• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black lives do matter!

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I had to take a pause and leave the forum for a little bit. I was taken a back at all the racist and disrespectful comments towards our black brothers and sisters. This coming from both liberals and conservatives alike hearing about how blacks need to change their ways, how black children got what was coming to them (reference to Trayvon Martin being shot), how Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization, and other nonsensical hate speech.

You people need to understand this simple concept: all lives do not matter equally when black lives are treated less than white lives. It is a simple rudimentary standard for most blacks. Stop chanting all live matter when this is not the reality we live in. Stop chanting this garbage when you support the status quo and keeping blacks away from prosperity. Many white people have their head in the sand regarding police brutality, particularly regarding police brutality against blacks. This again, is a fact. The police target blacks and are likely to use force against blacks compared to any other race in America. This is a fact. Non-disputable, like saying water is wet. Compared to BLM, the police force are the terrorists.

I have great respect for Rudy Giuliani and his work as mayor. He did a lot of great things in cleaning up New York however his statements are inherently ignorant and racist.

I had to take a pause and leave the forum for a little bit. I was taken a back at all the racist and disrespectful comments towards our black brothers and sisters. This coming from both liberals and conservatives alike hearing about how blacks need to change their ways, how black children got what was coming to them (reference to Trayvon Martin being shot), how Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization, and other nonsensical hate speech.

You people need to understand this simple concept: all lives do not matter equally when black lives are treated less than white lives. It is a simple rudimentary standard for most blacks. Stop chanting all live matter when this is not the reality we live in. Stop chanting this garbage when you support the status quo and keeping blacks away from prosperity. Many white people have their head in the sand regarding police brutality, particularly regarding police brutality against blacks. This again, is a fact. The police target blacks and are likely to use force against blacks compared to any other race in America. This is a fact. Non-disputable, like saying water is wet. Compared to BLM, the police force are the terrorists.

I have great respect for Rudy Giuliani and his work as mayor. He did a lot of great things in cleaning up New York however his statements are inherently ignorant and racist.

All lives matter

#AllLivesMatter

I think you need a longer break.

Barring the police being terrorist comments, I agree.

When it comes to race issues, this forum turns into a horde of naive reactionaries with their fingers in their ears.

I'm sorry...but the facts prove otherwise.

Chicago 2016
Black 263
Hispanic 60
White/Other 17

Over the July 4th weekend over 80 people were shot, beaten, or stabbed in Chicago alone. You hear much about that?

On 2014...of the 604 dead,
78% Were black assailants.
72% Were black victims.

Black lives DO NOT MATTER...certainly not to black people. Just the ones they can exploit.

For the most part I agree with you. It's not a popular opinion though, especially around here. Maybe they just don't interact with too many minorities because often some think they know it all when they don't know ****.

You people need to understand this simple concept: all lives do not matter equally when black lives are treated less than white lives. It is a simple rudimentary standard for most blacks.

this is the primary point of contention. do you have any statistical proof that this is the case?
can you argue validly that any of the cases that were heard in court about shootings of blacks that where deemed justified , were in fact not, and for what reason?

if not, then what leg do you have to stand on other than sensationalism?

Clearly you are very upset about the All Lives Matter appeal. Do you realize that when someone like myself believes that all lives matter that I'm not saying that black lives don't matter? Do you realize that when I say all lives matter, I'm not saying that there is never a situation where all blacks are treated unequally under the law? Do you realize that when I say all lives matter, I'm not saying that there aren't racists still walking the earth today? I hope that you hear my words, because I do agree with you 100% that black lives matter. But as a human being and a humanitarian I know in my heart that a black life is not more important than a white life and a white life is not more important than a black life. To make the statement Black Lives Matter, aren't we in actuality failing to do the very thing we need to do to make Blacks and Whites equal? Aren't we segregating them by having to put them into a class all their own? Because the truth is, their life, my life, your life they all matter. If we move past the separate labels and move towards the issues that make black people feel discriminated against still today in this ever changing world, then we can truly fix the problems. But I do promise you that no matter how we spin it, the problems exist on both sides. And for a change to truly happen - both sides have to realize and accept this and want to make changes. Simply fixing the few in an otherwise good police department will not stop what is happening with regards to our young black men in America.

For the most part I agree with you. It's not a popular opinion though, especially around here. Maybe they just don't interact with too many minorities because often some think they know it all when they don't know ****.

Yeah, but it's Bucky, so he's probably not even serious about any of this.

Clearly you are very upset about the All Lives Matter appeal. Do you realize that when someone like myself believes that all lives matter that I'm not saying that black lives don't matter? Do you realize that when I say all lives matter, I'm not saying that there is never a situation where all blacks are treated unequally under the law? Do you realize that when I say all lives matter, I'm not saying that there aren't racists still walking the earth today? I hope that you hear my words, because I do agree with you 100% that black lives matter. But as a human being and a humanitarian I know in my heart that a black life is not more important than a white life and a white life is not more important than a black life. To make the statement Black Lives Matter, aren't we in actuality failing to do the very thing we need to do to make Blacks and Whites equal? Aren't we segregating them by having to put them into a class all their own? Because the truth is, their life, my life, your life they all matter. If we move past the separate labels and move towards the issues that make black people feel discriminated against still today in this ever changing world, then we can truly fix the problems. But I do promise you that no matter how we spin it, the problems exist on both sides. And for a change to truly happen - both sides have to realize and accept this and want to make changes. Simply fixing the few in an otherwise good police department will not stop what is happening with regards to our young black men in America.

Very well said.

Or maybe we just chose to treaty minorities by the content of thier character. It's amazing how much you don't see racism when you stop acting like a racist.

So how many people are going to get shot tonight on the "Day of rage"?

Or maybe we just chose to treaty minorities by the content of thier character. It's amazing how much you don't see racism when you stop acting like a racist.

Co-operate with cops instead of assaulting them and then we'll see how much racism there really is.

Too bad blacks don't think so . :roll:

I'm sorry...but the facts prove otherwise.

Chicago 2016
Black 263
Hispanic 60
White/Other 17

Over the July 4th weekend over 80 people were shot, beaten, or stabbed in Chicago alone. You hear much about that?

On 2014...of the 604 dead,
78% Were black assailants.
72% Were black victims.

Black lives DO NOT MATTER...certainly not to black people. Just the ones they can exploit.

I was going to say something similar.

Barring the police being terrorist comments, I agree.

When it comes to race issues, this forum turns into a horde of naive reactionaries with their fingers in their ears.

What we need around here is more "post turtles."

Back
Top Bottom