• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Lives Don't Matter... To Black People.

Do Black Lives Matter to Black Lives Matter?

• Total voters
If Obama had created any programs specifically for blacks... white people like these right wingers would have gone more crazy than they already are. They still whine about Affirmative Actions, they whined and cried when Biden tried to do something for black farmers... so, the comment and intent of the comment is nothing more than "bullshit" ... trying some simplistic delusional psychological ploy as if its going to make black people vote to support a white nationalist republican bigot. ....
White nationalist will as history has shown do and say anything to try to be covert in displaying their racist motivated intentions. it's easy to see though them like looking through a clear glass window.
Affirmative action is racist. That will never be the solution. What needs to be done is we need to help all people struggling no matter race. Then you are actually solving a problem without creating more hate and bias. If the majority of people who are struggling and need help happen to be black then they will get that help if we help everyone in that situation equally. The only bigot is the one calling people who want everyone treated equally a name.

First, from everything I am given to understand, Black Lives Matter is focused on unjustified police violence against black people. I do not know of anyone who is pro-black men murdering fellow black Americans.

Second, on what basis do you say black lives do not matter to black people? I mean, have you conducted polling to determine how much or how little black citizens care about the deaths of their fellow black citizens inside and outside of their communities? Or are you just making the argument that because black men kill a lot of people, that they cannot complain when police murder other unrelated black people?
Stop making sense. The disingenuous response to Black Lives Matter is “all lives matter,” which of course wins the gold medal in the Deliberately Missing the Point Olympics.

I need to get used to certain styles of posting @.@. Taking things too seriously.
/Like
Got tear gassed before the officer in charge of handling the one i was in took a knee with us. True story.
I ran into officers flinging flash bangs in order to save a stranded infant... not a true story.

But I did help a lady in a wheelchair who was stuck in the gutter as everybody else just drove past. Pissed me off so I had to stop and help.
You haven't proved any of your claims.
I never claimed that I would.

Now, you prove yours.

Stop making sense. The disingenuous response to Black Lives Matter is “all lives matter,” which of course wins the gold medal in the Deliberately Missing the Point Olympics.
Because all lives do matter... talk about missing the point.

Affirmative action is racist. That will never be the solution. What needs to be done is we need to help all people struggling no matter race. Then you are actually solving a problem without creating more hate and bias. If the majority of people who are struggling and need help happen to be black then they will get that help if we help everyone in that situation equally. The only bigot is the one calling people who want everyone treated equally a name.
Great Post.

Now, you prove yours.

I already have.

Because all lives do matter... talk about missing the point.

'All Lives Matter' is a slogan designed to drown out and disempower the BLM movement. Analogous to how if someone was drowning and yelling for help, but ten people showed up and started banging drums and yelling.

I already have.
I guess it was not addressed to me.
'All Lives Matter' is a slogan designed to drown out and disempower the BLM movement. Analogous to how if someone was drowning and yelling for help, but ten people showed up and started banging drums and yelling.
Not analogous at all... what would be analogous would be how if someone was drowning and yelling for help, then ten people who were also drowning but were ignored due to the color of their skin, started banging drums and yelling.

I guess it was not addressed to me.

Not analogous at all... what would be analogous would be how if someone was drowning and yelling for help, then ten people who were also drowning but were ignored due to the color of their skin, started banging drums and yelling.
Watch this. It is funny and explains the problem.

Watch this. It is funny and explains the problem.

Help me with this but when did rednecks start like the cops!!! Freaking gold! LOL

They don't, as a group. If they mattered BLM would be in the communities and addressing the overwhelming statistics that show that black men kill black people far more than police kill black people, that black men make up about 6.5% of the population but commit about 54% of the murders, that black men are 27x more likely to attack white men than the other way around, that black men are about 8x more likely to attack Hispanic men than the other way around, that BLM is about grandstanding, accusations and hypocrisy.

Do you agree or not and why?

Congrats on possibly posting the dumbest poll question of the year and in so doing, further cementing your already stellar reputation for being a bigoted white nationalist.

The left have done something to help the violence in black communities. They are getting rid of the police. That will solve the problem.
You say getting rid of police is going to help the violence in black communities.
Why are people in the black communities saying they need more police patrolling their communities in order to feel safe? Or don't you believe that statistical fact?
Yours was such a ridiculous statement I can't believe you are serious.

As the divorce rate and single parent families have increased in the US the murder and other crime rates have steadily declined. So your connection doesn't work.
Are you referring to divorce rates and single parent families in the black community?
You have evidence that murders and crime rates in those communities have declined?
You have evidentiary proof to back up that statement you wrote?
Or are you simply putting out a wish for ignorant people to grab on to?

First, from everything I am given to understand, Black Lives Matter is focused on unjustified police violence against black people. I do not know of anyone who is pro-black men murdering fellow black Americans.

Second, on what basis do you say black lives do not matter to black people? I mean, have you conducted polling to determine how much or how little black citizens care about the deaths of their fellow black citizens inside and outside of their communities? Or are you just making the argument that because black men kill a lot of people, that they cannot complain when police murder other unrelated black people?
You wrote: "I do not know of anyone who is pro-black men murdering fellow black Americans."
Of course you don't. You're not a gang member in South Chicago wanting to kill members of another gang in order to improve your jurisdiction in your part of town.
To your second point:
Of course black people will complain if a cop causes the death of another black person. The question then becomes, "Was such a death warranted by the police?"
If the policeman is black who did the killing, the local citizens will not board up their stores in anticipation of loot an rioting.
If the policeman was white, then the plywood goes up and people start stocking up on guns for defense and fire prevention.
ALL this has to be determined before Al Sharpton buys a plane ticket and BLM leaders plan their protests and vans without markings are acquired to facilitate looting of high value stores.

And to emphasize a point made before:
BLM leaders can't do a blessed thing about the thousands of black men (and innocent children) killed each year by other black men. So when you hear the protesters shout "Black Lives Matter!!", they are not caring about black gang members killing other gang members because that is not part of their equation.

It seems to me you are making the case that people involved in BLM do not care about black lives if they do not address black violence. That is silly in my opinion.
its been done to death on these forums i dont care to address this accusation for the umpteenth time.
Do BLM leaders care at all about black gang members killing other black gang members by the thousands each yet?
If so, where is the evidence to show they care even a little bit.
It's all about that rare instance where a white cop causes the death of a black person with out without justification.

Congrats on possibly posting the dumbest poll question of the year and in so doing, further cementing your already stellar reputation for being a bigoted white nationalist.
What was dumb about it. I want to learn and I have heard that you are the best. Thank you in advance. Please be detailed.

You say getting rid of police is going to help the violence in black communities.
Why are people in the black communities saying they need more police patrolling their communities in order to feel safe? Or don't you believe that statistical fact?
Yours was such a ridiculous statement I can't believe you are serious.
I think that he just misunderstands what defund the police actually means/entails.

"defunding", such a misleading term, is absolutely part of the answer to addressing crime

when there is a domestic violence problem, someone trained in DV matters can probably de-escalate the circumstance in a way the typical cop and his gun will not
ditto for mental health problems. let's trade in one of those gun jockeys for someone trained in mental health disorders
talk the way out of the dilemma rather than shoot

in short, police departments need to recruit individuals with skill sets other than those displayed within your posts
You wrote: "someone trained in DV matters can probably de-escalate the circumstance in a way the typical cop and his gun will not ditto for mental health problems."
I really hope the guy trained in DV matters is a big, black dude wearing a quality Kevlar vest and is skilled in non-lethal combat.
Some DV situations can lead to lethal outcomes.

I already have.

Just like "defund/dismantle the police"... "Black Lives Matters" is a stupid and inaccurate slogan. Can you admit that?

They don't, as a group. If they mattered BLM would be in the communities and addressing the overwhelming statistics that show that black men kill black people far more than police kill black people, that black men make up about 6.5% of the population but commit about 54% of the murders, that black men are 27x more likely to attack white men than the other way around, that black men are about 8x more likely to attack Hispanic men than the other way around, that BLM is about grandstanding, accusations and hypocrisy.

Do you agree or not and why?

Having lived in both DC and Baltimore, I would say the assumption that BLM doesn't care, or that as a "group" they don't care...is very, very incorrect.

There are plenty who care and try to make changes...but as always, when help is needed...it is denied.

What was dumb about it. I want to learn and I have heard that you are the best. Thank you in advance. Please be detailed.
What was dumb about it was you thinking that you could somehow possibly know more about the issues confronting Black Americans, especially Black American males, seeing as though you appear to be nearly completely capable of possibly even imagining what that would like while living in ignorant bliss on that idyllic white dominated island of yours. As for the 'details'. You're the one who submitted the postulation for this poll question. You're making the claim here, not I. You bear the burden of proof.

Having lived in both DC and Baltimore, I would say the assumption that BLM doesn't care, or that as a "group" they don't care...is very, very incorrect.

There are plenty who care and try to make changes...but as always, when help is needed...it is denied.
I am sure that is true in some cases... on the ground though, seeing activists out there trying to help, to engage with education or police... is almost non-existent. What we see instead is blame, accusations, insults and grandstanding.

What was dumb about it was you thinking that you could somehow possibly know more about the issues confronting Black Americans,
I work with minority youth. I am in and aware of what is happening. So... More about the issues confronting Black Americans than who?
especially Black American males, seeing as though you appear to be nearly completely capable of possibly even imagining what that would like
I saw it every day... literally, while I taught in the USA and I see it everyday, literally, working with Maori youth and gangs here.... You post like a tourist, upset about the unfairness of the world and trying to strike down things that upset your feelings. Shit happens. Life is tough and not fair.
while living in ignorant bliss on that idyllic white dominated island of yours.
I live in a very nice area. Yes.

I would bet that I have been to and in far more dangerous neighborhoods and situations due to work than you have ever imagined, much less been in.
As for the 'details'. You're the one who submitted the postulation for this poll question. You're making the claim here, not I. You bear the burden of proof.
Explain.

People been exploiting black people for generations. Even black people exploit black people. Right now it's BLM's turn. White and black "leadership" have always exploited blacks for their own purpose's. And the problem isn't some racist cops. They're just one small group, but they are a great focus point. Or I should say manipulation point. Nobody really gives a rat's ass about George Floyd. Everyone knows he was a drug addled loser. Problem is, there are lots of George Floyds in the black community.
Somewhere I read that four out of ten black men have "paper" on them. They have some kind of record in the system. Many are in prison, some out on parole, some awaiting trial, and some just have write ups. Lots have arrest histories. And then there are the ones selling and using drugs. Many are absent fathers. Seventy percent of births in the black community are to single mothers. Black females ain't doin' all that well, either. Both black males and females are usually underemployed and underpaid. Black kids go to shitty schools, and can't get to jobs when they do find them. Sounds pretty bad... And it is pretty bad. That is the frustration. Not a few racist cops.
Now let's put that shoe on the other foot. What if all that described the typical white experience, especially the white young man experience? The shit would hit the fan. It would be a national crisis of the first order. Public opinion and public outrage would force politicians to jump on the bandwagon for reform...any kind of reform...even if it didn't accomplish much. Money would be no object. Screw the debt. We have to save our culture. Political heads would roll if something wasn't done.....NOW!!! The issue would dominate every news cycle. 24/7... we'd do anything to make the schools better, even school choice, dare I say it. Police and court reform would be a given. And lots of "programs" to keep "troubled" kids from ending up in prison. And got to do something about that single mother birth rate.
But it's not white kids, it's 'those people". God knows we've tried. But have we? Have we really tried? I know we've poured tons of money on the problem. What I'm suggesting is it's a people problem as much as a money problem. Do we have enough great people working in the black community setting good examples? Do we have any economic development in the black community? Is anyone willing to actually live in the black community if they don't have to? What we have going on here is the racism of low expectation and a lack of commitment by people outside the ghetto to get involved. It's not enough to sit back and write another check. If you really want to help, a black church is a good place to start. You will be welcomed.

/Like

I ran into officers flinging flash bangs in order to save a stranded infant... not a true story.

But I did help a lady in a wheelchair who was stuck in the gutter as everybody else just drove past. Pissed me off so I had to stop and help.

Now, you prove yours.
Non sarcastic cool story bro ;). Good on ya.

Back
Top Bottom