• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

#BlackLivesMatter Activist Shaun King Threatens a Coup in the U.S. if Trump Wins

BLM has motivated a number of terrorist attacks. There's no doubt they could orchestrate a coup.

While I'm pretty sure they could gather up enough left wing, anarchists, Marxist and radical extremists to get one started. But given the results of the coup in Turkey as a reminder / comparison, starting one, and pulling off a successful one is quite another thing.

A coup in our country?

LOL

It's not a coup if you buddy up with a few other douches, pull the trigger a few times, only to quickly find yourself dead with a bullet in your head [or a bomb dropped at your feet]. Coups take planning, daring, and communication with others . . . it's not some random thing you can organize through Facebook.

Yup. Exactly my point.

While I'm pretty sure they could gather up enough left wing, anarchists, Marxist and radical extremists to get one started. But given the results of the coup in Turkey as a reminder / comparison, starting one, and pulling off a successful one is quite another thing.

They've orchestrated dozens of riots. A coup isn't at all far fetched.

They've orchestrated dozens of riots. A coup isn't at all far fetched.

Agreed. However, I still stand by my earlier post. They don't have the skills, knowledge and leadership to pull a successful one off.

That's still a coup.

No.
That happens all the time these days.
A coup has a specific mission and a goal - etc. I honestly think he's just applying the term coup incorrectly and really referring to rioting.

Treason has a very real meaning... Please show the treason.

Link? Article? Sourced quote?

Ignore The facts all you want. Your ignorance won't change them.

A coup in our country?

LOL

It's not a coup if you buddy up with a few other douches, pull the trigger a few times, only to quickly find yourself dead with a bullet in your head [or a bomb dropped at your feet]. Coups take planning, daring, and communication with others . . . it's not some random thing you can organize through Facebook.

Usually a successful coup requires the ability to take control of the government, even though a coup is by definition "unlawful" the leaders of the coup need some form legitimacy in order to credibly take charge of the country. Lee Harvey Oswald didn't become president just because he capped JFK.

This is treason. King needs to be visited by the FBI. BLM needs to be placed on the terrorist watch list.

Don't you mean "Culture Appropriator Shaun King"?

I guess you don't know what happened in 1861.

There was no coup in 1861. There was a secession attempt, but in the end it was put down.

BLM has neither the ability nor the inclination to create their own state

There was no coup in 1861. There was a secession attempt, but in the end it was put down.

BLM has neither the ability nor the inclination to create their own state

The Confederacy didn't have the capacity to succeed, either.

The Confederacy didn't have the capacity to succeed, either.

Obviously not, but they had control of multiple states. BLM doesn't control any governing body, nor is it interesting in doing so from what I can tell.

BLM has motivated a number of terrorist attacks. There's no doubt they could orchestrate a coup.

BLM has motivated the exact number of terrorist attacks as has the GOP. Claiming that BLM has 'motivated' attacks is like saying that the GOP 'motivated' Timothy McVeigh.

This is treason. King needs to be visited by the FBI. BLM needs to be placed on the terrorist watch list.

BLM Thug : Vote for Hillary Clinton or there will be even more violence

Random BLM activist making stupid suggestions of taking forceful action of the government is no better a reason to label the entire BLM movement as "Terrorist" than random Tea Party activists making similar stupid suggestions. Movements that don't have defined requirements for membership are prone to having fringe individuals making outlandish claims that do not necessarily embody the overriding view of the vast majority within the movement.

BLM has motivated the exact number of terrorist attacks as has the GOP. Claiming that BLM has 'motivated' attacks is like saying that the GOP 'motivated' Timothy McVeigh.

Man I wish you were here during the Gabby Giffords shooting and various other issues in that time period where there were hosts of people on the other side doing the same as you see now; constantly trying to blame every whackjobs actions/statements on a movement as a whole.

Random BLM activist making stupid suggestions of taking forceful action of the government is no better a reason to label the entire BLM movement as "Terrorist" than random Tea Party activists making similar stupid suggestions. Movements that don't have defined requirements for membership are prone to having fringe individuals making outlandish claims that do not necessarily embody the overriding view of the vast majority within the movement.

This isn't a, "random activist". He's the head honcho of the Atlanta chapter.

Man I wish you were here during the Gabby Giffords shooting and various other issues in that time period where there were hosts of people on the other side doing the same as you see now; constantly trying to blame every whackjobs actions/statements on a movement as a whole.

What goes around comes around.

He doesn't concern me. If Trump is elected, and then he says the same thing, well, he's protected by the 1st Amendment - However, if he goes beyond just talking, well then, that's a whole other kettle of fish; I'd pay good money to watch a pay-per-view of his arrest and raid on his house by the FBI and Secret Service.

NOT everything one says is protected under the 1st Amendment ! :shock:

Shaun King is irrelevant, knows he's irrelevant, and is just trying anything in an attempt to not be irrelevant. Just another emo turd.

Something that is stupid, illogical, and a pathetic technique remains that way even if the sides change.

The Liberals paid for the song. Now they can dance to it.

It doesn't change the fact, however, that BLM has wraped itself in violence since day 1. The Tea Party never rioted, burned anything down, nor killed cops. There's a distinct difference between actual violence and talking ****.

Back
Top Bottom