions and continue pretending to give a **** about other people.

I know my reaction would have been different if the title didn't include Blair. What can I say, I'm judgemental.

Judgemental is not the word I'd be looking for, but please seek another thread to bash a person for being who he is instead of focusing on the thread's subject.

I beg to differ.
I am on topic.

The OP main is Blair. I'm discussing Blair no?

There is no rules that is applied to Israel that Europeans "would never dream of applying to their own governments or their own countries.”
Must suck for Israel to be held to the same standard. Israel should not and does not get no free passes for just being a democratic country. No more than Germany or Sweden anyway.

Last edited:
There is no rules that is applied to Israel that Europeans "would never dream of applying to their own governments or their own countries.”

And I think you couldn't be more wrong.
If thousands of rockets will start falling in London, the British army would indeed go to war, let alone place a blockade.
And that is only one out of thousands of examples I can think of right now.

I beg to differ.
I am on topic.

The OP main is Blair. I'm discussing Blair no?

Must suck for Israel to be held to the same standard. Israel should not and does not get no free passes for just being a democratic country. No more than Germany or Sweden anyway.

Blair is blowing hot air out for his a willing audience that most likely paid him a bundle to keep alive the idea that Europe is anti-semitic. He does not even give an example, which shows how moronic his comments are.

Blair is blowing hot air out for his a willing audience that most likely paid him a bundle to keep alive the idea that Europe is anti-semitic. He does not even give an example, which shows how moronic his comments are.

In no point did he say that "Europe is anti-semitic", this is merely your usual propaganda at work.

Face it, there are some Europeans out there who aren't bent on Israel's destruction. ;)

Face it, there are some Europeans out there who aren't bent on Israel's destruction. ;)

Sure.
As there are some Americans, Asians, Africans .... :shrug:

Sure.
As there are some Americans, Asians, Africans .... :shrug:

But apparently when a European stands against the mentioned notion he "must have been paid", since according to some here no European would stand against the notion that promotes Israel's destruction.

And I think you couldn't be more wrong.
If thousands of rockets will start falling in London, the British army would indeed go to war, let alone place a blockade.
And that is only one out of thousands of examples I can think of right now.

And a bad example at that.

Gaza has always been under restrictions on what can go in and when, restrictions put in place by Israel. Gaza did not have any control over its own border what so ever even after Israel left. Israel has always had the final say on what can and can not go over the border between Israel and Gaza but also Gaza and Egypt. This was before the blockade.

Also if thousands of rockets started to fall on London unprovoked, then you betcha there would be retaliation.. but to have this example even close to what is happening in Israel/Gaza, the UK would have to invade parts of France and occupy an area. Then they would have to impose travel restrictions for all Frenchmen only, plus a bunch of other restriction, and slowly take land from the French while transplanting Brits over the channel into new settlements.

This thread sure is predictable. Blair is quoted as criticizing those whose agenda it is to delegitimize Israel, and reacting just like Pavlov's pup, all those who share this same hateful agenda are yapping away attacking him.

Laila made her position pretty darn clear in post 4. She's not attacking Blair's defence of Israel or the fact he's a "friend of Israel."

Andalublue's explanation seems to have gone way over your head - Blair is a highly divisive figure in the same British Establishment that you and Apocalypse tried saying was anti-Semitic / anti-Israel in the Shimon Peres thread. (Do you even see the irony?)

There are few people in this country left who would defend Tony Blair, few who would believe anything he said anymore. I can understand why the conference organisers invited him - opinions around the world of Tony Blair are very different to those here in the UK.

Finally - this was posted in the European forum - we Europeans are looking at this from our intimate knowledge of the man and have an innate distruct of his message - simply because of his past record. Posted in the ME forum, it would be looked at differently by those of a ME background. Besides, I can't help wondering how you would react if this were someone like Richard Nixon telling the same message and we Europeans defended him. Your background knowledge and experience from a US perspective would be worlds apart. The message against the deligitimisation of Israel would come across to European ears far better from a different spokesperson - however Blair was chosen as he has a higher standing in the ME.

Just don't expect us to trust a man's words that has proven (especially with Iraq) to be a liar. Nevertheless, I will still admire his oratory.

Once more, pathetic, the OP is about Blair's statement against the delegitimization of Israel, against the destruction of Israel, so certainly yes - folks who stand against this statement stand for the deligitimization of Israel.

let's see what blair was railing about:
“It’s not about an overt denial of Israel’s right to exist,“ Blair said. “It’s an application of prejudice in not acknowledging that Israel has a legitimate point of view.”

let's see what you are actually saying
if one is not in concert with israel's actions, finding its points of view to be illegitimate, such as israel's justification for invading passive, unarmed vessels in international waters, israel's justification denying access to essential supplies to the citizens of gaza, or israel's justification to inflict white phosphorus on civilians, then that person whose views contrast with those israeli government justifications must then be someone who wants to see israel destroyed
yours is an absurd proposition

And a bad example at that.

Gaza has always been under restrictions on what can go in and when, restrictions put in place by Israel. Gaza did not have any control over its own border what so ever even after Israel left. Israel has always had the final say on what can and can not go over the border between Israel and Gaza but also Gaza and Egypt. This was before the blockade.

Also if thousands of rockets started to fall on London unprovoked, then you betcha there would be retaliation.. but to have this example even close to what is happening in Israel/Gaza, the UK would have to invade parts of France and occupy an area. Then they would have to impose travel restrictions for all Frenchmen only, plus a bunch of other restriction, and slowly take land from the French while transplanting Brits over the channel into new settlements.

That was during the occupation of Gaza, yes, but what we're speaking about here is the blockade itself and in that case your argument couldn't be more poorly made.
In the case of thousands of rockets falling in London, modern London, the one you've probably got to visit once or more - the British army would go to an all out war with the responsible party.

Besides that I didn't say France. :lol:

In no point did he say that "Europe is anti-semitic", this is merely your usual propaganda at work.

No that is exactly what he said.. not directly but it is heavily implied in the following words

Blair said that “a consistent conversation I have with some, but by no means all, of my European colleagues, is to argue not to apply rules to the government of Israel that they would never dream of applying to their own governments or their own countries.”

He clearly states that European governments set a higher standard when it comes to Israel than when it comes to their own country. That means European governments attack Israel for things that they do as well, and considering the mantra from Israel is that Europe is turning more and more anti-semtic then what other conclusion can one make from that above mentioned comment?

Yea like a huge majority, including most if not all Europeans on this boards.

In the case of thousands of rockets falling in London, modern London, the one you've probably got to visit once or more - the British army would go to an all out war with the responsible party.

If rockets fell on London unprovoked.
As in tomorrow the French "just decided" to flood UK with rockets for no reason.
UK is in its rights to respond yes.

No that is exactly what he said.. not directly but it is heavily implied in the following words

Propaganda. He didn't say it and he didn't imply it, unless you point out clear evidence where he refers to anti-Semitism simply admit you engage in propaganda.

He clearly states that European governments set a higher standard when it comes to Israel than when it comes to their own country. That means European governments attack Israel for things that they do as well, and considering the mantra from Israel is that Europe is turning more and more anti-semtic then what other conclusion can one make from that above mentioned comment?

Torn-off, senseless and illogical reasoning, you have exposed yourself at the peak of your grace.
In no point can one simply draw the assumption from his words that he refers to anti-Semitism.
One possible conclusion would be that some European governments are biased and hold an agenda against Israel.

Yea like a huge majority, including most if not all Europeans on this boards.

I'd like to think so but I'm getting a different picture.

One possible conclusion would be that some European governments are biased and hold an agenda against Israel.

All Governments have an agenda that is to the benefit of their country.

That was during the occupation of Gaza, yes, but what we're speaking about here is the blockade itself and in that case your argument couldn't be more poorly made.

No.

European Union Border Assistance Mission Rafah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In practice EU BAM is only allowed to open the Rafah Crossing with permission of Israel, who controls EU BAM's border passage through its Liaison Office at Kerem Shalom.

Besides that I didn't say France. :lol:

No you did not, but that would be the correct comparison.. could have used Ireland as well. Yes the British Army would go all out to punish the parties involved, but comparing the UK today to Israel is idiotic on so many levels.

Propaganda. He didn't say it and he didn't imply it, unless you point out clear evidence where he refers to anti-Semitism simply admit you engage in propaganda.

LOL okay whatever.

Torn-off, senseless and illogical reasoning, you have exposed yourself at the peak of your grace.
In no point can one simply draw the assumption from his words that he refers to anti-Semitism.

Of course not, he knows better to use the anti-semitic card.

And as Gardner has proven and many on these boards, anyone holding an agenda against Israel or critical against Israeli policy.. are by definition anti-semtic. Easiest way to derail a thread after all, when that thread is not to your liking. Call someone as a jewhater or terrorist supporter and that is that!

I'd like to think so but I'm getting a different picture.

Show me one quote where a European (one that is not a bot and posts regularly) is advocating the destruction of Israel.. Your picture is distorted by your own hatred towards anyone who dares question the policies of Israel.

And as Gardner has proven and many on these boards, anyone holding an agenda against Israel or critical against Israeli policy.. are by definition anti-semtic.

Just like your claim about Blair earlier, this claim is also absolutely wrong.
If anything you draw the anti-anti-Semitic card on every goddamned opportunity.

Show me one quote where a European (one that is not a bot and posts regularly) is advocating the destruction of Israel.. Your picture is distorted by your own hatred towards anyone who dares question the policies of Israel.

I hold no hatred towards those who hate my country and want to see it destroyed, I only have my pity to show to them for their miserable hate-filled lives.
And your "anyone who dares question the policies of Israel" is clearly not the same "opposing Israel over every front" attitude that we get to see around here, it's merely how you choose to see it.

I was speaking about:

"Also if thousands of rockets started to fall on London unprovoked, then you betcha there would be retaliation.. but to have this example even close to what is happening in Israel/Gaza, the UK would have to invade parts of France and occupy an area."

No you did not, but that would be the correct comparison.. could have used Ireland as well. Yes the British Army would go all out to punish the parties involved, but comparing the UK today to Israel is idiotic on so many levels.

Idiotic? No.
Awkward to the hypocrites that hold double standards between European actions and Israel's, as Blair states here? Absolutely.

Just like your claim about Blair earlier, this claim is also absolutely wrong.

LOL hardly. You are just too blind to see it. Why dont you reread this thread

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/78199-fury-israel-president-claims-english-anti-semitic.html

If anything you draw the anti-anti-Semitic card on every goddamned opportunity.

Well considering I, and other Europeans who are critical of Israeli policy constantly get attacked for our views and called sorts of names including being accused of being anti-semitic, then exactly how do you expect us to react when confronted time and time again with this accusation either directly or indirectly? Not call out the hypocrites who accuse us for pointing out the double standard of Israeli policies?

I hold no hatred towards those who hate my country and want to see it destroyed, I only have my pity to show to them for their miserable hate-filled lives.
And your "anyone who dares question the policies of Israel" is clearly not the same "opposing Israel over every front" attitude that we get to see around here, it's merely how you choose to see it.

Opposing Israel over every front on these board? Are you saying we discuss every aspect of Israeli society on these boards? No, far far far from it. Talk about playing the victim. At best we discuss Israeli policy against the Palestinians.. and here Israel is just as much at fault as the Palestinians.

Back
Top Bottom