• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Black Man Shoots White Teen, Jury says Self Defense. And Nobody Cares [W:86]

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Tim McNabb
18 July, 2013

Roderick-Scott-right-courtesy-ynn.com_.jpg
Huh. Roderick Scott went out of his house to confront a trio of punks breaking into cars in his Greece, New York neighborhood. Scott’s story was that he fired two rounds at one of them when the young man charged him after being told to freeze and wait for the cops. So, we largely have an inverse image of the incident in which Trayvon Martin perished, complete with the kinfolk weeping thusly . . .
“The message is that we can all go out and get guns and feel anybody that we feel is threatening us and lie about the fact,” said Jim Cervini, Christopher’s father. “My son never threatened anybody. He was a gentle child, his nature was gentle, he was a good person and he was never, ever arrested for anything, and has never been in trouble. He was 16 years and four months old, and he was slaughtered.”
Alas, for the future value of the Christopher Cervini trademark and subsequent merchandise sales, young Chris didn’t really look like the son of anyone famous or influential. If they’d had one.
How heavily did stories of gangs of rednecks beating the life out of a black man hang upon the mind of Mr. Scott in the split second before he pulled the trigger? Who cares?
The jury clearly believed that Scott was in fear for his life when he defended himself, and all the second-guessing and carping about him being a wannabe cop went either unmentioned, or unheeded. Absent more information that the state, with all its resources, was not able to cobble together a case to the satisfaction of the jury, I believe that Cervini’s death is one of the possible outcomes of a young man being out screwing around when he shouldn’t have been.
When I was growing up, that’s what I was told. Run with a bad crowd, bad things can happen. Act a certain way, dress a certain way, mouth off to the wrong person, and bad things can and do happen.
Neither President Obama nor Attorney General Eric Holder were not available for comment.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Black Man Shoots White Teen, Jury says Self Defense. And Nobody Cares | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

We also note that neither Al Sharpton nor Jesse Jackson were available to comment.

and people ignore the black shooting blacks.

Maybe it is because some accept what the jury decides. Unlike some regarding the TM/GZ case.

By Tim McNabb
18 July, 2013

Huh. Roderick Scott went out of his house to confront a trio of punks breaking into cars in his Greece, New York neighborhood. Scott’s story was that he fired two rounds at one of them when the young man charged him after being told to freeze and wait for the cops. So, we largely have an inverse image of the incident in which Trayvon Martin perished, complete with the kinfolk weeping thusly . . .
“The message is that we can all go out and get guns and feel anybody that we feel is threatening us and lie about the fact,” said Jim Cervini, Christopher’s father. “My son never threatened anybody. He was a gentle child, his nature was gentle, he was a good person and he was never, ever arrested for anything, and has never been in trouble. He was 16 years and four months old, and he was slaughtered.”
Alas, for the future value of the Christopher Cervini trademark and subsequent merchandise sales, young Chris didn’t really look like the son of anyone famous or influential. If they’d had one.
How heavily did stories of gangs of rednecks beating the life out of a black man hang upon the mind of Mr. Scott in the split second before he pulled the trigger? Who cares?
The jury clearly believed that Scott was in fear for his life when he defended himself, and all the second-guessing and carping about him being a wannabe cop went either unmentioned, or unheeded. Absent more information that the state, with all its resources, was not able to cobble together a case to the satisfaction of the jury, I believe that Cervini’s death is one of the possible outcomes of a young man being out screwing around when he shouldn’t have been.
When I was growing up, that’s what I was told. Run with a bad crowd, bad things can happen. Act a certain way, dress a certain way, mouth off to the wrong person, and bad things can and do happen.
Neither President Obama nor Attorney General Eric Holder were not available for comment.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Black Man Shoots White Teen, Jury says Self Defense. And Nobody Cares | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

We also note that neither Al Sharpton nor Jesse Jackson were available to comment.

The only concern that I have with this story is whether a "citizen's arrest" was legal for observing teens "breaking into cars", if so then I have no problem with the resulting shooting. If a citizen's arrest was not legal, under the circumstances, then the shooting was based upon the shooter initially committing a crime, thus not covered by any rational self defense argument.

Sounds like a clean kill, to me. Boys shouldn't been breaking into peoples's cars.

Ok, so let's have an admin rename the Zimmerman sub-forum for this case. I'm sure the media is going to flip out for months about this case too.

Oh wait, the killer is black, nevermind.

Sounds like a clean kill, to me. Boys shouldn't been breaking into peoples's cars.

The alleged break in was not the issue

The defendant's fear of serious bodily harm when *said suspect* charged him

Yeah, that too. At the end of the day, had they not been breaking into the cars, it wouldnt have happened.

Yeah, that too. At the end of the day, had they not been breaking into the cars, it wouldnt have happened.

moral of the story: don't act like a thug/hoodlum and the chances of bad things happening to you are greatly reduced

Hey man! Why'd you put "said suspect" in quotes like that? Is that some kind of code for "creepy ass cracka"?:lol:

I think I'm going to go get a Justice for Christopher Cervini tshirt made just for kicks.

Just as the shooting of Trayvon Martin was a clean shoot.

Hey man! Why'd you put "said suspect" in quotes like that? Is that some kind of code for "creepy ass cracka"?:lol:

I think I'm going to go get a Justice for Christopher Cervini tshirt made just for kicks.
People will look at you funny.

Is that similar to Trayvon sucker punching Zimmerman, grounding and pounding MMA style?

The *alleged* thief just had to turn around and run off...and zero threat to the shooter

The shooter shoots, the *alleged thief* fleeing then, you have a different ending

Interesting that the TM supporters seem to by shying away from this thread.

Hopefully one day people will debate cases based on the facts and not the color of those involved.

Looks like the shooter is the type of person I would like in my neighborhood.

The only concern that I have with this story is whether a "citizen's arrest" was legal for observing teens "breaking into cars", if so then I have no problem with the resulting shooting. If a citizen's arrest was not legal, under the circumstances, then the shooting was based upon the shooter initially committing a crime, thus not covered by any rational self defense argument.

Greetings, ttwtt! :2wave:

One of the biggest concerns I have is the mentality of people who believe the law does not apply to them! What has happened to our society that this is becoming commonplace? Theft has always been a crime! Breaking into someone's home or car is asking for trouble, and yet it continues. Stupidity is alive and well today? Sheesh! :shock: :screwy:

Hopefully one day people will debate cases based on the facts and not the color of those involved.

It's the difference between ideologies that are based in individuality and personal responsibility and those that are based in social theory and excuses.

moral of the story: don't act like a thug/hoodlum and the chances of bad things happening to you are greatly reduced

:agree: That's what I was taught, and my parents were correct! :thumbs:

Greetings, OscarB63. :2wave:

Greetings, ttwtt! :2wave:

One of the biggest concerns I have is the mentality of people who believe the law does not apply to them! What has happened to our society that this is becoming commonplace? Theft has always been a crime! Breaking into someone's home or car is asking for trouble, and yet it continues. Stupidity is alive and well today? Sheesh! :shock: :screwy:

poverty and crime go hand in hand.

you don't see the son of millionares try and rob people, unless you count all the wheeling and dealing on wall street.

Of course they're are; it's a white kid. I bet you won't even see lip service out of them.

poverty and crime go hand in hand.

you don't see the son of millionares try and rob people, unless you count all the wheeling and dealing on wall street.

I didn't have **** growing up. I never stole people's property. That's just another excuse that encourages people to act this way.

By Tim McNabb
18 July, 2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

With the number of people shooting other people in the United States every day its not really fesible to run news coverage, especially on the Martin/Zimmerman level, on every single one.

Is that similar to Trayvon sucker punching Zimmerman, grounding and pounding MMA style?

It's done deal...Z was in fear and found not guilty

I didn't have **** growing up. I never stole people's property. That's just another excuse that encourages people to act this way.

Nice story, do you think everyone is the same as you? Do you think its a falsehood to say that proverty breeds crime simply because you personally were poor but never a criminal? Do I have to explain that your single story doesn't mean anything against a trend and a wealth of data to support it?

I suppose you'll argue next that drinking does not impair your driving because there have been people who have driven while drunk and never broke a traffic law or caused an accident while doing it right? That's pretty much what you're saying, that your one example defies all other examples and data because its your example.

unless we tackle the causes of crime, or address the reasons why someone would choose to become a criminal or what forces them to take on a life of crime, we will only be dealing with the symptoms of the sickness, not the cause.

Back
Top Bottom