• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black lives do matter!

I had to take a pause and leave the forum for a little bit. I was taken a back at all the racist and disrespectful comments towards our black brothers and sisters. This coming from both liberals and conservatives alike hearing about how blacks need to change their ways, how black children got what was coming to them (reference to Trayvon Martin being shot), how Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization, and other nonsensical hate speech.

You people need to understand this simple concept: all lives do not matter equally when black lives are treated less than white lives. It is a simple rudimentary standard for most blacks. Stop chanting all live matter when this is not the reality we live in. Stop chanting this garbage when you support the status quo and keeping blacks away from prosperity. Many white people have their head in the sand regarding police brutality, particularly regarding police brutality against blacks. This again, is a fact. The police target blacks and are likely to use force against blacks compared to any other race in America. This is a fact. Non-disputable, like saying water is wet. Compared to BLM, the police force are the terrorists.

I have great respect for Rudy Giuliani and his work as mayor. He did a lot of great things in cleaning up New York however his statements are inherently ignorant and racist.

All Lives DO matter including Black Lives. If you're emotionally incapable of listening to and responding to opposing view points and opinions then you should probably make that " pause " permanent.

I had to take a pause and leave the forum for a little bit. I was taken a back at all the racist and disrespectful comments towards our black brothers and sisters. This coming from both liberals and conservatives alike hearing about how blacks need to change their ways, how black children got what was coming to them (reference to Trayvon Martin being shot), how Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization, and other nonsensical hate speech.

You people need to understand this simple concept: all lives do not matter equally when black lives are treated less than white lives. It is a simple rudimentary standard for most blacks. Stop chanting all live matter when this is not the reality we live in. Stop chanting this garbage when you support the status quo and keeping blacks away from prosperity. Many white people have their head in the sand regarding police brutality, particularly regarding police brutality against blacks. This again, is a fact. The police target blacks and are likely to use force against blacks compared to any other race in America. This is a fact. Non-disputable, like saying water is wet. Compared to BLM, the police force are the terrorists.

I have great respect for Rudy Giuliani and his work as mayor. He did a lot of great things in cleaning up New York however his statements are inherently ignorant and racist.

All lives matter.

Clearly you are very upset about the All Lives Matter appeal. Do you realize that when someone like myself believes that all lives matter that I'm not saying that black lives don't matter? Do you realize that when I say all lives matter, I'm not saying that there is never a situation where all blacks are treated unequally under the law? Do you realize that when I say all lives matter, I'm not saying that there aren't racists still walking the earth today? I hope that you hear my words, because I do agree with you 100% that black lives matter. But as a human being and a humanitarian I know in my heart that a black life is not more important than a white life and a white life is not more important than a black life. To make the statement Black Lives Matter, aren't we in actuality failing to do the very thing we need to do to make Blacks and Whites equal? Aren't we segregating them by having to put them into a class all their own? Because the truth is, their life, my life, your life they all matter. If we move past the separate labels and move towards the issues that make black people feel discriminated against still today in this ever changing world, then we can truly fix the problems. But I do promise you that no matter how we spin it, the problems exist on both sides. And for a change to truly happen - both sides have to realize and accept this and want to make changes. Simply fixing the few in an otherwise good police department will not stop what is happening with regards to our young black men in America.

Sometime there just aren't enough "Likes" :applaud:agree:yt:clap::thanks:

ALL Lives Matter

What we need around here is more "post turtles."

Post turtle
An old rancher is talking about politics with a young man from the city. He compares a politician to a "post turtle". The young man doesn't understand and asks him what a post turtle is.

The old man says, "When you're driving down a country road and you see a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle. You know he didn't get up there by himself. He doesn't belong there; he can't get anything done while he's up there; and you just want to help the poor, dumb thing down."

For the most part I agree with you. It's not a popular opinion though, especially around here. Maybe they just don't interact with too many minorities because often some think they know it all when they don't know ****.

Most of the liberals on this forum are in reality, bourgeois liberals. Sure, they will talk about supporting social change, maybe even have a bumper sticker but the majority of them aren't willing to get their hands dirty or actually do anything that will lead to any substantial change. Sure they'll write a check to a charity but anything that would actually inconvenience their lives or cause them to stick their neck out is not worth their time or effort,

All talk no action.

It amazes me how many people live in such a glass bubble. These BLM protests are a GOOD THING! The same people that believe these protesters are anarchists/terrorists or believe they should just get a job probably had parents who said the same thing during the civil rights protests in the 60's and 70's. "Mommy, why is the fireman spraying those black people with a hose?" "Well, honey because they are on fire."

All lives matter.

BLM only to racist.

#AllLivesMatter

Such a selfish and ignorant statement.

It would be the equivalent to going to a cancer walk and saying to recovering cancer patients, "hey why are you discriminating against people without cancer." "My life matters just as much as your life!"

BLM has nothing to do with discriminating against other races. It has everything to do with changing our broken, racists, corrupt, out of control police force which often times looks more like an occupying force.

this is the primary point of contention. do you have any statistical proof that this is the case?
can you argue validly that any of the cases that were heard in court about shootings of blacks that where deemed justified , were in fact not, and for what reason?

if not, then what leg do you have to stand on other than sensationalism?

Racism still exists and is still highly prevalent in our society. Do you think they are protesting just for giggles?

Most of the liberals on this forum are in reality, bourgeois liberals. Sure, they will talk about supporting social change, maybe even have a bumper sticker but the majority of them aren't willing to get their hands dirty or actually do anything that will lead to any substantial change. Sure they'll write a check to a charity but anything that would actually inconvenience their lives or cause them to stick their neck out is not worth their time or effort,

All talk no action.

It amazes me how many people live in such a glass bubble. These BLM protests are a GOOD THING! The same people that believe these protesters are anarchists/terrorists or believe they should just get a job probably had parents who said the same thing during the civil rights protests in the 60's and 70's. "Mommy, why is the fireman spraying those black people with a hose?" "Well, honey because they are on fire."

Yes, ignoring the responsibility of the people being stopped by officers for bringing their own demise through aggressively STUPID behavior and instead blaming honest police officers is truly... USEFUL.

Such a selfish and ignorant statement.

It would be the equivalent to going to a cancer walk and saying to recovering cancer patients, "hey why are you discriminating against people without cancer." "My life matters just as much as your life!"

BLM has nothing to do with discriminating against other races. It has everything to do with changing our broken, racists, corrupt, out of control police force which often times looks more like an occupying force.

BLM is no different then the KKK

Um...yeah, it is different. :roll:

All lives will matter when Black lives matter to the police.

Tell me Renae, when have white people ever been discriminated against in this country?

After coming up with a list, compare that how blacks have been discriminated against in this country.

I am looking forward to reading your list of the injustice and bigotry against caucasians.

Tell me Renae, when have white people ever been discriminated against in this country?

After coming up with a list, compare that how blacks have been discriminated against in this country.

I am looking forward to reading your list of the injustice and bigotry against caucasians.

I'm a woman . . . do you really want that list?

I have four mixed race children . . . do you really want that list?

I'm actually in support of BLM to a degree - but foremost I support honesty and reality. One reality is that everyone, regardless of race or gender, can encounter racism or sexism. I believe you can (general you) support the core fundamentals of things such as BLM without clinging to lies and false preachy melodrama in an effort to make a point that much more dramatic.

The idea that all white people have an easy life in this country is total and utter bull - so is this concept that all blacks have struggled with inner city crime crap and thus all are being treated unfairly and unjustly in life or that (as some might argue) are to blame for such problems.

At the moment - very few people are really wanting to address this entire topic of race-issues in America with fairness and honesty. Most still seem to be knee-jerk to one extreme or another which just turns it into divisive trouble. that divisiveness is what pushes people away rather than bringing them in for open-minded discussions and new realities.

Never. :roll:

tumblr_nbx6nut0gZ1tjjmzro1_1280.jpg

women-suffrage-equality-for-women1.jpg

You say that yet you do not believe that though.

Thank you for using your amazing powers of telepathy to tell everyone what they really think. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom