• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black man harassed by cops for filming

I did notice videoed the gate opening and closing.
Opening and closing gates was suppressed as Top Secret and not supposed to be unsealed until 2051.

Damn these auditors~!!!

Oh no!
Now all the bag guys know how a gate works!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're doomed.
wait... I missed it. how does the gate work?

This creep wasn't just filming them doing their jobs. He was filming what personal vehicles these officers were driving. Cops had every right to be suspicious.
I know the police don't like that, but filming their personal vehicles as they leave and are on public streets is not illegal.

The police can be suspicious of somebody if they like, but unfortunately for the police, we don't live in China, North Korea, Iran, or Russia where citizens don't have the right to film them.

This creep wasn't just filming them doing their jobs. He was filming what personal vehicles these officers were driving. Cops had every right to be suspicious.
So what? Getting license plates and filming vehicles is completely legal in public. I have three cameras in my car filming everything and have probably filmed untold thousands of people's cars ad plates. Probably millions.

Oh no!
Now all the bag guys know how a gate works!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're doomed.
It was one of the concerns the cop mentioned as I recall.

I think the cop watches too many movies... bad guys out there casing the joint to steal something from the evidence locker... LOL

People can have suspicions and concerns, but they need to be reasonable/rational.

If you ask me, these cops in this just come off as being really stupid. Not knowing the laws they are sworn to enforce, and especially stupid for being too lacking in awareness to recognize the "game" which these 1st Amendment auditors do when attempting to bait cops into acting exactly how these two did. The citizen was on a public street in broad view in daylight holding a camera. That is NOT something to be concerned about. If the situation were that this was in the middle of the night, out front of a pharmacy or an electronics store that are closed, and then the police approached to ask similar questions, then I would be agreeing with the "reasonable suspicion" a cop might have under that type of 'time/place/manner' situation. But getting defensive of having their personal vehicles photographed.....well, too bad. If they are uncomfortable with that then they park remotely and take an Uber or taxi to and from work. Police/government is filming/tracking all of us and gather data ALL THE TIME, so why can't it go the other way?

Back
Top Bottom