• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Mass Shooters Under-reported?

Are Black Mass Shooters Under-reported?

• Total voters

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Are Black Mass Shooters Under-reported in favor of directing Left-Wing hatred at white people?

EDIT: I am not sure why the link redirected like that... I meant THIS story.

Last edited:
Are Black Mass Shooters Under-reported in favor of directing Left-Wing hatred at white people?

I don't hate cops. Far from it. But when one does that, I can't support it. It has nothing to do with left or right, white or black, Bodhi. It's about right and wrong.

And it has nothing to do with mass shooters, either, that I can see.

I don't hate cops. Far from it. But when one does that, I can't support it. It has nothing to do with left or right, white or black, Bodhi. It's about right and wrong.

And it has nothing to do with mass shooters, either, that I can see.
Edit: Ignore above.

EDIT: I am not sure why the link redirected like that... I meant THIS story.

So now that we're talking about the right news, no, I don't think they've ignored any mass shootings by black people. Some of them, like Hood nic, they have had a hard time figuring out who did it. I guess they've identified one guy, but they don't have evidence he shot anyone.

There was plenty of coverage of parade guy (alright that wasn't a shooting but it was a mass killing) and this James guy. Who do you think of that the media ignored?

To address Bodhi's question about black mass shooters:
You can either accept her argument or not.
Her contention is that Left-leading news channels will sweep black mass murder stories under the rug because it does not involve a white supremacist shooter.

Averting Our Eyes​

The New York subway massacre has roots in mental illness, but the shooter’s delusions were likely fed by the relentless cultivation of racial resentment.
Heather Mac Donald
April 13, 2022

Had a white male entered a New York subway car in a construction vest and gas mask, carrying a hatchet, a nine-millimeter handgun, extended ammo magazines, gasoline, fireworks, and two smoke grenades; had he then shot off at least 33 rounds, hitting ten people, the Biden administration and the media would have immediately raised an alarm about white nationalist violence. The shooter’s race would have led every story about such an attempted massacre; pundits would have immediately speculated about hate crime and domestic terrorism.
After all, U.S. attorney general Merrick Garland has elevated white supremacist violence to the top of Justice Department priorities. Federal law enforcement agencies regularly warn about coming white nationalist attacks. Since entering the White House, Biden has kept up a constant refrain about lethal white racism. On March 29, 2022, he declaimed that “hate never goes away,” “hate” referring, of course, to white Americans. He added: “If [hate] gets a little bit of oxygen, it comes roaring back out, screaming.” Kamala Harris chimed in: “Racial acts of terror still occur in our nation. And when they do, we must all have the courage to name them and hold the perpetrators to account.”
If that hypothetical white subway shooter had then been discovered to have posted tirades about black people, had he called for whites to get a gun and start shooting blacks, the global media would be in nuclear meltdown about white supremacy. Protests would be breaking out across the country and corporations would be emitting an avalanche of press releases about America’s racial injustice.
Instead, since the smoke-bomb detonating, race-ranting shooter on a New York City N train Tuesday morning was black, his race and apparent anti-white hatred are nearly taboo subjects. The New York Times begins its front-page story today about the carnage:
Hours after a gunman in an orange construction vest released two smoke grenades and fired at least 33 shots on an N train in Brooklyn, hundreds of police officers were searching Tuesday night for a 62-year-old man whom police officials have linked to the shooting.
Detectives were seeking to question the man, Frank R. James, about the attack at the 36th Street station in Sunset Park that injured at least 23 people, some of them children traveling to school.
The article continues through dozens of paragraphs without mentioning the shooter’s race. The closest we get to any inclination of James’s racial obsessions is a discreet paragraph noting that law enforcement officials have connected him to a “YouTube channel where he delivered lengthy rants, many of them concerned with race and violence.” Had the obsession with “race and violence” come from a white person, that person’s race would have been the main story. Therefore, savvy readers of the paper of record can safely infer that these rants about race and violence must have been directed at whites.
NBC News reported yesterday that the police “said they were looking for a man believed to be about 5-foot-5 and 180 pounds, wearing a green construction vest during the attack.” The network’s updated story today still leaves out the shooter’s race, though another story noted that James discussed “a ‘race war’ and the desire to ‘exterminate’ certain groups of people.” MSNBC described the suspect as a “man wearing a gas mask [who] opened fire on a Manhattan-bound N train as it was pulling into the 36th Street Station.”

Her contention is that Left-leading news channels will sweep black mass murder stories under the rug because it does not involve a white supremacist shooter.

Averting Our Eyes​

The New York subway massacre has roots in mental illness, but the shooter’s delusions were likely fed by the relentless cultivation of racial resentment.
Heather Mac Donald
April 13, 2022

Had a white male entered a New York subway car in a construction vest and gas mask, carrying a hatchet, a nine-millimeter handgun, extended ammo magazines, gasoline, fireworks, and two smoke grenades; had he then shot off at least 33 rounds, hitting ten people, the Biden administration and the media would have immediately raised an alarm about white nationalist violence. The shooter’s race would have led every story about such an attempted massacre; pundits would have immediately speculated about hate crime and domestic terrorism.
After all, U.S. attorney general Merrick Garland has elevated white supremacist violence to the top of Justice Department priorities. Federal law enforcement agencies regularly warn about coming white nationalist attacks. Since entering the White House, Biden has kept up a constant refrain about lethal white racism. On March 29, 2022, he declaimed that “hate never goes away,” “hate” referring, of course, to white Americans. He added: “If [hate] gets a little bit of oxygen, it comes roaring back out, screaming.” Kamala Harris chimed in: “Racial acts of terror still occur in our nation. And when they do, we must all have the courage to name them and hold the perpetrators to account.”
If that hypothetical white subway shooter had then been discovered to have posted tirades about black people, had he called for whites to get a gun and start shooting blacks, the global media would be in nuclear meltdown about white supremacy. Protests would be breaking out across the country and corporations would be emitting an avalanche of press releases about America’s racial injustice.
Instead, since the smoke-bomb detonating, race-ranting shooter on a New York City N train Tuesday morning was black, his race and apparent anti-white hatred are nearly taboo subjects. The New York Times begins its front-page story today about the carnage:

I honest to God don't know how she managed it, but she somehow turned a story about a black mass shooter into a cry fest for white supremacists; the poor victims! It's a lot of supposing and imagining, and bullshit.

I'm trying to recall examples of what she is describing. There was the kid who shot all those black folks at church and the guy who posted up that long manifesto before he shot up a bunch of people in..was it Texas? Was he even a white supremacist? He was something... I don't remember a bunch of others that were supposedly white supremacists? If there were, it wasn't much of an outcry because I don't remember it.

White supremacists aren't the victims here. Jesus Christ. What a reaction.

Her contention
Is it untrue thought?

I honest to God don't know how she managed it,
Some people have a way with words and understand the limitations of others.
but she somehow turned a story about a black mass shooter into a cry fest for white supremacists; the poor victims!
In this case... just white victims of accusation.
It's a lot of supposing and imagining, and bullshit.
and reality///
I'm trying to recall examples of what she is describing. There was the kid who shot all those black folks at church and the guy who posted up that long manifesto before he shot up a bunch of people in..was it Texas? Was he even a white supremacist? He was something... I don't remember a bunch of others that were supposedly white supremacists? If there were, it wasn't much of an outcry because I don't remember it.
Are they not bad as well?
White supremacists aren't the victims here. Jesus Christ. What a reaction.
Who said that white supremacists were vicitms?

This is something that was discussed today. Mass shooters are typically thought of as white, and minority mass shooters are considered an anomaly. That absolutely comes from the reporting and attention given to mass shootings.

IF you consider the anti-gun crowds statistics on mass shootings they will claim there are 350-400 'mass shootings' a year. Realistically there are on average THREE shootings that the FBI has traditionally considered a mass shooting. So to get to the 350-400 number you HAVE to count all the gang related shootings and when you consider that, the raw numbers alone show a ridiculously large percentage of mass shootings actually perpetrated by minorities.

If however you still to what has been traditionally counted as a mass shooting...4 or more deaths in a continuous act...then you will find that they average around three times a year, and that in fact the number of mass shootings are very evenly spread among the races.

To really reduce the number of mass or spree shootings, where we would be better served is in the actual study of the instances with less focus on race and more focus on cause.

Who said that white supremacists were vicitms?
You can't see it?

Oh boo hoo if it had been a white racist we'd never hear the end of it...

Well, this was a black bigot who was mentally unbalanced and full of hate, but he just indiscriminately shot a bunch of people; they weren't even all white. Because he's crazy. And I've heard all about it. His youtube vids weren't even taken down.

Like I said, I don't have tv, so maybe I'd get a different impression if I did, but from the articles I've read, and there have been plenty, no one tried hiding his hatred.

The answer is yes because thousands are gunned down in unsolved gang violence every year.

Nope, the answer is other. Obviously, the information (bolded above) was reported or you would not be aware of it. Some mass shooting events get more media attention than others, but that is true for nearly any class of events including motor vehicle ‘accidents’ resulting in multiple fatalities and/or injuries.

This is something that was discussed today. Mass shooters are typically thought of as white, and minority mass shooters are considered an anomaly. That absolutely comes from the reporting and attention given to mass shootings.

IF you consider the anti-gun crowds statistics on mass shootings they will claim there are 350-400 'mass shootings' a year. Realistically there are on average THREE shootings that the FBI has traditionally considered a mass shooting. So to get to the 350-400 number you HAVE to count all the gang related shootings and when you consider that, the raw numbers alone show a ridiculously large percentage of mass shootings actually perpetrated by minorities.

If however you still to what has been traditionally counted as a mass shooting...4 or more deaths in a continuous act...then you will find that they average around three times a year, and that in fact the number of mass shootings are very evenly spread among the races.

To really reduce the number of mass or spree shootings, where we would be better served is in the actual study of the instances with less focus on race and more focus on cause.

Nope, your (bolded above) definition is not universal. In fact, using your definition, the latest NYC subway shooting would not qualify as a mass shooting because none of the 10 people shot died. Most commonly, a “mass shooting” event results in 4 or more gunshot victims (no fatality is required) from a single shooting ‘spree’.

The FBI doesn’t define “mass shooting” as its own term; it only defines a “mass murderer” as someone who kills four or more people in one location—and that doesn’t necessarily have to be with a firearm. The most accepted definition of a mass shooting, then, is as a single incident in which four or more people are shot or killed. A mass shooting typically occurs in a single place and time but can include multiple locations in close proximity to each other, as was the case in Atlanta. The Gun Violence Archive (GVA), a leading organization on the topic, uses this definition—as does the Giffords Law Center.

Surprisingly, I voted yes.

The only reason being this seems to have been more quickly shuffled from the court of public opinion to the courts where this belongs. So why would I vote yes? With other cases our arguably more liberal leaning media leaves these stories in the hands of commentary and the court of public opinion much longer sometimes coinciding with the real courts.

My comment is intentionally damning of how the media usually handles this but it is worth noting when the media glosses over some similar event with no real reason offered as to why.

I'd say that gang shootings are often not reported nationally, although they get local coverage. Or if the hit that 4 dead or more threshold, they aren't reported because they aren't random. As stupid as turf wars are, it's a reason that doesn't scare people outside of the area where drug wars are fought. Random shootings with no obvious cause could happen where ever they are, school, movies, concerts & night clubs, walking anywhere that people are. That is why they are reported beyond their turf. IMO

I'd say that gang shootings are often not reported nationally, although they get local coverage. Or if the hit that 4 dead or more threshold, they aren't reported because they aren't random. As stupid as turf wars are, it's a reason that doesn't scare people outside of the area where drug wars are fought. Random shootings with no obvious cause could happen where ever they are, school, movies, concerts & night clubs, walking anywhere that people are. That is why they are reported beyond their turf. IMO
Just about EVERY incident gets a news report. When the shootings involve a white shooter, it usually becomes a media event.

A few years back, a man shot up a bunch of massage parlors. Turns out he was white and about half the victims were Asians...and we launched a months long "STOP ASIAN VIOLENCE!!!" campaign. His race nor the race of half of his victims were not an issue...yet...it became a cause. A few weeks later several brutal killings occurred along with other attacks on Asians.

Crickets.

When it was a white perpetrator of an incident...its a national campaign. When minorities are discovered to be the VAST majority of perpetrators in the approx 2500 hate crimes that occur every year........nothing.

BTW...this is NOT an anti-white thing...this is very much a leftist/Marxist tactic used to divide the country along racial lines. The end goal is NOT "white people bad", the end goal is "you hate each other, right" and mindless muppets nod along with them, swallowing it all blindly.

Last edited:
oh come on......do you think that Fox would not report and dwell on a black mass shooter....

You can't see it?

Oh boo hoo if it had been a white racist we'd never hear the end of it...

Well, this was a black bigot who was mentally unbalanced and full of hate, but he just indiscriminately shot a bunch of people; they weren't even all white. Because he's crazy. And I've heard all about it. His youtube vids weren't even taken down.

Like I said, I don't have tv, so maybe I'd get a different impression if I did, but from the articles I've read, and there have been plenty, no one tried hiding his hatred.
I think that your answer has almost literally nothing to do with what I said... yet you still felt compelled to case an insult.

Had this been a white nationalist shooting up NYC it would dominate mainstream media coverage for months because it would fit a narrative in a way this actual shooting does not.
^^^ THIS

Surprisingly, I voted yes.

The only reason being this seems to have been more quickly shuffled from the court of public opinion to the courts where this belongs. So why would I vote yes? With other cases our arguably more liberal leaning media leaves these stories in the hands of commentary and the court of public opinion much longer sometimes coinciding with the real courts.

My comment is intentionally damning of how the media usually handles this but it is worth noting when the media glosses over some similar event with no real reason offered as to why.
Good Post

BTW...this is NOT an anti-white thing...this is very much a leftist/Marxist tactic used to divide the country along racial lines. The end goal is NOT "white people bad", the end goal is "you hate each other, right" and mindless muppets nod along with them, swallowing it all blindly.
Surprisingly, you nailed the point of the thread. LOL :)

oh come on......do you think that Fox would not report and dwell on a black mass shooter....
Probably... but I don't have TV and I rarely follow the news.

Back
Top Bottom