• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Lives Matter and Police Brutality[W:50]

Re: Black Lives Matter and Police Brutality

Thanks, but adults are not brainwashed if they are really smart. It is done when they are too little to develop the comprehension skills. I was not a true Muslim as a child. I was a different one.

North Koreans are extremely intelligent yet totally brainwashed..

North Koreans are extremely intelligent yet totally brainwashed..

Maybe but North korea is governed by dictatorship you know .

It was both apparent and a general statement . People kill each other accidentally ? I don't think so ,they usually want to shoot either in self defense or not.

1: Yes, people can kill other people accidentally. Or do you really think that a 3yr old would intentionally shoot their mother?

2: No one that shoots someone in self defense WANTS to shoot another person. Shootings in these cases might be technically considered "intentional" shootings, but there is a big difference between intentionally shooting someone in defense of ones life and intentionally shooting someone just because they pissed you off. Treating both of those as the same does nothing but portray a bias.

1: Yes, people can kill other people accidentally. Or do you really think that a 3yr old would intentionally shoot their mother?

2: No one that shoots someone in self defense WANTS to shoot another person[]. Shootings in these cases might be technically considered "intentional" shootings, but there is a big difference between intentionally shooting someone in defense of ones life and intentionally shooting someone just because they pissed you off. Treating both of those as the same does nothing but portray a bias.

I said ' usually'.....

if I wanted to defend myself against a rapist I would shoot the rapist intentionally of course.self defense is not my right ? I have the right for self defense and I wont be even founded guilty ,but the word 'intentionally ' is wrong in this case?

I said ' usually'.....

Statistics show that accidental shootings happen far more than intentional gun murders.

if I wanted to defend myself against a rapist I would shoot the rapist intentionally of course.self defense is not my right ?

Of course it's your right. But if you agree with that then why conflate intentional gun shootings (combining self defense uses and murders) with accidental shootings? What is to be gained by doing so?

Statistics show that accidental shootings happen far more than intentional gun murders.

Of course it's your right. But if you agree with that then why conflate intentional gun shootings (combining self defense uses and murders) with accidental shootings? What is to be gained by doing so?

Shooting in self defense is not murder but the shooting is mostly intentional ,that is what I mean

Suspecting someone of being a potential criminal shouldn't give anyone the excuse to follow anyone.it is a stalking.Law rules should not let anyone shoot the others whether they hold a gun or not ,shooting must not be like hunting animals.the image of cops dont seem to be ok ,they are thought to be racists,it is how they are seen in the world.I am not trying to insult them,I am really being objective.

? I don't know whether this is intended to be a joke to laugh at, or if you are serious and I should be concerned. Suspecting someone of being a criminal when you are the neighborhood watchman is just about the only reason you should be following someone. Furthermore, I find it ironic that you agree with inciting violence against someone for following them, but not when they are being physically assaulted. While I can agree, any type of murder is unfortunate, it doesn't excuse the necessity to use weapons for defense - especially when the other person has a weapon of their own.

The image of cops is what it is because of the media and liberals. They feel the need to subjectify them as a group instead of as individuals. You can dress donkeys up with glow necklaces and body paint, but at the end of the day, they are going to sit there and crap the same way the elephants do.

? I don't know whether this is intended to be a joke to laugh at, or if you are serious and I should be concerned. Suspecting someone of being a criminal when you are the neighborhood watchman is just about the only reason you should be following someone. Furthermore, I find it ironic that you agree with inciting violence against someone for following them, but not when they are being physically assaulted. While I can agree, any type of murder is unfortunate, it doesn't excuse the necessity to use weapons for defense - especially when the other person has a weapon of their own.

The image of cops is what it is because of the media and liberals. They feel the need to subjectify them as a group instead of as individuals. You can dress donkeys up with glow necklaces and body paint, but at the end of the day, they are going to sit there and crap the same way the elephants do.
huh ? I am not the one who killed Martin :shock:

Last edited:

I have no idea what you just said.

Cops should be educated enough to distinguish the black criminals from black innocent teenagers

Can you educate ME on the distinction please?

Suspecting someone of being a potential criminal shouldn't give anyone the excuse to follow anyone.it is a stalking.Law rules should not let anyone shoot the others whether they hold a gun or not ,shooting must not be like hunting animals.the image of cops dont seem to be ok ,they are thought to be racists,it is how they are seen in the world.I am not trying to insult them,I am really being objective.

By most state laws, "Stalking" requires more than one instance of following the same person.

The only people still touting Michael Brown as the poster boy of BLM are opponents who feel Brown discredits the movement. There are many more names: Tamir Rice, John Crawford, Eric Garner, Freddy Gray famous among them.

And the Trayvon case has a lot to do with race: Zimmerman followed Trayvon because he resembled an archetype of a young, black criminal. Trayvon had the right to defend himself and his family from what he perceived as a threat, and there's plenty of evidence to support that he confronted Zimmerman out of concern for his own safety.

Tamir Rice and John Crawford are even better examples, as they certainly satisfy your standard of "innocent." Neither of them represented an actual, real-world threat. Perceptions of race and identity politics certainly played a role in them being wrongly profiled as threats and then in the lack of accountability for the errors in judgment that led to their deaths.

There are many more anecdotal examples to support BLM's notion that black people's lives aren't valued as highly in the U.S. legal system.

Freddie Gray the crash for cash guy? The guy who the prosecutor tried to hide the medical examiners actual report and had an assistant DA who had previously worked one of his crash for cash cases tell the Detectives to ignore the fact that he was known for crash for cash schemes?

their hate crime comes from your hate

So they hate others blacks, because of the white man?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Can you educate ME on the distinction please?

sorry cops have to do this in order not to kill innocent kids :shrug:

So they hate others blacks, because of the white man?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

:shock: sorry they commit hate crime because of the white man :shrug:

The only people still touting Michael Brown as the poster boy of BLM are opponents who feel Brown discredits the movement. There are many more names: Tamir Rice, John Crawford, Eric Garner, Freddy Gray famous among them.
No.
None of those people are actually a cause for rally.

Eric Garner died because he was overweight, unhealthy and then decided to resist arrest. That is his fault.
Freddie Gray caused his own death by banging around in the back of a moving vehicle while restrained.
The shootings were justified and based on their actions, not their skin color.

But the idiots in BLM don't like making their own accountable for their own actions.

And the Trayvon case ...
Will be addressed in an appropriate off-topic area.

No.
None of those people are actually a cause for rally.

Eric Garner died because he was overweight, unhealthy and then decided to resist arrest. That is his fault.
Freddie Gray caused his own death by banging around in the back of a moving vehicle while restrained.
The shootings were justified and based on their actions, not their skin color.

But the idiots in BLM don't like making their own accountable for their own actions.

Will be addressed in an appropriate off-topic area.

We know. Always the victim's fault.

We know. Always the victim's fault.
You can be dismissive all you want but it wont change the fact that in the instances you brought up it was the person's actions that brought about what happened.

:shock: sorry they commit hate crime because of the white man :shrug:

So, then white people commit hate crimes because of black people too, right?

Glad that is cleared up.

Cops should be educated enough to distinguish the black criminals from black innocent teenagers

One in the same, look at the statistics. No father, six kids, unemployed mother, drugs, many quit school, many join gangs, many rob and steal, many are shot and it is the cops fault!!
If black lives matter why don't they matter in their homes??

If you spent ANY time in those neighborhoods you would not be saying that...

Not sure there is too much to add to this conversation at this point, but I'll throw my two cents in never-the-less. Most of this will be restatements of previously covered material.

Essentially I agree with everything Kal'Stang said.

While the shooting of an innocent black person is obviously something that is incredibly deplorable and should be avoided at all costs, the truth is that it mostly has been avoided.

All (or at least most) of the names you've heard in the news of black kids being shot have been cases that are justified. In some cases the kids had a gun and were not complying with police commands.

In other cases, the kids had a BB gun, or a toy that looked like a gun, but again, they were not complying with police commands; additionally, they were pointing their toy guns at the police. If you were confronted by someone at 150 meters and they had a "gun replica" that you were 80% sure was not a real firearm, would you not fear for your life? Statistically speaking 20% is pretty great odds to go against, but this isn't a poker table and you don't get second chances. If you win the bet: you get to live another day. If you lose: that's it, you're dead, game over, el fin. My point here is that if you have something that can be construed as a weapon, you can be construed as a threat. In that case, you need to put the object on the ground and distance yourself from it, making no sudden movements and complying with orders given to you. If you fail to do those things, you're only reinforcing the idea that you are a threat and escalating the situation.

In still other cases the kids were unarmed without any doubt, and yet they were still the dangerous aggressors. There is a very real reason the phrase unarmed hand-to-hand combat exists. It is very very possible to kill and/or do serious damage to another human being without having a weapon, and anyone who doesn't believe that to be the case needs to watch the martial arts tournaments coming up during these 2016 Summer Olympics. That being said, if you are actively attacking another individual, a person (cop or not) has every right to shoot you to defend the person you are attacking. That's what self defense means. Self defense is the action of incapacitating or deterring a threat that has a high probability of causing death or significant injury to you or others around you. Additionally, self defense is specifically focused on incapacitation and deterrence. This means that all of your moves and actions must be defensive, I.E. if you knock your opponent to the ground, you are not allowed to repeatedly kick him in the stomach, as he is not a threat to you any longer until he stands and demonstrates continued desire to inflict harm. As such, even in the Trayvon Martin case (assuming we believe the few eyewitnesses who said that Trayvon Martin was, at one point, punching Zimmerman despite Zimmerman being on the ground and not an effective threat), Trayvon Martin would be considered the aggressor, even if Zimmerman was following him and even if Zimmerman threw the first punch. The aggressor in a fight can change rapidly depending on who has the upper hand in the conflict, but if you have the upper hand it is your responsibility to disengage. If you fail to disengage and continue to inflict harm, then you are no longer acting in self defense, but instead are violently attacking. Furthermore, one person merely following another is not valid reason for violence, regardless of the circumstances. If you truly believe you're being followed to the point of being stalked, then call the authorities and let them sort it out.

So, in conclusion, I do not believe that the Black Lives Matter movement is justified or correct when it protests the actions of the police in contributing to the deaths of the kids in question. My reasoning for this is that I believe that the actions of the police were justified and correct in the situations in question.

This is not to say that I believe that there have never been any kids (or people) wrongfully killed by police officers, or that I believe that there has never been a race-motivated killing committed by a police officer. The law of large numbers dictates that such things must have surely happened.

Instead, it is my belief that a majority of killings done by police are justified and correct, that a majority of black people killed by police are at fault for the result, and that a majority of the actions by Black Lives Matter are unjustified and extreme.

The overall premise of Black Lives Matter, that being to raise awareness of racial violence with aims to prevent it, I support. However it's techniques, the examples that it points to, and it's routine promotion of violence against the police are things that I believe to be deplorable and uncivil.

Hmm...Trayvon Martin wasn't shot by cops. He was shot by a person that he attacked. Again, not an innocent, but a criminal.

I do agree that cops need to be a bit less trigger happy, but lets face it, there is no way to tell a black criminal from a black innocent teenager. Just as there is no way to tell who is a white criminal and a white innocent teenager. A brown criminal vs a brown innocent teenager. etc etc etc. Reminds me of that old picture that used to go around about terrorism that shows a bunch of people and asks for you to "spot the terrorist"...think they had one about homosexuality also.

Well maybe cops should stop pointing guns at black people for minor crap like traffic violations......

Well maybe cops should stop pointing guns at black people for minor crap like traffic violations......
Exaggerated nonsense.
They get guns pointed because of their actions, not simply over a traffic violation.

Back
Top Bottom