• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blacks benefit from Florida ‘Stand Your Ground’ law at disproportionate rate

:mrgreen: If Zimmerman was eventually placed in a 'Stand Your Ground situation' he was the one who caused it by pursuing Trayvon when told not to. Those jury instructions that you have listed do NOT actually say George was put in a SYG situation, they say IF he was. Those instructions should not have been given to the jury, before establishing whether or not George WAS put in a SYG situation. But, again, if he was, he caused it by relentlessly pursuing Trayvon. He told Travon's parents that Travyon looked just a few years younger than him. Every picture I've seen of Tray plastered over the TV screens tells me Tray didn't even look 17. He looked about 15. George, placed in a SYG situation (caused by him) where he had to shoot a kid eighty pounds lighter, who had produced no weapon, just don't jibe. So George says the eighty pounds lighter Martin was savagely beating him with his fists (that showed no signs of bruising), and that put him in the Stand Your Ground position. And it WORKED!! Zimmerman was acquitted! What was the prosecution's case? It had to be extremely poor! This was a travesty of justice. Peace, chuck.

Do you know what jury instructions are? They are an explanation of what the jury has to find they believe in order to find someone guilty or not guilty. Zimmerman hadn't asked for a SYG hearing. That's fact. The statutes were explained to the jury. They were not told what to believe or what to find. Everything was predicated on, "If you find that . . . then . . ."

Here's a more recent photo of Trayvon Martin:

Recent Photo Trayvon Martin.jpg

(Forget the grill he's wearing, that means nothing.)

Far cry from this younger picture, yes?

Trayvon Martin.jpg

But what difference does it make WHAT he looked like?

Do you know what jury instructions are? They are an explanation of what the jury has to find they believe in order to find someone guilty or not guilty. Zimmerman hadn't asked for a SYG hearing. That's fact. The statutes were explained to the jury. They were not told what to believe or what to find. Everything was predicated on, "If you find that . . . then . . ."

View attachment 67150589

View attachment 67150590

:mrgreen:what do you mean the grill he's wearing? Yes, he does look older in the picture you show. The one I saw on TV showed him in his hoody, and he did look younger. Zimmerman says he only looked a few years younger than him. That would put Trayvon in his middle to late twenties. What difference does it make WHAT he looked like? It makes me think Zimmerman is pumping up his story to be that he thought Trayvon was a man. The bottom line is Zimmerman was told not to follow Trayvon, and he seemed to want to comply with that. He told the dispatcher where he would be when the Police arrived. He even asked the dispatcher to have the Police call him when they arrived. The dispatcher got his phone nr. and asked for his address. Zimmerman started to give it to him, but cut himself short, saying he didn't know where that kid was and could be listening to him give his address. All this tells me Zimmerman was very paranoid and neurotic. There was no bruising on Trayvon's knuckles, and the way Zimmerman tells it, he was beaten pretty bad before he managed to pull his gun and kill Martin. If so, there would certainly be bruising on Trayvon's knuckles because of blood flow and damaged veins. Why did Zimmerman not wait for the Police like he said he would? Sorry to go on and on. You look like that gal on NCIS, Abbey? is that her name? Peace, chuck

Everyone kept running off into outer space. But it a simple question. A 6'2" 17 year old goes up to someone, slams him in the face breaking his nose and then is on top of that guy pulmetting him in the face and shoving his head into concrete. Can the man under attack - if he had a gun - shoot to stop this continuing?

I would. You would. Any sane person would. I bet every woman on that jury would too if she had been GZ and had a gun. And that's what the lead investigator decided too. REALLY hard to win a prosecution with the police as the main witness for the defense.

All the rest is just drivel.

:mrgreen: 6'2", You're right, that's what Trayvon's parents say. They also say he weighed about 140 to 150 pounds. That's about what I weigh, maybe a little less, but I'm 7 inches shorter than Trayvon was. Zimmerman has been described as 5'7" to 5'9", and his ex fiancée says he weighs about 200 pounds. Was Trayvon another Tommy Hearns, tall and skinny but packing a wallop! There were no bruise marks on Travon's knuckles, and the marks on Zimmerman's head and face don't even come close to proving Zimmerman was savagely beaten the way he describes he was. Prosecutors win all the time with Police as the star witness. The Prosecutor in this case probably could not have won if they produced a video showing Zimmerman as the pursuer and aggressor. chuck

I said this in another thread.

Abolishing this law will result in more black people in prison. It's kept many out, far more than it's come into play with whites and Hispanics.

Holder if a ****ing racist. The fact that Obama keeps him around, and made the speech after TM's death proves he's a racist as well. I'm sorry to say this about a president, but Obama is a ****ed up POS. He should never ever have been president. He's a Chicago gangster community organizer trouble-maker who conned his way into public office. He is an angry black man pursuing a Reverend Wright version of misplaced social justice. He's corrupt, end of story. And he brought Holder in to help him.

Holder if a ****ing racist. The fact that Obama keeps him around, and made the speech after TM's death proves he's a racist as well. I'm sorry to say this about a president, but Obama is a ****ed up POS. He should never ever have been president. He's a Chicago gangster community organizer trouble-maker who conned his way into public office. He is an angry black man pursuing a Reverend Wright version of misplaced social justice. He's corrupt, end of story. And he brought Holder in to help him.

Would you mind telling us how you really feel? :peace

View attachment 67150589

View attachment 67150590

Ask NBC and the other MSM outlets who made sure to post the youngest pic of Martin they could find.

Would you mind telling us how you really feel? :peace

I realize how it comes across, but I've never seen an administration so misguidedly admired and worshipped as this one. Obama is not only powerful, he's dangerous because he's filled with racist type hate. He wants to change this country because of slavery, he wants social justice at ALL costs. And he will **** anything up to get there, he doesn't care if he has to destroy our entire economy and culture to do it. If he ever gets the House and the Supreme Court to be totally liberal while he's in office, we are ****ed. He has already ****ed us with Obamacare....just listen to the unions. And Holder is there to support him legally or at least maintain a presumption of legality. Look at Holder over this Zimmerman thing.

I realize how it comes across, but I've never seen an administration so misguidedly admired and worshipped as this one. Obama is not only powerful, he's dangerous because he's filled with racist type hate. He wants to change this country because of slavery, he wants social justice at ALL costs. And he will **** anything up to get there, he doesn't care if he has to destroy our entire economy and culture to do it. If he ever gets the House and the Supreme Court to be totally liberal while he's in office, we are ****ed. He has already ****ed us with Obamacare....just listen to the unions. And Holder is there to support him legally or at least maintain a presumption of legality. Look at Holder over this Zimmerman thing.

Do not believe the union complaints. There is something more behind this complaining than meets the eye. Don't be fooled.

Why do I say that? Because they have just started complaining now. Everyone who's even glanced at Obamacare has known since its inception that 30 hours is the "full-time standard." That's what the unions are complaining about . . . and it's a false flag. There is something more to this story.

Perhaps it is that the full-time standard needs to be moved down to 20 hours. And the unions are going to take the brunt of the blame for it when that necessarily happens. (It used to be 20 hours, by the way.) All is not as it seems.

Buyer. Beware.

Do not believe the union complaints. There is something more behind this complaining than meets the eye. Don't be fooled.

Why do I say that? Because they have just started complaining now. Everyone who's even glanced at Obamacare has known since its inception that 30 hours is the "full-time standard." That's what the unions are complaining about . . . and it's a false flag. There is something more to this story.

Perhaps it is that the full-time standard needs to be moved down to 20 hours. And the unions are going to take the brunt of the blame for it when that necessarily happens. (It used to be 20 hours, by the way.) All is not as it seems.

Buyer. Beware.

Tell me that the unions won't get exempt from anything bad in Obamacare. They will get exempt.

Four options:

Hate.

Unbelievable ignorance and incompetence.

Malice.

Malice of some person or entity out of his pay grade.

Any of them, for a country with the power of this one, are ****ing disastrous.

I would imagine that they benefit everyone, regardless of race or gender.

Indeed they do. However when you have a group who's agenda is such that tries to argue that they are under apartheid rule and this law a cog in the wheel of the never-ceasing injustice they endure -- Facts which prove the contrary are necessary and must be presented as a clear, unquestionable refutation.

I said this in another thread.

Abolishing this law will result in more black people in prison. It's kept many out, far more than it's come into play with whites and Hispanics.

:mrgreen: How does this law keep more black people out of prison? Do they stand their ground more than whites or Hispanics?

:mrgreen: Got to disagree on this 'Obama admired and worshipped' comment. I watch a fair amount of liberal TV and have never seen a Democratic President criticized like Obama. I know he gets it on Conservative radio, but he gets it as much on Link TV and Free Speech TV. Maybe more than on Conservative radio.

:mrgreen: Got to disagree on this 'Obama admired and worshipped' comment. I watch a fair amount of liberal TV and have never seen a Democratic President criticized like Obama. I know he gets it on Conservative radio, but he gets it as much on Link TV and Free Speech TV. Maybe more than on Conservative radio.

Come on, libs don't criticize him more than the cons. Come on, that just isn't going to happen. I've never seen a guy get more benefit of the doubt than Obama. I use to think Obama was purely political, but he's more than that. He doesn't like this country the way it is at all (nor the way it ever was), and aims to change it fundamentally.

Come on, libs don't criticize him more than the cons. Come on, that just isn't going to happen. I've never seen a guy get more benefit of the doubt than Obama. I use to think Obama was purely political, but he's more than that. He doesn't like this country the way it is at all (nor the way it ever was), and aims to change it fundamentally.

:mrgreen: Liberals think he has personal hit list of terrorist and terrorist supporters whom he targets with 'drone missiles', killing innocent people in the process! Are You saying "He doesn't like this country the way it is at all (or the way it ever was), and aims to change it fundamentally." that he wants to change the Constitution?
els'

Back
Top Bottom