• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black man's body found burning in a ditch in Iowa

PNW Guy

CAUTION: SNARK AREA!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
CNN said:
Black man's body found burning in a ditch in Iowa
By Mallory Hughes, CNN
Updated 1454 GMT (2254 HKT) September 22, 2020

200921170025-01-black-man-found-in-ditch-exlarge-169.jpg

The body of Michael Williams was found in a ditch near Kellogg, Iowa.

(CNN)A Black man whose burning body was found in a ditch in rural Iowa has been identified as a local grandfather.
Just after 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 16, authorities received a report of a fire in a roadside ditch near Kellogg. Responding personnel found an active fire and, after extinguishing it, they discovered a body.
The dead man has been identified as 44-year-old Michael Williams, of Grinnell, Iowa, authorities said. The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said in a statement it is treating his death as a homicide.....

This is Trump®'s America. We won't survive four more years of it. It ain't just black people threatened either. A modern day lynching in a place known for white supremacy. This could've only gone so unnoticed under Trump®.

This is Trump®'s America. We won't survive four more years of it. It ain't just black people threatened either.

A murder is "Trump's America"? There have been murders since the beginning of time. And when you say "we won't survive four more years of it," what does that mean exactly?

A murder is "Trump's America"? There have been murders since the beginning of time. And when you say "we won't survive four more years of it," what does that mean exactly?

Basically an old school KKK style murder Yes Trump and MAGA owns this and even YOU know that. Of course it's the feature for much of the MAGAA™ crowd, such crimes are acceptable.

You defended gunning down Arbury, y'all will find a way to make a hero of this perpatrator if the shit stain is ever found too, no doubt....

The major point is, without the divisive piece of shit in the white house, stories like this would be front page, not the orange shit stains scandal of the last hour, since his administration is now generating mutiple scandals per day, to cover ass on the last scandal.

Basically an old school KKK style murder Yes Trump and MAGA owns this and even YOU know that. Of course it's the feature for much of the MAGAA™ crowd, such crimes are acceptable.

You defended gunning down Arbury, y'all will find a way to make a hero of this perpatrator if the shit stain is ever found too, no doubt....

You know black people are murdered every single day, right? The vast majority have nothing to do with white supremacy. Have the detectives announced that the murderer is a MAGA supporter?

You know black people are murdered every single day, right? The vast majority have nothing to do with white supremacy. Have the detectives announced that the murderer is a MAGA supporter?
You know better, the dumb act is not convincing. I'm sure yoiur type will be DIGGING for the victim's records and any weak justification for the murder. Scum gonna be scum, that's what MAGAA™ is mostly about....

We don't know anything about the circumstances that led to this. Some very large leaping to conclusions though. There are countless reasons we kill each other, all equally ridiculous. Regardless of whether this is an Arbery situation or something totally different, I hope the family gets justice.

You know better, the dumb act is not convincing. I'm sure yoiur type will be DIGGING for the victoim's records and justification for the murder. Scum gonna be scum, that's what MAGAA™ is mostly about....

My type? You're jumping to conclusions here. You know nothing about why he was murdered or who murdered him.

Oh, and please quote where I defended gunning down Arbery.

We don't know anything about the circumstances that led to this. Some very large leaping to conclusions though. There are countless reasons we kill each other, all equally ridiculous. Regardless of whether this is an Arbery situation or something totally different, I hope the family gets justice.
This has ALL the earmarks of an old school KKK killing, in a place known for white sup[remacy. I'm sure it's Antifa, trying to frame good patriots right?

My type? Oh, and please quote where I defended gunning down Arbery.
If you're a Trump voter, well, same flawed views, just as worthless....

This is Trump®'s America. We won't survive four more years of it. It ain't just black people threatened either. A modern day lynching in a place known for white supremacy. This could've only gone so unnoticed under Trump®.

Only the worst of the worst dance on the graves of the dead to push a faux political narrative.

This is Trump[emoji2400]'s America. We won't survive four more years of it. It ain't just black people threatened either. A modern day lynching in a place known for white supremacy. This could've only gone so unnoticed under Trump[emoji2400].

Yep. I yearn for the days prior to November 2016 when no one was ever murdered, the streets were paved with gold and wine flowed from the kitchen faucet. *shakes fist* Thanks Trump!!!

But mocking of political rant aside, what a horrible crime. I hope they find out who did it.

Well I definitely didn’t agree with the pro murder plank in Trump’s platform, but then, who does agree with their candidate on everything?

The optics certainly look bad on this, but there's not any information on motive or suspects at this point, so it's hard to say if this is a KKK style hate crime.

I think you are being premature here and jumping to conclusions.

Let's wait for the initial investigative/coroner reports.

You have literally zero evidence to support a single word you've just typed.

There is no evidence yet that it was a "modern day lynching," since there is no evidence made public at all.

It didn't "go unnoticed." The man was on fire so the FD came to put it out and found the body. What part of this was "unnoticed?"

Also, were the tens of thousands of black people murdered in the US from January 2009 through January 2017 indicative of "Obama's America?"

There is no evidence yet that it was a "modern day lynching," since there is no evidence made public at all

So far, they indicate the murderer and murdered were acquaintances .. and (according to NAACP and the detectives) race does not appear to have been a factor.

Which obviously means, it's Trumps fault. It will probably turn out that the murdered was a black, white supremacist Trump supporter and the white fools were Antifa punching the NAZIs.

You know better, the dumb act is not convincing. I'm sure yoiur type will be DIGGING for the victim's records and any weak justification for the murder. Scum gonna be scum, that's what MAGAA™ is mostly about....
I don't know if Josie would do that, but it does sicken me how the MAGA types scramble to victim blame whenever there's a murder that's obviously racially motivated. Guilt is a whacky emotion.

They have no clue who murdered the man or why. But, predictably, some white Democrat runs to the forum pretending to be an aggrieved black man ranting he has SOLVED THE CRIME and it he was murdered by the KKK.

This was clearly "white racism" - by default, of course, and before any investigation.
White racism is a result of white privilege. Since I am white and have been blessed with an overdose of white privilege, I am, therefore, a racist. Hence, I am guilty of that crime.
Where do I turn myself in? Locally or do I drive to that place?

I think all Josie means is let's wait till the facts are in. Yes it bears some trappings of a racially motivated killing but I think we need a police report before jumping to conclusions.

White men who pretend to be aggrieved black men screaming "RACISM! RACIST!" at everyone are the most racist people in the country - purely bizarre racists. They desperately want to play the race card for themselves. Truly pathetic people, the definition of racist losers.

This was clearly "white racism" - by default, of course, and before any investigation.
White racism is a result of white privilege. Since I am white and have been blessed with an overdose of white privilege, I am, therefore, a racist. Hence, I am guilty of that crime.
Where do I turn myself in? Locally or do I drive to that place?

Nearly all murders of black men are by other black men.

This has ALL the earmarks of an old school KKK killing, in a place known for white sup[remacy. I'm sure it's Antifa, trying to frame good patriots right?
Please point out anywhere I said this was related to Antifa, good patriots, or anything political at all.

What I'm saying is, there isn't enough information to glean any kind of motivation at this time. Jumping to conclusions based on your biases (however accurate your biases may be in some cases) does not help you come to the truth of the matter in this case. Meanwhile, half the left is still in denial that the Portland killing was politically motivated and premeditated, despite evidence to the contrary. Pointing to this and shouting "Trump did this" doesn't further any legitimate purpose, other than to continue the escalations.

Back
Top Bottom