• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Group Forms To Protect Statues

They will probably be called uncle Tom's or have their blackness question the way Obama did from some black community leaders.

It's nice to see someone admit that a statue can be an educational tool. That we can learn something, overcome adversity, and grow.

Mostly Black Dallas Group Forms To Protect Confederate Monuments « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

I am all for confederate statues being moved off of state grounds and removal of being maintained by government funds (state of federal) assuming there is a consensus by voters or their representatives they vote into office. The scene where protesters tore down the statues is appaling and those that did it should be charged with vandalism.

Should we have kept the Nazi and Stalinist statues/symbols standing, too? You know, as 'educational tools?'

Not sure what US cities would of built Nazi statutes or Stalin statues nor exactly when those cities tore them down. What US cities did build them?

Not sure what US cities would of built Nazi statutes or Stalin statues nor exactly when those cities tore them down. What US cities did build them?

When I said 'we' I meant the world in general. Should the Allies and Germans kept the Nazi statues standing? Should the Ukrainians have kept the Stalin/Lenin statues standing?

Should we have kept the Nazi and Stalinist statues/symbols standing, too? You know, as 'educational tools?'

I'm not aware of "Nazi and Stalin" statues being erected anywhere. But let's say there were. So what? This woman, Sandra Crenshaw, isn't frightened by Robert E. Lee, why are you?

When I said 'we' I meant the world in general. Should the Allies and Germans kept the Nazi statues standing? Should the Ukrainians have kept the Stalin/Lenin statues standing?

The US should of stayed out of it and allowed the people to decide for themselves what stays or goes. Just as states should be allowed to keep memorials they choose.

0 to Godwin in 4 posts. Details don't matter when you're righteously pissed off, do they?

I'm not aware of "Nazi and Stalin" statues being erected anywhere.

Never heard of denazification?

Also... Stalin statue removal:

stalin_1666033c.jpg

I mean, seriously. Look this stuff up before you expose your ignorance of history.

But let's say there were. So what? This woman, Sandra Crenshaw, isn't frightened by Robert E. Lee, why are you?

Who said anything about being 'frightened?' The statue of a traitor does not belong on public grounds. It is as inappropriate as a government building flying the Confederate Flag.

I'm not aware of "Nazi and Stalin" statues being erected anywhere. But let's say there were. So what? This woman, Sandra Crenshaw, isn't frightened by Robert E. Lee, why are you?

No one's 'frightened' of any statue of Lee. Unlike you, however, most people don't try and rationalize honoring treason and traitors.

It's quite a simple matter.

Why would "we" have any say in either of those things? Doesn't Russia still have such statues? What are you going to do about that?

Obama was more of an Aunt Tom.

They will probably be called uncle Tom's or have their blackness question the way Obama did from some black community leaders.

0 to Godwin in 4 posts. Details don't matter when you're righteously pissed off, do they?

But I also referred to far leftist monuments, so it evens out, right? Please tell me why the statue of a traitor who fought for the slave system should remain standing on public grounds.

Never heard of denazification?

Also... Stalin statue removal:

View attachment 67221363

I mean, seriously. Look this stuff up before you expose your ignorance of history.

Who said anything about being 'frightened?' The statue of a traitor does not belong on public grounds. It is as inappropriate as a government building flying the Confederate Flag.

ROTFLMAO

In the US?

Where??

No, that's not an example of Godwin's Law.

Oh stuff your tender sensibilities. It is part of our history and Confederate soldiers were not the same thing as Nazis.

On the other hand, maybe I should just be happy that in this one area, lefties laud the Stars and Stripes rather than seeing it as a symbol of hate itself and all that's wrong with the world.

Why would "we" have any say in either of those things?

We had a say in the Nazi monuments as their removal was part of an Allied directive. Should we have left them standing?

Doesn't Russia still have such statues? What are you going to do about that?

Yes, as far as I know, Russia still has some of those statues. I know Ukraine has removed at least some of those statues. Are they 'spitting on history?'

Errrr...you mean like this?

auschwitz-entrance-P.jpg

ROTFLMAO

In the US?

Where??

I didn't say they were erected in the US. Please keep up, here. Many monuments/statues/memorials were erected to awful powers. Many have been removed. Should they not have been removed? Should the Germans have kept their Swastikas prominently displayed? Should the Ukrainians have kept up statues of a tyrant who murdered their people?

Oh stuff your tender sensibilities. It is part of our history and Confederate soldiers were not the same thing as Nazis.

I'm really not sure what you're babbling about. "Tender sensibilities"? I merely observed that you incorrectly referenced Godwin's Law. Do you need to have it explained to you?
On the other hand, maybe I should just be happy that in this one area, lefties laud the Stars and Stripes rather than seeing it as a symbol of hate itself and all that's wrong with the world.

Perhaps you should actually just address the content of the post you're replying to, and and refrain from nonsense like that ^^^

Just a friendly suggestion.

We should have Italy tear down all the Roman ruins that depicts the various emperors because of the tyranny they represented. I bet ya'll were also cheering when ISIS was destroying Palmyra because they were just representations of colonial oppression. Also, I'd like to start a formal petition to have the Genghis Grills - Mongolian BBQ either closed down for forced to change their names.

But I also referred to far leftist monuments, so it evens out, right? Please tell me why the statue of a traitor who fought for the slave system should remain standing on public grounds.

People fought on opposing sides in a developing nation but I get that you're so much better than anyone who lived during that time, so, by all means, let us know which vestiges of our past are acceptable and which aren't. I assume you think the Lincoln monument should go since Lincoln didn't pursue those evil war criminals to their extinction, and even had sympathy and friends among them.

We should have Italy tear down all the Roman ruins that depicts the various emperors because of the tyranny they represented.

I'm not familiar of any Nero or Caligula statues prominently displayed in front of Italian courthouses.

Do you think the Allies were wrong in removing Nazi monuments?

Back
Top Bottom