• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Lives Matter "Platform"

Jack Fabulous

Friend Zone
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
As I suspected, this organization appears to be an offshoot of some of the radical organizations of the 60's. Less about black lives mattering and more about the far left's quest to confiscate wealth and end, that's right END, capitalism. Global Warming, open borders, free college, free health care... it's all in there. A veritable "holy grail" of far left pipe dreams thinly veiled as having something to do with black people being shot by police.

https://policy.m4bl.org/platform/

Black lives matter.

I have no problem saying that as a stand-alone sentence with no qualifiers, addendums, or disclaimers. Black lives matter. However, the organization "Black Lives Matter" can get bent.

I'm out.

As I suspected, this organization appears to be an offshoot of some of the radical organizations of the 60's. Less about black lives mattering and more about the far left's quest to confiscate wealth and end, that's right END, capitalism. Global Warming, open borders, free college, free health care... it's all in there. A veritable "holy grail" of far left pipe dreams thinly veiled as having something to do with black people being shot by police.

Black lives matter.

I have no problem saying that as a stand-alone sentence with no qualifiers, addendums, or disclaimers. Black lives matter. However, the organization "Black Lives Matter" can get bent.

I'm out.

I decided to open Reparations first because I knew it just had to be good.

I love these gems:

Cover all living costs, including but not limited to housing, transportation, childcare, healthcare, and food for students attending public universities, colleges, and technical educational programs (including technology, trade, and agricultural).

This was a winner, too.

Provide full access to all undocumented people to state and federal programs that provide aid to cover the full costs, including living costs, to attend public universities, and colleges, technical educational programs, and lifelong learning programs.

Oh my ****ing God.

Stories of African American history are often left untold or are under-told, and many individuals have no understanding of the extraordinary sacrifices that were made and hardships that were overcome. We need cultural reparations to publically acknowledge the history of mass violence in the U.S. in order to begin to heal from the trauma.

You know, I started to look around the other links of "demands" and I need to take an Advil and some Pepto Bismol. And then get drunk as hell because I can't believe that **** is even in peoples' minds.

Black lives matter.

Well put - that is my inclination exactly.

I decided to open Reparations first because I knew it just had to be good.

I love these gems:

Cover all living costs, including but not limited to housing, transportation, childcare, healthcare, and food for students attending public universities, colleges, and technical educational programs (including technology, trade, and agricultural).

This was a winner, too.

Provide full access to all undocumented people to state and federal programs that provide aid to cover the full costs, including living costs, to attend public universities, and colleges, technical educational programs, and lifelong learning programs.

Oh my ****ing God.

Stories of African American history are often left untold or are under-told, and many individuals have no understanding of the extraordinary sacrifices that were made and hardships that were overcome. We need cultural reparations to publically acknowledge the history of mass violence in the U.S. in order to begin to heal from the trauma.

You know, I started to look around the other links of "demands" and I need to take an Advil and some Pepto Bismol. And then get drunk as hell because I can't believe that **** is even in peoples' minds.

When you spend your entire life blaming others for your problems, and building up (and having it reinforced to you) that you are entitled to others' stuff in recompense, this is what comes out :(

Black lives matter.

I'm out.

There is no doubt that a White police officers should not shoot African Americans more frequently than they shoot Whites. Of course, the numbers do not seem to show they do and that the appearance that they do is because there has been so much made of individual cases. BLM know that and should, were they really interested, concentrate on persuading African Americans to kill fewer Blacks.

I predict a really peaceful and calm thread.

Black lives matter.

I'm out.
Sadly as we see another movement supposedly built to help one group ha morphed into an organization that wants to punish other groups and demands that the others pay for transgressions of past generations while forgetting that those past generations fought and died to give them their freedom. I do agree with on point, if they want Independent control over themselves then find someplace outside the borders on set them up, but since they are Independent they can pay their own way. Give Me, Give Me, Give Me seems to be their agenda, Not going to happen, no matter who is elected.

Black lives matter.

I'm out.

The current incarnation in based on the belief and premise that police officers of all races are systematically killing black people and they're doing it entirely because the person is black and with no justification at all. Since I reject that premise and the stats show otherwise, I reject the group founded on what I consider a lie.

I don't see a desirable platform to advocate for harming aspirational success. This is primarily an outgrowth of naive student protest politics.

You can get into the argument about the efficacy of the Great Society programs, but in many respects "reparations," if you will, was originally carried out in a number of those pieces of legislation.

I, myself, think that the legacy of those programs showed that tweaking was necessary, but not all was bad in those programs.

BLM is nothing but a racist front of liberalism, gee I never saw that one coming.

Queue up the White guilt apologists and their "The poor black man" :violin

When you spend your entire life blaming others for your problems, and building up (and having it reinforced to you) that you are entitled to others' stuff in recompense, this is what comes out :(

You do have to acknowledge some of those historic and systemic issues, all the same.

Nevertheless, when doing those sort of policy interventions, you seek to incentivize and reward desirable social behavior. In other words, if our societal goal is to have you as fiscally independent as possible, having a family, and so forth, you build your programs around that aspirational outcome. You don't "cripple" that by removing aspiration that was so heavily harped on by some of African Americans' best leaders: Booker T Washington, WEB Dubois, MLK, and so on. They wanted youth to be able to work hard and build their success, too.

WTH is "environmental racism" and "food apartheid"? I can figure out the rest of the idiocy but...WTH are those? :confused:

You do have to acknowledge some of those historic and systemic issues, all the same.

And I do - blacks, for example, get longer sentencing for the same crimes. That's clearly unfair, and probably generally driven by unconscious racial bias (which everyone has) of actors in the system.

Nevertheless, when doing those sort of policy interventions, you seek to incentivize and reward desirable social behavior. In other words, if our societal goal is to have you as fiscally independent as possible, having a family, and so forth, you build your programs around that aspirational outcome. You don't "cripple" that by removing aspiration that was so heavily harped on by some of African Americans' best leaders: Booker T Washington, WEB Dubois, MLK, and so on. They wanted youth to be able to work hard and build their success, too.

Strongly concur, though I would side with Washington against Dubois.

WTH is "environmental racism" and "food apartheid"? I can figure out the rest of the idiocy but...WTH are those? :confused:

Food costs more in high-crime areas because stores have to account for additional security and the additional lost in their figures.

Additionally, when Climate Change results in massive tidal waves because Global Warming creates an Ice Age that results in dogs instantly turning into wolves and taking control of New York, the poor will suffer the most.

So.... Racism.

Last edited:

Honestly, I've got no idea either. Some of these terms just make no sense at all.

I don't know EVERYTHING is about the black man and everything is racist against them. Global warming is a racist plot to kill black people and black eyed peas should be called African American peas.

Black lives matter.

I'm out.

Not this reparations BS again.

There is no black person alive today who was ever a slave, so I have to ask:

Reparations for what?

I stopped reading at the word patriarchy. I always stop reading at the word patriarchy. What patriarchy? You mean the patriarchy of FGM being banned but not MGM? You mean the patriarchy of women having parental choice, but not men? You mean the patriarchy of women getting special treatment in the work place? You mean the patriarchy of how family court treats men? You mean the patriarchy of a society where it is ok to hit men, but not women? You mean the patriarchy of men getting longer sentences than women for the same crimes? Should I go on about all this patriarchy found in society? Oh wait, nothing I just said deals with patriarchy. Go figure.

Food costs more in high-crime areas because stores have to account for additional security and the additional lost in their figures.

:shock: So let me get this straight..... They're demanding reparations for black people because of companies having to raise their prices in order to pay for the extra security in a high crime area...and that is....somehow....the governments fault or doing? ... :shock: :damn :beam: :bolt

I stopped reading at the word patriarchy. I always stop reading at the word patriarchy. What patriarchy? You mean the patriarchy of FGM being banned but not MGM? You mean the patriarchy of women having parental choice, but not men? You mean the patriarchy of women getting special treatment in the work place? You mean the patriarchy of how family court treats men? You mean the patriarchy of a society where it is ok to hit men, but not women? You mean the patriarchy of men getting longer sentences than women for the same crimes? Should I go on about all this patriarchy found in society? Oh wait, nothing I just said deals with patriarchy. Go figure.

Yes, that Patriarchy.

Y'know, the one that doesn't exist.

Not this reparations BS again.

There is no black person alive today who was ever a slave, so I have to ask:

Reparations for what?

Who would pay these reparations? Just the descendants of slave owners?

Who would pay these reparations? Just the descendants of slave owners?

They'd probably try to get the government to pay them. I'm guessing like the Japanese got paid reparations.

But the difference is the Japanese that got reparations were the ones directly affected by the Internment camps. There is no alive former slaves, so by that standard BLM doesn't qualify for any reparations.

"End the war on black people" --- how about "end the war on crying racism and injustice immediately every time a black person is killed by a non-black person"?

"End the war on black people" --- how about "end the war on crying racism and injustice immediately every time a black person is killed by a non-black person"?

That's racist.

"End the war on black people" --- how about "end the war on gangs, drug use and abuse in our black communities"?

Back
Top Bottom