• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Lives Matter stop terrorizing our cities

I though the police were all racists that want to murder black people? If ever they had the perfect excuse!

I thought all black people were dangerous, rabid thugs!?

Words are not terrorism - actions are terrorism.
Terror is terrorism
killing police, targeting police to kill, stopping people from getting to their destinations, jumping on cars and throwing rocks and basically making people afraid to go and live their lives - that's terror.

"Words are not terrorism - actions are terrorism."

So you need to talk to apdst, who apparently thinks that words can be used to terrorize people.

Now here's a fer-instance for you: say the government DID decided to pass a law to take away your firearms AND it survived all the legal challenges all the way to SCOTUS, and it suddenly became illegal to possess firearms. Do you really think that the tens of millions of law-abiding firearm owners in America would peacefully give up their firearms just to follow the law? Do you really?

Of course not. It would turn into a bloody mess in every sense of the term. And before you claim that this is a false equivalency, it's every bit as unconstitutional for blacks to be subjected to prejudice by the law enforcement community (equal protection under the law) as it certainly would be for America's gun owners to be forced to give up all their firearms.

The difference is, the prejudice in the law enforcement community DOES exist, as is evinced by the much greater rates of arrest, conviction, and lengths of incarceration as compared to whites accused of similar crimes in similar circumstances, who have similar or even worse rap sheets. Y'all are SO quick to blame it on the blacks...yet you never see the great glaring error in that far too-simplistic assumption.

Are you claiming he wasn't? Just also askin'

It's the Dallas PD who says he wasn't. Got any proof that he was? Because demanding for me to prove that he wasn't is a violation of the logical error of proving the negative - it simply can't be done.

So...got any proof that he was?

Didn't think so.

Really? President Obama has ticked me off for far too long but it is the law that we must all abide by. We all have things that set us off - anger us - things we feel must change. But taking the law in our own hands make us vigilantes not true American Citizens. We should never encourage this type of behavior to make changes to an otherwise amazing system. Nothing is perfect - but what is happening today in our country is not the way forward.

Obama hasn't been arresting you and incarcerating you for far longer than those who do not share your color of skin for similar crimes and criminal histories, has he? In fact, by almost every measure, Obama's IMPROVED America's economy...which helped you, too.

When you can show that you and everyone of your color has been downtrodden for centuries and that you're still facing outrageous acts of prejudice against you for the color of your skin (and NO, if you're white, you have NOT faced such prejudice), then you can talk.

The difference is, the prejudice in the law enforcement community DOES exist, as is evinced by the much greater rates of arrest, conviction, and lengths of incarceration as compared to whites accused of similar crimes in similar circumstances, who have similar or even worse rap sheets. Y'all are SO quick to blame it on the blacks...yet you never see the great glaring error in that far too-simplistic assumption.

:violin Non-sense. Committing more crime means greater rates of arrest, conviction, and lengths of incarceration. Your excuses and apologies don't change the facts.

What about the Confederate flag? Should Confederate symbolism remain in place?

Hm, let me see. There's a certain portion of the population who rebelled against America and fought our bloodiest war against our Constitutionally-elected government, all for the stated intention of the preservation of SLAVERY (and YES, that's what the war was about)...

...and you think we should still spend even one penny of our taxpayer dollars on allowing Confederate symbolism on our public property?

And yet you wonder how the GOP lost the minority vote....

He was inspired by BLM. He was on their side of the argument. How many BLM protesters were intentionally shot by Johnson? None, right? How many black officers were shot? Two hours before the first shot was fired Jeff Hood said, "goddamn white America". Johnson was definitely a BLM terrorist.

Ah. I see. So if a shooter was "inspired by the RNC", the RNC would be a "terrorist organization".

Noted.

Hm, let me see. There's a certain portion of the population who rebelled against America and fought our bloodiest war against our Constitutionally-elected government, all for the stated intention of the preservation of SLAVERY (and YES, that's what the war was about)...

...and you think we should still spend even one penny of our taxpayer dollars on allowing Confederate symbolism on our public property?

Another thing you want banned. Not surprising.

Jesus christ everything is extrapolated to absolutes with you people. Is that a core pillar of libertarian ideology or something?

"We shouldn't fly flags of an enemy nation over public property" isn't "banning" the flags. Put one on your garage if you feel some solidarity with traitors and slavers, I don't give a ****.

:violin Non-sense. Committing more crime means greater rates of arrest, conviction, and lengths of incarceration. Your excuses and apologies don't change the facts.

Really?

A 2012 working paper found “robust evidence” that black male federal defendants were given longer sentences than comparable whites. Black men’s sentences were, on average, 10 percent longer than those of their white peers. This is partly explained by the fact that prosecutors are about twice as likely to file charges against blacks that carry mandatory minimum sentences than against whites.

Note that this was in comparison to "comparable" whites, meaning same crime, similar circumstances, and comparable criminal histories.

That is not the police's fault they only enforce the laws, you want to get to the source of rights violations you have to go to DC, the White House, Congress and the SCOTUS.

Aha so when the law says to give up your gun and the police come to collects yours, you will gladly hand it over and go to DC to respectfully ask for it back. Got it.

You forget that humans are humans are humans.

Society is one thing, but all human beings are subject to things like mob psychology regardless of the society they're raised in. Take hundreds of pissed-off people, let them carry firearms with them, and then add mortal fear to the mix...and that's a recipe for disaster.

And it's a recipe that stayed in your cookbook marked "failure" becuase it didn't happen, for rational reasons, these protestors wanted to exercise their rights and not kill people.

And it's not just the armed members of the crowd that showed remarkable restraint - every bit as much credit (if not more) goes to the police who were certainly under fire and knew the protesters were armed...and yet did not fire on them.

maybe because police are more professional then you were willing to give them credit for, as in they're professional enough to know "this guy is breaking no laws and not posing a threat to me, so I probably shouldn't shoot him"

Really?

A 2012 working paper found “robust evidence” that black male federal defendants were given longer sentences than comparable whites. Black men’s sentences were, on average, 10 percent longer than those of their white peers. This is partly explained by the fact that prosecutors are about twice as likely to file charges against blacks that carry mandatory minimum sentences than against whites.

Note that this was in comparison to "comparable" whites, meaning same crime, similar circumstances, and comparable criminal histories.

does it compare jurisdiction though? I read one about that time that made no reference to jurisdiction in which charges are brought. I had a working theory that many charges black defendants get charged with comparable to whites are in urban versus rural areas. carrying a gun without a license in Seattle might get you jail time, where I live *MAYBE* if charges are even filed it will be a fine.

same with Methamphetamine, many tweekers in my area are on this catch and release game because the jail is often full and prosecutorial resources are limited. versus the city where there are many more resources, and in addition since many residents live with high crime and want something done about it the prosecutors in cities are less sypmathetic.

I wrote a letter to the author of one of those papers with this theory and asking if he addressed it. never got a response. I don't know if it's the same one you cite.

And still you wonder why you've lost the minority vote. You comfort yourself by thinking that the real problem is the black society itself, and don't even begin to wonder what made their society the way it is. Why? Because to do so would force you to ask questions that are very uncomfortable indeed for people who think as you do.

Was there anyone other than a policeman who was wounded by the sniper?

Oh, and are you still of the opinion that the sniper was part of a "black terrorist group"?

There were two civilians injured, but they weren't targeted by the BLM terrorist, obviously.

How many Confederate are alive, today?

And still you wonder why you've lost the minority vote. You comfort yourself by thinking that the real problem is the black society itself, and don't even begin to wonder what made their society the way it is. Why? Because to do so would force you to ask questions that are very uncomfortable indeed for people who think as you do.

The Thug culture of Rap and Hip Hop along with the Nanny State and the endless coddling is what has made them what they are today. Incidentally this is a small portion of the black society, the larger portion are indistinguishable from white society, none of these people are having fatal run ins with police. They are Doctors, Lawyers, Indian Chiefs and Presidents. Sorry but its just the Thugs with their pants around their ankles speaking Ebonics spewing their hatred...and their sympathizers.

Everything you mentioned is a case of demanding perfection and crying when you don't get it. Our LE officers are human beings and they occasionally make mistakes. But if you listen to people like yourself, all they do is go around shooting black people, kicking in people's doors without warrants and hurting little old ladies. The truth is that the BLM movement is about a self-created victim-hood and nothing else. The young black men that BLM claims are being targeted by LE are their own worst enemies. BLM types are their second worst enemy. At a time when we should be telling them that they need to be stepping up to the plate and acting like responsible citizens, we're telling them that when they do something wrong and suffer the consequences of that choice, then they it's someone else's fault.

Cry me a river FS. My grandfather was a cop in Chicago during prohibition and Al Capone. I have and still do socialize with cops.

That you're all hung up on BLM just means you follow the crowd and are easily suggestible.

I'm don't, and I'm not. :peace

Back
Top Bottom