• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black actor brutally beaten and almost lynched in racial motivated attack.

CanadianJudo

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
a young actor who was getting some food was brutally attacked and almost lynched today.

"Empire" star Jussie Smollett was brutally attacked by 2 men who beat him up, put his head in a noose and screamed, "This is MAGA country."

Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when shortly after he walked out on his way home, someone yelled, "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?"

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/29/empi...-attacked-hospitalized-homophobic-hate-crime/

I saw that earlier but have been kind of waiting for more information to come out as what's in the TMZ and Grape Juice articles is rather fantastical.

Look, if it all went down as reported then it's a rather ugly thought process behind the crime but I can't help but wonder about the sheer weirdness of the note sent to the TV studio and the fact that two guys were randomly driving around Chicago looking for an actor to attack, pour bleach on and pretend to lynch. I mean, that sounds really, really weird.

Tragic, what a shame. Scary stuff, not feeling the greatness there. But waiting for information right?

Clearly a horrible accident

How do you know that was an accident? By current reporting, it appears to be assault, motivated by race.
Maybe he slipped in some bleach, and accidentally fell into a noose, and broke his rib as he fell?

"Empire" star Jussie Smollett was brutally attacked by 2 men who beat him up, put his head in a noose and screamed, "This is MAGA country."

That seems a little "too good to check."

We'll wait and see if it really happened, and in this way.

If it did, it's a terrible crime and the disgusting perps should do a long stint for it.

If it's a hoax, as many of these things turn out to be, then this helps no one, and just adds to division.

I saw that earlier but have been kind of waiting for more information to come out as what's in the TMZ and Grape Juice articles is rather fantastical.

Look, if it all went down as reported then it's a rather ugly thought process behind the crime but I can't help but wonder about the sheer weirdness of the note sent to the TV studio and the fact that two guys were randomly driving around Chicago looking for an actor to attack, pour bleach on and pretend to lynch. I mean, that sounds really, really weird.

Another hoax?!?

Another hoax?!?

I don't know. All I can say, based on what I've read, is that it's a damned weird situation. Apparently some threatening letter made up of cut out letters from a magazine was sent to the TV studio along with drawings a 3 year old might have made and now you've got this. It's all really strange and really coincidental.

I don't know. All I can say, based on what I've read, is that it's a damned weird situation. Apparently some threatening letter made up of cut out letters from a magazine was sent to the TV studio along with drawings a 3 year old might have made and now you've got this. It's all really strange and really coincidental.

Too be honest ... I can't imagine white guys going through Chicago shouting: "This is MAGA country!"

Sounds awfully convenient. With the masked faces, it could just as well be Antifa goons.

Too be honest ... I can't imagine white guys going through Chicago shouting: "This is MAGA country!"

Exactly. I smell a poorly planned attack to implicate conservatives. No doubt, the same people who jumped on the Covington kids will be lapping this up, too.

That's one of the many aspects of this that's just plain weird. I mean, I think Trump got something like 10% of the vote in Chicago so it isn't exactly MAGA territory.

That's one of the many aspects of this that's just plain weird. I mean, I think Trump got something like 10% of the vote in Chicago so it isn't exactly MAGA territory.

Isn’t it though? Chicago was the one rally Trump had to cancel because of the violent horde that had gathered to protest. But we’re supposed to believe somebody is running around downtown Chicago at night shouting about MAGA country?

The more I think about it, the more it sounds really "fishy". Two white guys with ski masks walk around Chicago a night with a noose and a bottle of bleach in their hands and find only that Smollet guy ...

No noose and bleach problems at 2 am in Chicago reported before?!?

Posting to get updates if anyone has them. I'm not forming any opinion, especially after the Covington Catholic rush to judgement.
This, however, pings on the "hinky" radar big time.

I was hoping that maybe, just the one time, the usual suspects would not show up to try to suggest that whatever it is must be a hoax. But no low is too low.

Especially the low of those posters who are here saying I'm not saying it's a hoax, but what if it's a hoax.....wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean?

Isn’t it though? Chicago was the one rally Trump had to cancel because of the violent horde that had gathered to protest. But we’re supposed to believe somebody is running around downtown Chicago at night shouting about MAGA country?

Well, it is true that the Chicago event was cancelled due to concerns of violence but it wasn't MAGA people that were causing that concern - https://www.npr.org/2016/03/11/470154065/donald-trump-rally-in-chicago-canceled-amid-widespread-protests

Yeah, when stories are this over the top I tend to wait for more info. I’m not saying it isn’t real, but I have been burned before.

Tragic, what a shame. Scary stuff, not feeling the greatness there. But waiting for information right?

How do you know that was an accident? By current reporting, it appears to be assault, motivated by race.
Maybe he slipped in some bleach, and accidentally fell into a noose, and broke his rib as he fell?

Sounds VERY DUBIOUS, and his PUBLICIST is making "his statement" for him...I dunno...

I’m not saying it isn’t real, but I have been burned before.

We have all been burned many times before.

So people start to suspect every such event as a possible hoax.

Just as false rape charges cause doubt when an actual rape does occur.

Older people will remember the disgusting hoax staged by the Rev. Mr. Sharpton. He still has an MSNBC show and was a frequent guest at the White House during the last administration.

Activists who stage hoaxes are hurting their own cause.

So let's wait until there is an impartial investigation.

if true I hope the perps are prosecuted to the fullest extent.

His attacker's had mask on ( he cant offer up an identity now ) and said " This is Trump County ", ( Chicago definitely is NOT Trump County ) knew he was gay ( How ??? ) And just happened to be carrying around bleach and a rope ( Riiiiight )

I think we should give this story a couple of days before we decide if this was a legt attack or it was another hoax

I was hoping that maybe, just the one time, the usual suspects would not show up to try to suggest that whatever it is must be a hoax. But no low is too low.

Especially the low of those posters who are here saying I'm not saying it's a hoax, but what if it's a hoax.....wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean?

Right. Liberals never jump the gun.:lamo

That and they happened to be carrying around bleach and a rope and had mask on
Who carries around bleach ? Everytime I get near the stuff I ruin a shirt or pair of jeans. Im genuinely scared of the stuff and wouldn't be carrying it on me under any circumstance

Back
Top Bottom