• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Lives Matter closes route in to Heathrow and other protests

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Organiser Joshua Virasami told the BBC black people should come together "to achieve justice and equality in Britain and all over the world".The group is holding events in London, Manchester and Nottingham.
Protesters purporting to be part of the Black Lives Matter movement are obstructing traffic en route to Heathrow airport, meanwhile in Nottingham some protesters have laid down on tracks in the city centre causing delays to the tram network. Link.

Sorry but this is ridiculous, the situation in the UK and other parts of Europe is completely different from that in the US. And to think some are protesting about Mark Duggan where the police were investigated and cleared of wrongful shooting - the situation is nothing like in the US.

I'm embarrassed.

Sorry but this is ridiculous, the situation in the UK and other parts of Europe is completely different from that in the US. And to think some are protesting about Mark Duggan where the police were investigated and cleared of wrongful shooting - the situation is nothing like in the US.

I'm embarrassed.

Social media knows no frontiers. I agree that the UK situation is nothing like the US, but that doesn't mean there's no possible justification for protesting institutional racism in the police in particular and in the country in general. I also agree that Mark Duggan is a poor choice as an exemplar of problems with the police. The 500 black and Asian people who have died in suspicious circumstances at police hands over the past 25 years must provide far better rallying points than a tooled-up gangster like Duggan, even though the investigation of that incident left a lot to be desired.

I agree that the UK situation is nothing like the US, but that doesn't mean there's no possible justification for protesting institutional racism in the police in particular and in the country in general.
You say the first yet continue on with unsupported generalizations. That isn't a valid argument and neither was the article you provided. It was nothing more than an insinuation of possible racism. Not any actual racism.

For once I wish people could actually provide examples of actual racism instead of the make believe bs like #blackliesmatters spews.

You say the first yet continue on with unsupported generalizations. That isn't a valid argument and neither was the article you provided. It was nothing more than an insinuation of possible racism. Not any actual racism.

For once I wish people could actually provide examples of actual racism instead of the make believe bs like #blackliesmatters spews.

It's not a matter of conjecture. The police itself admits institutional racism claims are justified.

I'm embarrassed.

LOL! Most of the cops in the U.S. have been investigated and cleared as well.

These BLM'ers don't care. These people don't operate on logic, they operate on hate.

They won't be happy until they're in charge and the rest of us are kissing their feet and obeying their orders.

The only solution is CJF........ Cuff'em, Jail'em and Forget'em.

:mrgreen:

It's not a matter of conjecture. The police itself admits institutional racism claims are justified.
Yes it is still a matter of conjecture.
You are making the mistake of relying on the headline instead of the substance of the article.
What he is actually reported as saying it the following.
“If other people think we are institutionally racist, then we are. It’s no good me saying we’re not and saying you must believe me. [That would be] a nonsense, if they believe that.”

Yes it is still a matter of conjecture.
You are making the mistake of relying on the headline instead of the substance of the article.
What he is actually reported as saying it the following.
“If other people think we are institutionally racist, then we are. It’s no good me saying we’re not and saying you must believe me. [That would be] a nonsense, if they believe that.”
Okay, so you read that part which you can best "interpret" to fit what you want and forget all the rest.

Great.

Okay, so you read that part which you can best "interpret" to fit what you want and forget all the rest.

Great.
iLOL

I haven't ignored anything.
That is the sentence which generated the headline.

Any other information in the article was also just conjecture as nothing was provided to show any actual racism.
You would have know n that had you read the article.

iLOL

I haven't ignored anything.
That is the sentence which generated the headline.

Any other information in the article was also just conjecture as nothing was provided to show any actual racism.
You would have know n that had you read the article.
That's what one calls attempting to gain "narrative sovereignty".

And failing.

Never mind anyway.

I'm embarrassed.

I would have thought they would be doing PLM (Polish Lives Matter) or SHM (Spanish Homes Matter)rather than BLM in the UK. ;)

Classic Daily Fail tactics; when you can't defeat the argument, attack the messenger. So, one upper-class girl is involved in a protest involving hundreds of people. Colour me surprised!

Actually, nine young people participated. Also actually, the DM wasn't attacking an argument, just profiling who the nine arrested protesters are.

Back
Top Bottom