• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Friday

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Does anyone here expect to stand in any lines for “Door-Buster” deals?

not a ****ing chance. getting up at like three in the morning to push people around on the day after Thanksgiving sounds like a nightmare.

I never stand in line and do any of the "door buster" deals, but I usually go shopping on Thanksgiving night. I don't go crazy, but I always hit Target, Walmart, Old Navy, Michael's, and maybe one or two other stores here where I live. I'm not one of these "stay out all night" people, nor do I push old ladies down the stairs for a $300 flat screen. I usually am finished Christmas shopping before Black Friday anyway, so all I do is just go in and snag stuff that is on sale, that most people don't look for for as gifts. Sheets are one - I usually buy lots of sheet sets on Thanksgiving night. Don't know why they are on sale, but they usually are, and I stock up on them.

I never stand in line and do any of the "door buster" deals, but I usually go shopping on Thanksgiving night. I don't go crazy, but I always hit Target, Walmart, Old Navy, Michael's, and maybe one or two other stores here where I live. I'm not one of these "stay out all night" people, nor do I push old ladies down the stairs for a $300 flat screen. I usually am finished Christmas shopping before Black Friday anyway, so all I do is just go in and snag stuff that is on sale, that most people don't look for for as gifts. Sheets are one - I usually buy lots of sheet sets on Thanksgiving night. Don't know why they are on sale, but they usually are, and I stock up on them.

OOH, Baby.....

Nope, I have a laptop and an internet connection and I know how to use them.

Everything is online anymore. In theory I think retailers should shut down their websites for a day and make people go to the store of that website for example jcpenny

Everything is online anymore. In theory I think retailers should shut down their websites for a day and make people go to the store of that website for example jcpenny

I don’t get how JC Penney pays the utilities anymore....

Nope. I'm doing more and more of my Christmas shopping online these days. I might go out on Black Friday to buy a few things, but nothing that's worth standing in a line for.

Back
Top Bottom