• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black People are More Likely to Kill a Police Officer

And why is that? Are you saying that black people kill more people because they (the killers) are black? Is that what you're saying?

I have answered that question many times over. It is the result of the thug culture. Hating whitey and violence, disrespect are all glorified in this culture, gangster rap, hip hop etc.

the war on drugs combined with an idiotic social safety net

Okay - hey, whaddaya know - we've finally got a conservative who tried to give a direct answer! Good on you!

Now, as to your answers, when did "black culture" become violent? Because to blame the social safety net, you've got to be able to show that the timeline between the implementation of the social safety net and the rise in black crime fits. Even more to the point, you've got to show why it is that the overall homicide and crime rate even among blacks has fallen so significantly over the past two decades even as the social safety net has grown.

However, I quite agree with you that the war on drugs played a significant part, but why were minority communities - and particularly blacks - so strongly targeted? For example:

Although rates of drug use and selling are comparable across racial lines, people of color are far more likely to be stopped, searched, arrested, prosecuted, convicted and incarcerated for drug law violations than are whites.
Crack cocaine sentencing presents a particularly egregious case. Since the 1980s, federal penalties for crack were 100 times harsher than those for powder cocaine, with African Americans disproportionately sentenced to much lengthier terms.

And from that scholarly arm of the Heritage Foundation, the Cato Institute:

The War on Drugs destroys black families. It has become a norm for black children to grow up in single-parent homes, their fathers away in prison for long spells and barely knowing them. In poor and working-class black America, a man and a woman raising their children together is, of all things, an unusual large part in this. It must stop.

The War on Drugs discourages young black men from seeking legal employment. Because the illegality of drugs keeps the prices high, there are high salaries to be made in selling them. This makes selling drugs a standing tempting alternative to seeking lower-paying legal employment. The result is usually spells in jail, as well as a failure to build the job skills for legal employment that serve as a foundation for a productive existence in middle and later life.
The War on Drugs makes spending time in prison a badge of honor. To black men involved in the drug trade, in during prison time, regarded as an unjust punishment for merely selling people something they want(with some justification), is seen as a badge of strength: the ex-con is a hero rather than someone who went the wrong way. In the 1920s, before the War on Drugs, black Americans, regardless of class level, did not view black ex-cons as heroes.

Is the Cato Institute right? If so, then is it right to continue to lay all the blame on the black community as the Right seems to want to do? Don't get me wrong - every individual has to be held accountable for his or her actions...but is it right to blame the black community when they were so egregiously wronged by the War on Drugs? I don't think so.

But again, thanks for stepping up to try to answer. I hope the other conservatives follow your example.

Ok, so you blame the war on drugs for creating the thug culture. I can buy that to a certain extent.

'Cuz liberals are so well known for glorifying violence, guns, and misogyny. Wait, what?

Dude, DamnYankee blames the fact that his shoe came untied on "liberalism." I've never seen him make a single post that wasn't him blaming "leftists" for literally all of the world's ills.

Wait, I made a mistake. DY's shoes can't come untied. Velcro doesn't come untied.

The War on Drugs discourages young black men from seeking legal employment. Because the illegality of drugs keeps the prices high, there are high salaries to be made in selling them.

I'm rather surprised that the first time I've ever seen the proceeds from illicit drug sales referred to as a "salary" came from the Cato Institute. :lamo

C'mon now, I'm not asking you for numbers - I'm asking you WHY those numbers are as they are.

I know what you're fishing for but I doubt you will get the answer you want. Of course there are systemic problems that have had an effect on the black community that derives from the history of slavery, then Jim Crow, and on whatever level it still remains today. However, I don't accept that as a legitimate excuse as everyone is responsible for their own actions. Do you absolve a racist, going out and committing hate crimes? That racist too, grew up under an environment that conditioned him/her to be the way they are and act the way they act. However, it is that person's responsibility to break out of that cycle.

And that's just some of the problem. I think, at this point, there are plenty of problems that exist that are entirely organic unto themselves.

The very same study that said that it's false that blacks are being killed by police at a higher rate than whites also:

1 - found that blacks are subjected to physical assault by police at a significantly higher rate than whites even when the blacks are being compliant with the officers' demands, and

2 - every single black man to whom the author of the study talked to had been verbally assaulted by police at some point.

But of course all that is just made-up stuff, because racism doesn't exist...it's only in the minds of those who point it out. Or at least that's what conservatives seem to think....

So?

You just confirmed that the false narrative exists -- that blacks are NOT being targeted by officers.

We need, as a society, to work with law enforcement agencies to reduce inequality in the pushing/shoving/hitting/tasing aspects.

But -- the idea "Hands Up - Don't Shoot" is a fallacy. It's a soap opera narrative created by liberals and perpetuated in the media.

And that false narrative has lead to increased violence.

Is that what you want? Violence based on lies?

Get the truth out there -- denounce the "Hands Up- Don't Shoot" lie and then work toward better hiring and training procedures for officers.

If you continue to propagate the lie -- you're part of the problem, not the solution.

You're doing the same thing as the others - looking at the numbers, but refusing - flatly refusing - to answer why those numbers are the way they are. Assuming the OP is accurate, why were more homicides committed by blacks? WHY?

And why is it that every single conservative thus far (except for one guy who claimed "it's the music!") has refused to answer the simple question "why"?

I think we all know. Every single conservative who refuses to answer the obvious question, knows what he or she thinks is the answer, but is afraid to give the answer because of how he or she would be forever labeled on DP. Y'all don't want to give what you think is the answer...because of fear. Simple, stupid fear.

Because we have a large subset of a race that has been unable to be successful in our society. So as you mentioned in a pp, they turn to crime and drugs because it's easy money. Unless you're independently wealthy or entrepreneur-minded and really hustle, our society demands a secondary education of some sort and that you bust your *** if you want to live a somewhat comfortable life. There aren't a lot of decent paying jobs for high school drop outs. So that's why Glen. Every other race in this country as a whole has been able to be successful and make a go of a good life here. Except AAs. So I ask you now Glen, who needs to change them or our society?

The very same study that said that it's false that blacks are being killed by police at a higher rate than whites also:

1 - found that blacks are subjected to physical assault by police at a significantly higher rate than whites even when the blacks are being compliant with the officers' demands, and

2 - every single black man to whom the author of the study talked to had been verbally assaulted by police at some point.

But of course all that is just made-up stuff, because racism doesn't exist...it's only in the minds of those who point it out. Or at least that's what conservatives seem to think....

You're doing the same thing as the others - looking at the numbers, but refusing - flatly refusing - to answer why those numbers are the way they are. Assuming the OP is accurate, why were more homicides committed by blacks? WHY?

And why is it that every single conservative thus far (except for one guy who claimed "it's the music!") has refused to answer the simple question "why"?

I think we all know. Every single conservative who refuses to answer the obvious question, knows what he or she thinks is the answer, but is afraid to give the answer because of how he or she would be forever labeled on DP. Y'all don't want to give what you think is the answer...because of fear. Simple, stupid fear.

And why is that? Are you saying that black people kill more people because they (the killers) are black? Is that what you're saying?

No, you can't. Why? Because - as is made obvious by your 30K+ posts on DP - you not only have the wherewithal but the desire to do so, but on this issue...you refuse to offer details or anything of real substance.

Don't feel bad - the same goes for every other conservative who's answered this thread. Every single one - see it for yourself - has ha-RUMPHed their way out of answering the simple question (unless you count the guy who made the silly claim, "It's the music!").

And we all know why y'all won't answer the simple question.

You have everyone playing your little guessing game, then finally post the answer you've been searching for WITHOUT A SOURCE. Link it or give out the Jeopardy prizes 'cause everybody wins.

It's all for his image, dude. It's what a bunch of these celebrity singers do.

But I'm not even talking about celebrities, I'm talking about the average white kid. Take it from me, I'm a white kid who listens to rap music, and I don't want to live like a thug.

You mean you don't wear your pants around your knees and an over sized hat sideways?? ;)

Glen Contrarian said:

This says it all,if you ask me?

As you may have gathered, ever since the days of slavery, black people have been mistreated. this is because the relay culture to the other police was to 'be cautious.' when being cautious, of these racial stereotypes, the black people will also have a stereotype generalizing the police as slavers, yes? this culture and idea carried down through the ages until now. this means, of course, there is still tension, handed down from father to son, from mother to daughter.

Now, as you may gather, as soon as you see white jogger with a hood, you hoot and wave. when you see a black person with a hood on, you check your wallet, yes? do not deny this, or i will set up a study where they will prove this with 'everyone that has been mugged,' yes?

There are stereotypes, and we are all part of a minority where we fall under one, yes? this means that black people wearing their cultural dress code of 'faded sportswear,' would draw suspicion. then, there is the typical - hey man, is this because i am black, i am going to resist this racism. this just makes it harder for both parties. since when do we hear about black people resisting arrest? oh wait, it is all over the news! why? because the white police officers are being 'racist,' yes?

So, why are the black cops not complaining? if they were to also be targets of racism, then there would be a case - maybe the white officers like to bump blacks that stray into their turf at lunch in the rec room? how about hispanics? why do they join, and, why don't they complain?

Also? I'm not a conservative. But thanks for making it obvious you don't give a rats *** about black people. You're just using this thread to further your idiotic conservatives-are-racist agenda.

Failure-2.jpg

What Does Black Failure Tell Us About Blacks? | AMBROSE KANE

I don't agree with this guy on every level but, he covers the gambit of theories.

Last edited:
The problem is that out of 37 million US black folks, about 250 of which have killed police officers in the last decade, still means that odds are about 37 million to 25 that a specific black person present poses a great risk to your life. While that risk is higher than for a given white person present it is still extremely low.
It may be low, but the black vs non-black per capita risk is about 7x higher since roughly 1/8 the population is responsible for 1/2 the incidents:

Incident/pop(black)=1/2 / 1/8 = 4
Incident/pop(non-black)= 1/2 / 7/8 = 4/7
So, B/NB ratio is 7

This is highly significant, not just 10 or 20 % higher, rather 600%.

Now, in assessing risk as a function of some variable, one evaluates the relative risk of an adverse outcome as a function of it. In this case, precautions taken as a function of race, which can mean earlier utilization of force or deadly force than otherwise indicated based on this relative risk. One may deride it as profiling or racist, but these numbers do indicate the validity.

According to Far More Whites Killed by US Police -, 25% of police killings are black, or about 2x per capita. (1/4 / 1/8). While each case must be evaluated on its individual merits of course, a 2x increased incident in response to a 7x increased threat is a restrained reaction by almost any standard.

'Cuz liberals are so well known for glorifying violence, guns, and misogyny. Wait, what?

Yes, you're right. Leftists love their violence, look at BLM and places like Ferguson, Baltimore, etc. Guns, well leftists do gun each other down at an alarming rate in the big cities. Misogyny? Of course, leftist have a great fear of conservative women and a deep hatred.

Other than that, leftists have worked overtime destroying the country with their freakishness and perversion.

Ok, so you blame the war on drugs for creating the thug culture. I can buy that to a certain extent.

but he refused to see a correlation between crime and their idiotic implementation of a social safety net.

a war on drugs actually would be effective if addicts were faced with "tough love". instead it is used to create a new class of substandard wage earners. The result has been an increase in single family homes, a lifetime of government assistance to drug addicts which prevents many from hitting rock bottom and seeking true help for their addiction, and an overall reduction in the the respect for personal property, which progressives don't give a **** about anyway. all the while providing a lucrative earning model for those willing to live outside of the law.

progressives certainly own the first war on drugs - it was called prohibition. this one is not very different

Okay, let's play.

You posted numbers...so WHY do you think those numbers are the way they are? What do you think is the root cause of those numbers?

For the question asked in the OP the reasons for the violence are not really of interest.

That does not mean we should ignore them. It absolutely does not do that. But that is not the issue here.

Failure-2.jpg

What Does Black Failure Tell Us About Blacks? | AMBROSE KANE

I don't agree with this guy on every level but, he covers the gambit of theories.

What should have our warning bells raging is that new black immigrants do better in almost every walk of life than do the indigenous blacks. Can it be that all the support and transfers and schools and civil rights stuff socializes a kid less well, than growing up in the tribal heart of Africa? With a grain of salt, that seems to be the case.

What should have our warning bells raging is that new black immigrants do better in almost every walk of life than do the indigenous blacks. Can it be that all the support and transfers and schools and civil rights stuff socializes a kid less well, than growing up in the tribal heart of Africa? With a grain of salt, that seems to be the case.

The new arrivals definitely weren't groomed by the Leftists in this country.

The new arrivals definitely weren't groomed by the Leftists in this country.

I am afraid that might be the truth of it.

Back
Top Bottom