• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Conservatives

I'll give you one more moment of my time.

Do you think these liberals that you speak of are saying that black conservatives are betraying their race because:

A: they are black

B: they are conservative

This is done now.

Why would any liberal make an issue of anyone's race? I thought you all were more enlightened than that.

Do you agree or disagree that this image is an accurate depiction of racial politics in America?

View attachment 67153028

This may accurately depict the liberal/Democrat view of the status or worth of a black person who's conservative. They do have a distinct prejudice against any minority who believes in individual responsibility.

And what's wrong with white cons? :mrgreen:

I love how people who pretend not to be racist are the most racist of all. Black conservatives and white conservatives are all people, they shouldn't be segregated by skin color, they should be treated as individuals, but so many people on the left can't see anything *BUT* race. Then they point to the rest of us who couldn't care less about skin color and call us racists. Go figure.

This is one of those "conservative" memes that is just silly.

The idea that liberals treat prominent black conservatives any differently than they do prominent white conservatives is bunk. At issue with people like Cain and Carson is their political ideology. What you are saying is that liberals suddenly become racists when the black person in question is conservative. You must see how that makes absolutely no sense.

On the other hand, white conservatives sure do spend a lot of time crowing about how much they love their black conservatives. What they do not do is actually cast votes for them. See how tht differs?

Using the word "meme"...just silly.

I love how people who pretend not to be racist are the most racist of all. Black conservatives and white conservatives are all people, they shouldn't be segregated by skin color, they should be treated as individuals, but so many people on the left can't see anything *BUT* race. Then they point to the rest of us who couldn't care less about skin color and call us racists. Go figure.

Yes...conservatives of all races are people. And I have issues with their politics.......regardless of race. What don't you understand?

You guys bring up the race of your fellow conservatives......we tell you that race does not enter into the decision to not support them....and you cry because we are talking about the race of some conservatives.

Please. Stop.

Yes...conservatives of all races are people. And I have issues with their politics.......regardless of race. What don't you understand?

That's alright, we have problems with your politics too.

You guys bring up the race of your fellow conservatives......we tell you that race does not enter into the decision to not support them....and you cry because we are talking about the race of some conservatives.

I don't. Please demonstrate that I do. In fact, the only people who talk about race 99% of the time are the liberals.

Please. Stop.

When you do.

That's alright, we have problems with your politics too.

I don't. Please demonstrate that I do. In fact, the only people who talk about race 99% of the time are the liberals.

When you do.

Once again.......talking about something.......explaining something......is not an admission of anything nor is it an indication of advocacy.

The need to talk about race is motivated by the inability of "conservatives" to expel their racists and generate a platform that excludes dopey racial bias. The average nutter has become so sensitive to being labeled a racist that they refuse to have a discussion about race. Conversely, I have been called a racist many times by nutters ( racist because I don't support Alan West....racist because I don't want to drug test for food stamps....racist because I think affirmative action is still required in some cases...) but it never bothers me. I welcome the discussion.

Try it. Be honest. If you are not a racist.....if you are not a bigot.......you ought to welcome this discussion.

Try it. Be honest. If you are not a racist.....if you are not a bigot.......you ought to welcome this discussion.

I'm fine with the discussion, I'm just not fine when either side, and it comes a lot more from the left than it ever does from the right, starts throwing around race or claims of racism as a means of winning an argument. If we're after a color-blind society, then race shouldn't be an issue on *EITHER* side.

I'm fine with the discussion, I'm just not fine when either side, and it comes a lot more from the left than it ever does from the right, starts throwing around race or claims of racism as a means of winning an argument. If we're after a color-blind society, then race shouldn't be an issue on *EITHER* side.

You seem to want the same thing I do. But you want to wish it into reality....while I understand that we have much work to do before we can get there.

It is odd that you want to pretend that there is equivalency between:

A: A number of Conservatives who are actually racist and want to legislate racism....

and

b: Liberals who are not racist but want to point out racism on the part of said conservatives.

It IS an issue for both "sides".....but for entirely different reasons.

I completely believe that blacks in America are "supposed" to be Democrats by default. The Democrats (allegedly) are champions for the poor and ignorant, and they have made it exorbitantly clear that (generally) blacks fall in this demographic (specifically at the behest of the evil, rich white man). Thomas Sowell likens black conservatives to "slaves that have escaped the plantation." Blacks who refuse to just fall lock-step in with that democrat "reality" are either labelled as "Uncle Toms" or that they've "sold out to the White Man."

Yes...the graphic may be a bit over-the-top or extreme, but it does have some relevancy. Look at how democrats threw Elbert Guillory under the bus when he switched parties, despite specifically and clearly defining the reasons why he did so. Look at how quickly the democrat's bitch mass media absolutely destroyed Herman Cain in the primaries (even though...to this day...there's been no proof of allegations of off-marital relations). Look at how democrats treated Mia Love with cowardly editing of her Wikipedia page. Look at how democrats treat Allen West (DailyKrap cites blogs as their source).

If 0bama had ran as a Republican, he'd probably also be labeled an Uncle Tom, and that he "isn't really black." The democratic plantation truly does not like runaways.

I completely believe that blacks in America are "supposed" to be Democrats by default. The Democrats (allegedly) are champions for the poor and ignorant, and they have made it exorbitantly clear that (generally) blacks fall in this demographic (specifically at the behest of the evil, rich white man). Thomas Sowell likens black conservatives to "slaves that have escaped the plantation." Blacks who refuse to just fall lock-step in with that democrat "reality" are either labelled as "Uncle Toms" or that they've "sold out to the White Man."

Yes...the graphic may be a bit over-the-top or extreme, but it does have some relevancy. Look at how democrats threw Elbert Guillory under the bus when he switched parties, despite specifically and clearly defining the reasons why he did so. Look at how quickly the democrat's bitch mass media absolutely destroyed Herman Cain in the primaries (even though...to this day...there's been no proof of allegations of off-marital relations). Look at how democrats treated Mia Love with cowardly editing of her Wikipedia page. Look at how democrats treat Allen West (DailyKrap cites blogs as their source).

If 0bama had ran as a Republican, he'd probably also be labeled an Uncle Tom, and that he "isn't really black." The democratic plantation truly does not like runaways.

Hello. Is the supposed vitriol and dishonesty put upon these people because they are black? Or is it because they are "conservative"?

Head......meet brick wall.

The idea that liberals expect black Americans to be liberal is nutty. There is no plantation.

You seem to want the same thing I do. But you want to wish it into reality....while I understand that we have much work to do before we can get there.

You claim there is, mostly I think because so many liberals are indoctrinated into seeing the world in terms of inequality, such that they automatically identify anything negative that happens in terms of racism or sexism or some other form of hatred. It ain't necessarily so.

It is odd that you want to pretend that there is equivalency between:

A: A number of Conservatives who are actually racist and want to legislate racism....

and

b: Liberals who are not racist but want to point out racism on the part of said conservatives.

It IS an issue for both "sides".....but for entirely different reasons.

First off, none of the people you're talking about are conservatives. There are painfully few actual conservatives in the Republican party. In fact, the reality is, they're mostly hyper-religious liberals. They don't want to live within their means, which is a cornerpost of conservatism. They don't want the government out of the lives of the people, which is a cornerpost of conservatism. The majority of the leadership in the Republican party are disenfranchised liberal Democrats who fled the party in the 60s and 70s over issues like abortion and civil rights, brought over to the Republican side by Nixon's "Southern Strategy". These people are not conservative, they are neo-conservative, which is an entirely different thing. Why so many people confuse the two is like someone claiming liberals and libertarians must be the same thing because they share the majority of letters in their name. Just because a label is slapped on a thing doesn't make it that thing.

So on to what you said. I entirely disagree with your contention that there are not a ton of racist liberals. There are. They just refuse to acknowledge that they are because they pretend to be the sole arbiter of what racism is and conveniently define themselves out of it. The fact is, I can't find a lot of people in power on the neo-conservative side who want to legislate racism (it's a common claim, never demonstrated), but I can absolutely find a lot of cases where the people in power on the liberal side want to do it, affirmative action, special dispensation for businesses owned by minorities and women, special rights for minorities and women, etc. Those things are all racist because they all promote one race or gender (which would be sexist) over another. That's the textbook definition of racism!

I think it's a bigger issue for the liberals because they spend their time crying about it while engaging in it all the same. They're hypocrites.

Head......meet brick wall.

Well, bang it harder because I provided links to support my case. How's about you attempt "debate" instead of liberal talking points, and strawman deflections.

Well, bang it harder because I provided links to support my case. How's about you attempt "debate" instead of liberal talking points, and strawman deflections.

I don't do talking points.

It just seems that black conservatives are allways being told how they are not really black or they are uncle toms or house n. Go look at what is treated at denean barelli and tell me that's not true.

its not true because of your wording.

does it happen? yes
does it always happen? no

That would prove nothing. This is a silly case of faulty logic. If the liberals that you are speaking of would support a white conservative but not a black one, you would have a point. But.....that is not the case. and....liberals have proven a willingness to elect black politicians. The only possible reason that you can point to for liberals not supporting Cain or West or Carson......is their politics.

Lets stop this silliness. At least here in this forum. What do you say?

For many, I agree. There are undoubtably SOME liberals that may have a greater dislike for a Black conservative then a white one, but by and large the basis of liking/disliking someone when talking about their political lean is usually political.

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to you espouging this view in the next random thread declaring conservatives racist as their motivation for attacking Obama :) It seems people on both sides seem to lose sight of the common sense notion that people attack politicians because of hteir politics first and foremost.

No the wouldn't support a white conservative but the don't say a white conservative is betraying their race or isn't really a member of that rave because of their political views. Look at Robert Griffin he has conservative and Christian views plus doesn't act like a thug so he was labeled a "cornball brother".

Oh lord. You're invoking the name of RG3sus, and as such I need to step in here.

He is Christian.

Please highlight what "conservative" statements or views that Robert Griffin has stated? He's tried very strongly to by and large avoid speaking about politics or his political views. While it's assumed that he is Republican, he's never confirmed that in any fashion. Furthermore, he was labled a "cornball brother" by one dumbass on ESPN who promptedly had all hell descend upon him, including massively from the black community.

For many, I agree. There are undoubtably SOME liberals that may have a greater dislike for a Black conservative then a white one, but by and large the basis of liking/disliking someone when talking about their political lean is usually political.

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to you espouging this view in the next random thread declaring conservatives racist as their motivation for attacking Obama :) It seems people on both sides seem to lose sight of the common sense notion that people attack politicians because of hteir politics first and foremost.

I have no issue with people who oppose the President for his political views. But the discussion needs some specifics....some examples.....some facts.

Bottom line is... all you need to do is take a look at black "republican's" like Colin Powell and JC Watts. They showed their true color by supporting a leftist for president.

How many black repubs live in da hood? None if they want any kind of social life... in fact it could be dangerous to their health.

I have no issue with people who oppose the President for his political views. But the discussion needs some specifics....some examples.....some facts.

Yet even when people do present specifics, examples and facts, there are far too many liberals who ignore all that and claim the only reason anyone couldn't like Obama is because he's black.

Back
Top Bottom