• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black parents shock doctors with white baby

The article says she is not a albino . If the parents were white and the baby was an albino her hair would be white and skin a lot paler and possibly a lack of pigment in the iris resulting in red or pink color eyes.

Plus, if it was albinism, the doctors would not have been "shocked", assuming that it wasn't just a case of hyperemotive journalism.;)

I don't know enough about genetics to have any real idea how rare a naturally occurring incident of this sort would be...

I'm assuming very rare, but apparently it's possible.:D

The baby's hair reminds me of some of the Australian aboriginals I've seen in documentaries and movies.

The article says she is not a albino . If the parents were white and the baby was an albino her hair would be white and skin a lot paler and possibly a lack of pigment in the iris resulting in red or pink color eyes.

Not true; black albinos typically have egg-yolk yellow hair, not white. I've known a few.
You can look up "African albinos" on google, and see some pictures.
Additionally, there are varying degrees of albinism.
Regardless of what the article says, the baby obviously has albinism; I can tell from her skin tone, hair color, and especially her eyes.
Albino babies are not white, they're bright pink.
You can see their blood through their skin.
Google some pictures.
The baby in this article is clearly albino.

I'd like to see a genetic test to prove these are both the parents.

I am guessing someone has been sleeping with another guy and its not the husband.

If she had slept around with another person and that person was white. The kid would have come out mixed race and not blue eyed/blonde hair.

I just think its one of those freaky incidents, one in a million type things or perhaps more likely one of the parents had unknown white ancestry.
I think it's a cute baby anyway.

Last edited:
The kids could merely be born with albinism.

Case in point.
Blond hair, probably light or blue eyes.

Albinisitic_man_portrait.jpg

I think there is degree's of Albinism which might explain it, a bit like virtiligo only it covers the entire body and the pigments are partially functioning. That probably would result in the child's blonde hair (if it was fully albino it would be white) and blue eye's.

Anyway, it could also be a genetic mutation unrelated to albinism.

I think there is degree's of Albinism which might explain it, a bit like virtiligo only it covers the entire body and the pigments are partially functioning. That probably would result in the child's blonde hair (if it was fully albino it would be white) and blue eye's.

Anyway, it could also be a genetic mutation unrelated to albinism.

i read in another article on it that it is a probably a combination of albinism and another genetic mutation.

here it is

Geneticist Dr Mark Thomas said the odds of the couple giving birth to a white, non-albino baby were between "many millions to one and a million to one".

"I suspect there's been a mixture of a mutation, like albinism, combined with a dormant white gene," he said.

Experts test white baby with black parents

That baby doesn't look like an albino African-American. Lack of pigment will not relax hair.

When I was young, there were white new parents that produced a black baby, so they made the news. At that time the experts said that physical characteristic genes could remain in the family lineage for seven generations.

Both of those parents could possibly have white ancestors that they don't know about. It's still unlikely odds, but possible.

That article needs two things: A test to verify that that kid is the child of *both* of the adults, and second, we need a picture of the kid when he's two or something.

I saw this and thought "Gee I really hope the next two headlines are not:- "White parents shock doctors with black baby" and "Birthing centre admits to baby mix up!!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom