• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black kids allegedly declare 'Beat Whitey Night' at fair(edited)

Is this the racial tolerance that hope and change was supposedly about?

Why is it that blacks all over the nation seem to cause 75% of all the violent crimes??? Where are the parents for these kids? And yes... where IS the National news for this? Are they afraid of this type of thing catching on?
If society cant handle a fair then there should be NO fairs. And THIS is where the police DO need to take out their nightsticks and beat the ever livin' **** out of these little SOB's. This SICKENS me.

If black teens are wanting to beat up whitey. I don't blame them. If they watch any news at all they would think half the population or at least all the tea party people, republicans and conservatives are a bunch of racist white people. Why wouldn't they want to beat us up?

What? Why is this okay with people? if a black person does this it's labeled as some kind of social justice thing but if we show up with guns to a border crossing the ACLU calls us violent racists? Look in the mirror. Makes me sick. I dare them to try that crap where I'm from. Ill be sleeping with ALL of my guns loaded tonight thank you.

making a public issue of every bigoted occurrence would do nothing but stoke the fires more.. the flames of racism will never die if we sensationalize every asshole who acts that way. Everyone knows it occurs, and is not a one way street, shining a spotlight on hatred breeds more hatred.

Last edited:
making a public issue of every bigoted occurrence would do nothing but stoke the fires more.. the flames of racism will never die if we sensationalize every asshole who acts that way. Everyone knows it occurs, and is not a one way street, shining a spotlight on hatred breeds more hatred.

Exactly, but that doesn't stop the main stream media from playing the race card every chance they get. Even when it has nothing to do with race. You can't disagree with the president or your a racist. If you go to tea parties you must be a racist because there are so few blacks there. If a black guy gets beat up by a white guy,the media will call it a hate crime.
Don't they ever consider, we may not like Obamas policies.
Don't they ever stop to think, Oh, most blacks vote for Democrates. Why would they be at a tea party?
Don't they ever stop to think maybe the white guy beat the black guy up because one or both of them were just jerks?
If black kids start going around beating up white kids just because they are white, I think you can blame a lot of it on our media. They bring race into everything if it suits their agenda to demonize republicans/conservatives. They need to keep the black vote for the Dems/liberals.

Exactly, but that doesn't stop the main stream media from playing the race card every chance they get. Even when it has nothing to do with race. You can't disagree with the president or your a racist. If you go to tea parties you must be a racist because there are so few blacks there. If a black guy gets beat up by a white guy,the media will call it a hate crime.
Don't they ever consider, we may not like Obamas policies.
Don't they ever stop to think, Oh, most blacks vote for Democrates. Why would they be at a tea party?
Don't they ever stop to think maybe the white guy beat the black guy up because one or both of them were just jerks?
If black kids start going around beating up white kids just because they are white, I think you can blame a lot of it on our media. They bring race into everything if it suits their agenda to demonize republicans/conservatives. They need to keep the black vote for the Dems/liberals.

Wow. You did notice I mentioned it was not a one way street right? I think someone forgot to look both ways before posting (or perhaps more aptly sprinting into the street on a tangential rant?).

Last edited:
Well, equally interesting in this, and certainly obvious in the responses to this thread so far, is the assumption of a racial motivation. A bunch of out-of-hand teenagers start a load of trouble at a state fair. The police become involved and chops get busted, but because the teenagers are black their violence must be racially motivated. There's no proof of this, just one anonymous person reporting that they heard the chant, "It's Beat Whitey Night". Even the police don't know whether there was any racial motivation, yet we've got half-a-dozen DP posters assuming it was racially motivated.

That says a lot, right there.

I think it deserves review... which leads me to this...

Well, equally interesting in this, and certainly obvious in the responses to this thread so far, is the assumption of a racial motivation. A bunch of out-of-hand teenagers start a load of trouble at a state fair. The police become involved and chops get busted, but because the teenagers are black their violence must be racially motivated. There's no proof of this, just one anonymous person reporting that they heard the chant, "It's Beat Whitey Night". Even the police don't know whether there was any racial motivation, yet we've got half-a-dozen DP posters assuming it was racially motivated.

That says a lot, right there.

This is why it needs media attention. It is the media responsibility not to inflame, but to report, and investigate. Assuming that it was racially motivated, why and how did organize? And what does it say to the community? And how can it be prevented in the future. Assuming it wasn't racial, why did they say it was, and why still did 40 black youths go on a rampage?

The media needs to look into this. Frankly though, I must admit, even as a left of left NYC "elitist" if this was a group of white teens, and there was even a "hint" of racism, it'd be all over the news.

I think it deserves review... which leads me to this...

This is why it needs media attention. It is the media responsibility not to inflame, but to report, and investigate. Assuming that it was racially motivated, why and how did organize? And what does it say to the community? And how can it be prevented in the future. Assuming it wasn't racial, why did they say it was, and why still did 40 black youths go on a rampage?

The media needs to look into this. Frankly though, I must admit, even as a left of left NYC "elitist" if this was a group of white teens, and there was even a "hint" of racism, it'd be all over the news.

It is the police who have the responsibility to investigate, not the media, and then after that it is up to the courts and a jury of peers to decide guilt. Until then it is an alleged incident that does not warrant media attention.

It is the police who have the responsibility to investigate, not the media, and then after that it is up to the courts and a jury of peers to decide guilt. Until then it is an alleged incident that does not warrant media attention.

I agree that police are maintained to prevent, arrest and investigate crimes, however I believe that ethical media reporting involves investigation. And allegations are important in the public eye. 40 youths when on a rampage, aren't you curious as to the causes? And how better to prevent it?

That depends where it took place. A bunch of 40 pissed-up kids starting a fight at a fair must happen in every country in the World at least one night in ten. Why does it suddenly become national news, even if the IS a racial dimension? Teenage boys with too much testosterone + alcohol/drugs + lots of other people often leads to minor civil disturbance/trouble. That's what football violence is all about. I note that the article didn't mention any injuries or hospitalisations. This was a bit of local argy-bargy with the police taking the strain. Is THAT national news?

I agree that police are maintained to prevent, arrest and investigate crimes, however I believe that ethical media reporting involves investigation. And allegations are important in the public eye. 40 youths when on a rampage, aren't you curious as to the causes? And how better to prevent it?

nope not overly curious, it is a local incident, and it is not even close my neighborhood (even if it were my town t does not warrant attention) .. I think media attention and the inevitable sensationalism and subsequent prejudging and demonetization by publicizing the issue are potentially far more damaging than the incident itself.

Wow. You did notice I mentioned it was not a one way street right? I think someone forgot to look both ways before posting (or perhaps more aptly sprinting into the street on a tangential rant?).

Sorry, I agree with you. My rant was not meant to be at you. It was just a rant that I thought you might agree with. Guess not..

I think all races, especially the young ones, are proned to stupdity. But to point out the disproportionate violent tendancies, amongst a plethora of other negative statistics of the American black communities, will only get you branded as a racist, if you point them out. That's something "polite" people are not supposed to talk about.

Since I'm a polite person..... I will leave it there.

thats_racist.gif

Last edited:
God I hate when people take a small story and turn it into some overwhelming proof of victimhood and a sign of some huge conspiracy amongst the media or as absolute proof that Political correctness rules the world.

Maybe its just NOT A NEW STORY. Maybe its just a bunch of stupid kids looking for an excuse to get into trouble, and they happen to find it. Maybe its not national news because THOUSANDS of crimes take place every year in the US with some kind of racial factor, do you hear about all of them? Of course not, because its NOT national news.

So please, please, please, please, please, stop all this whining, bitching, moaning, and victimhood. Step back, look at the facts, actually consider WHY this might not be national news. Perhaps it has NO national context, and the only reason you want it to be national news is because... you think people don't realize there may be black racists out there? I dunno...

This story, and hundreds like it, are played nightly from coast-to-coast on the local news stations. Chaos down on MLK Blvd. Americans are desensitized.

It's got to where, when they report a violent crime, most folks just immediately assume it's a black guy. And, sad to say, they are right more than they were wrong.

Just sayin'.....

Racial debate, not my thing.

If black teens are wanting to beat up whitey. I don't blame them. If they watch any news at all they would think half the population or at least all the tea party people, republicans and conservatives are a bunch of racist white people. Why wouldn't they want to beat us up?

Your rationalization for racial violence is absolutely pathetic.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom