• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Conservatives

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Do you agree or disagree that this image is an accurate depiction of racial politics in America?

Black Conservative Water Fountain_thumb[1].jpg

Nope. Then again, I'm talking about conservatives, not the neo-conservatives that infest the modern day Republican Party. The two are not the same.

Do you agree or disagree that this image is an accurate depiction of racial politics in America?

View attachment 67153028

The picture indicates black people have separate water fountains still, one for most black people and one for black conservatives.

A truly poor cartoon

It does seem that black conservatives are treated very similarly to communists in the US. Shunned by the general population for their political beliefs

Nope. Then again, I'm talking about conservatives, not the neo-conservatives that infest the modern day Republican Party. The two are not the same.

The fringe of the extreme radical left don't want the Democrat base to know that.

The picture indicates black people have separate water fountains still, one for most black people and one for black conservatives.

A truly poor cartoon

It does seem that black conservatives are treated very similarly to communists in the US. Shunned by the general population for their political beliefs

>" "liberalism," unlike classical liberalism, is intolerant of opposing viewpoints, favors the promotion of group-think, and interprets as treason any deviation from its own intellectual orthodoxy. We see this phenomenon manifested with particular clarity by self-identified black "liberals" who excoriate black conservatives as “race traitors,” “house slaves,” “Oreos,” and “Uncle Toms.” "<

View attachment 67153028

totally disagree

i think its like everything else

you have your PEOPLE no matter what they are then you have your LOONS

would it be fair to judge all conservatives based on palin, rush, bachmann, beck? no of course not and the people that do are PART of the problem

i know black conservatives that are normal as can be i dont judge them based on people like cain and west

View attachment 67153028

No, not exactly. I do think it's true that black conservatives sometimes get their race thrown at them by some of the very same people who are supposedly so racially sensitive. It seems like some of the very same liberals (not all by any means) that will see "dog whistle" racism in the most innocuous terms will openly engage in insulting someone on the basis of their race if that person is also conservative.

No, not exactly. I do think it's true that black conservatives sometimes get their race thrown at them by some of the very same people who are supposedly so racially sensitive. It seems like some of the very same liberals (not all by any means) that will see "dog whistle" racism in the most innocuous terms will openly engage in insulting someone on the basis of their race if that person is also conservative.

Every time a conservative black man seeks a powerful position in the federal government the liberals drag out some bimbo to bring him down. Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain both had to go through hell thanks to liberals who claim conservatives are racists.

Last edited:
well, the treatment i see the left giving black conservatives lines up with this cartoon pretty well.... as well as a cartoon can represent the issue anyways.

I think we have to be careful about generalizations. You know that saying, "Empty wagons rattle the loudest"? Well, I think we're just more likely to hear the loudest voices and then tend to think that's representative of the entire group. I have seen plenty of liberals condemn the use of race based insults regardless of who says them.

I think we have to be careful about generalizations. You know that saying, "Empty wagons rattle the loudest"? Well, I think we're just more likely to hear the loudest voices and then tend to think that's representative of the entire group. I have seen plenty of liberals condemn the use of race based insults regardless of who says them.

well, sure, but it gets a lil tiring having to issue a disclaimer that you mean "some" or "most" but "not all".... I think the adults understand that already.
If they don't get it, they are free to twist their panties as much as their heart desires while they wait for a clarification.

This is one of those "conservative" memes that is just silly.

The idea that liberals treat prominent black conservatives any differently than they do prominent white conservatives is bunk. At issue with people like Cain and Carson is their political ideology. What you are saying is that liberals suddenly become racists when the black person in question is conservative. You must see how that makes absolutely no sense.

On the other hand, white conservatives sure do spend a lot of time crowing about how much they love their black conservatives. What they do not do is actually cast votes for them. See how tht differs?

View attachment 67153028

Don't worry about it. When I was young Blacks weren't allowed to eat, ****, drink, mix socially or anything else in white zones. Now about 93% of them vote Democrat. I wonder if John Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson passing legislation allowing them to vote and get a job had anything to do with that......NOT

totally disagree

i think its like everything else

you have your PEOPLE no matter what they are then you have your LOONS

would it be fair to judge all conservatives based on palin, rush, bachmann, beck? no of course not and the people that do are PART of the problem

i know black conservatives that are normal as can be i dont judge them based on people like cain and west
It just seems that black conservatives are allways being told how they are not really black or they are uncle toms or house n. Go look at what is treated at denean barelli and tell me that's not true.

It just seems that black conservatives are allways being told how they are not really black or they are uncle toms or house n. Go look at what is treated at denean barelli and tell me that's not true.

LOL...either way 93% of Blacks vote Democrat. That proves they are smarter than Herman Cain.....course most people are.

LOL...either way 93% of Blacks vote Democrat. That proves they are smarter than Herman Cain.....course most people are.

See that right there is the problem viewing black conservatives as inferior! That's exactly what the cartoon was addressing.

Every time a conservative black man seeks a powerful position in the federal government the liberals drag out some bimbo to bring him down. Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain both had to go through hell thanks to liberals who claim conservatives are racists.

Please do not act like the "bimbo" factor is a lib against black man thing. Puhleeeeeese.

FInd the "bimbo" seem to be the Holy Grail of both parties.

blacks have the right to be conservative in my opinion

but no need to be like white cons

Last edited:

A truly poor cartoon

I don't see that at all. There are some really good black conseratives in office right now. The only guy I would shun is Allen West and thank goodness he was not re-elected.

This is one of those "conservative" memes that is just silly.

The idea that liberals treat prominent black conservatives any differently than they do prominent white conservatives is bunk. At issue with people like Cain and Carson is their political ideology. What you are saying is that liberals suddenly become racists when the black person in question is conservative. You must see how that makes absolutely no sense.

On the other hand, white conservatives sure do spend a lot of time crowing about how much they love their black conservatives. What they do not do is actually cast votes for them. See how tht differs?
Go look at the twitter messages sent to black conservatives and then tell me it's just a meme!

Why Clarence Thomas is held to a higher standard than any other Justice who would sell his soul the corporations is beyond me. But, it's true. Thomas is not afforded the same leeway to be a crooked judge in the pocket of the monied classes as is Scalia, Roberts or Alito.

Go look at the twitter messages sent to black conservatives and then tell me it's just a meme!

That would prove nothing. This is a silly case of faulty logic. If the liberals that you are speaking of would support a white conservative but not a black one, you would have a point. But.....that is not the case. and....liberals have proven a willingness to elect black politicians. The only possible reason that you can point to for liberals not supporting Cain or West or Carson......is their politics.

Lets stop this silliness. At least here in this forum. What do you say?

That would prove nothing. This is a silly case of faulty logic. If the liberals that you are speaking of would support a white conservative but not a black one, you would have a point. But.....that is not the case. and....liberals have proven a willingness to elect black politicians. The only possible reason that you can point to for liberals not supporting Cain or West or Carson......is their politics.

Lets stop this silliness. At least here in this forum. What do you say?

No the wouldn't support a white conservative but the don't say a white conservative is betraying their race or isn't really a member of that rave because of their political views. Look at Robert Griffin he has conservative and Christian views plus doesn't act like a thug so he was labeled a "cornball brother".

No the wouldn't support a white conservative but the don't say a white conservative is betraying their race or isn't really a member of that rave because of their political views. Look at Robert Griffin he has conservative and Christian views plus doesn't act like a thug so he was labeled a "cornball brother".

I'll give you one more moment of my time.

Do you think these liberals that you speak of are saying that black conservatives are betraying their race because:

A: they are black

B: they are conservative

This is done now.

blacks have the right to be conservative in my opinion

but no need to be like white cons

And what's wrong with white cons? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom