• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black actor brutally beaten and almost lynched in racial motivated attack.

white people live in the black hood boss!!!

Except that a white person is over 20 times more likely to be murdered by a black person, than VICE VERSA, according to the FBI's UCR.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2017/topic-pages/victims

According to the UCR:

In the year 2017

Of all racially motivated hate crimes:
48.6 percent were motivated by anti-black bias.
17.1 percent were motivated by anti-white bias.

Of all religiously motivated hate crimes:
58.1 percent were victims of crimes motivated by their offenders’ anti-Jewish bias.
18.6 percent were victims of anti-Islamic (Muslim) bias.
4.3 percent were victims of anti-Catholic bias
2.3 percent were victims of anti-Protestant bias.
1.8 percent were victims of anti-Other Christian bias.

Of hate crimes motivated by sexual orientation:
57.8 percent were victims of crimes motivated by their offenders’ anti-gay (male) bias.
24.9 percent were victims of anti-lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (mixed group) bias.
12.3 percent were victims of anti-lesbian bias.
2.8 percent were victims of anti-heterosexual bias

So please continue to tell us how dangerous it is to be a straight white Christian in this country...

Last edited:
It would appear he is in a hospital. Therefore, it is not a "hoax", since only the dumbest idiot out there would falsely claim to be so attacked, then go check in at a hospital. This is because the doctors would observe the absence of injury and then cart him of to psychiatric for some observation.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/01/empire-star-hospitalized-after-possible-hate-attack.html

So I guess the conspiracy theorists are now going to have to admit that he really was attacked, but then try to save face by suggesting he paid people to beat him up, just so he could make Trumpists look bad. Oh wait. Maybe I've got another one for you: you can claim that really, they must have been black gang members, and that this is why they wore masks and talked about Trump. Clever, right? There are so many bull**** stories you could make up to justify your assumptions that it is a hoax.

Oooo oooh. I know. Maybe the hospital is liberal, so they actually had a doctor sneak out to beat him up, and paid them to taunt him.

Or the most likely explanation is that he was attacked, possibly by someone he knew, but made up the MAGA story as cover. It wont take long for the truth to come out.

Or the most likely explanation is that he was attacked, possibly by someone he knew, but made up the MAGA story as cover. It wont take long for the truth to come out.

Deal that went south perhaps?

The first sentence is likely made up, but if it's true the reason is fairly obvious: if you go around accusing black people of racism, you leave yourself vulnerable to criticism when you want to enter threads about white people doing or saying things allegedly racist. So, you find it better to only deploy that line occasionally when you want to whattabout to a black person allgedly being racist in a thread about a black person beaten up by people making racist and other remarks. Probably won't be as noticeable.

Wavy10.com

And I don't give a **** what you think.

Hopefully people can keep their **** together and wait for the real story to come out. Tall order, I know.

Dont lose sight of the facts.

He just flew in from New York.
It was 2AM...sub zero weather in this years polar vortex...literally so cold people are being warned to not SPEAK outdoors...and he decided at 2AM to go get a snack.

Wouldnt everyone agree that the likelihood of people SPECIFICALLY targeting him has to be somewhere around a statistical zero?

At the very least it would indicate there is some sort of personal connection.

Dont lose sight of the facts.

He just flew in from New York.
It was 2AM...sub zero weather in this years polar vortex...literally so cold people are being warned to not SPEAK outdoors...and he decided at 2AM to go get a snack.

Wouldnt everyone agree that the likelihood of people SPECIFICALLY targeting him has to be somewhere around a statistical zero?

At the very least it would indicate there is some sort of personal connection.

Apparently they yelled "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?" Hard to believe hard core racists are watching 'Empire' and that knowledgeable of the cast.

Except that a white person is over 20 times more likely to be murdered by a black person, than VICE VERSA, according to the FBI's UCR.

Does this give you a tiny boner?

Blacksrelax.jpg

Last edited:
I was hoping that maybe, just the one time, the usual suspects would not show up to try to suggest that whatever it is must be a hoax. But no low is too low.

Especially the low of those posters who are here saying I'm not saying it's a hoax, but what if it's a hoax.....wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean?

Well, with what happened with Covington and the fact that hoax race crimes has happened before, I don't blame people pumping the brakes and waiting for more information.

Apparently they yelled "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?" Hard to believe hard core racists are watching 'Empire' and that knowledgeable of the cast.

:roll:

You really are running interference for the attackers, aren't you? It's so damn important to you for this to be a hoax. That's ugly.

Well, with what happened with Covington and the fact that hoax race crimes has happened before, I don't blame people pumping the brakes and waiting for more information.

There's a difference between "waiting for more information" and running to the thread to argue about how they think it's a hoax.

Too be honest ... I can't imagine white guys going through Chicago shouting: "This is MAGA country!"

I certainly can. There are a lot of hicks downstate—- after all, Kentucky and Missouri really aren’t that far away, and there were a few Copperheads down there way back when —-and it’s not like Chicago has checkpoints screening out nuts from coming into the city

The more I think about it, the more it sounds really "fishy". Two white guys with ski masks walk around Chicago a night with a noose and a bottle of bleach in their hands and find only that Smollet guy ...

No noose and bleach problems at 2 am in Chicago reported before?!?

Given how cold it is here right now? Most people are staying inside trying not to freeze their asses off, not watching for some morons running around with a noose.

To say the least.

Right...its all very hinky...but still...maybe.

Lets see.

Heres a nod in his favor though. Its not like this guy is a loser attention hound. He IS successful and would have SO much more to lose from a discovered hoax than to gain from a hoax well executed. I sort of lean more to the believing him side of all of this because faking something like this would be UNBELIEVABLY stupid.

:roll:

You really are running interference for the attackers, aren't you? It's so damn important to you for this to be a hoax. That's ugly.

Im not doing any such thing. Sorry but I dont find the story believable. Its not important to me that it be a hoax, it just sounds like one.

Assuming its all true, find the perpetrators and hang em from the Sears Tower. Whoever they turn out to be.

Why would we assume such an absurd story to be true?

It would appear he is in a hospital. Therefore, it is not a "hoax", since only the dumbest idiot out there would falsely claim to be so attacked, then go check in at a hospital. This is because the doctors would observe the absence of injury and then cart him of to psychiatric for some observation.

Which is more likely? This fantastic tale, or that he's covering up something stupid that he did?

So I guess the conspiracy theorists are now going to have to admit that he really was attacked, but then try to save face by suggesting he paid people to beat him up, just so he could make Trumpists look bad. Oh wait. Maybe I've got another one for you: you can claim that really, they must have been black gang members, and that this is why they wore masks and talked about Trump. Clever, right? There are so many bull**** stories you could make up to justify your assumptions that it is a hoax.

Oooo oooh. I know. Maybe the hospital is liberal, so they actually had a doctor sneak out to beat him up, and paid them to taunt him.

Or he got in a drunken brawl with someone and he made up the story to preserve his reputation.

Heres a nod in his favor though. Its not like this guy is a loser attention hound. He IS successful and would have SO much more to lose from a discovered hoax than to gain from a hoax well executed. I sort of lean more to the believing him side of all of this because faking something like this would be UNBELIEVABLY stupid.

I don’t know. His career hasn’t been that stellar. His only real success has been playing an abused gay supporting character on Empire. In fact, this whole thing seems like a plot line for his role in the show.

Chicago Police:

So, going forward in this thread, as we see the usual Trumpian suspects here doing what they always do in situations like this.....a few things are clear:

1. Alt-righties who have promoted and defended one outrageous right wing hoax after another over the last several years (from Fast and Furious...to Jade Helm....to Birtherism....to the fake Benghazi scandals ...to the IRS targeting scandal...to Death Panels....to the Clinton Emails...to Uranium One...etc. etc. etc.) are in no position to whine about hoaxes from the other side.
  2. If "racial and homophobic comments" were indeed documented.....the culprits were almost certainly Trump supporters.
  3. If investigations confirm the events as originally reported, few (if any) right wingers from this thread will come forward to acknowledge it and retract the idiotic remarks we've seen so far.

"Documented comments" just means that he reported that someone said it. It doesn't mean it happened.

Not for nothin, but isnt Chicago going through a Polar Vortex right now? Seems to me I saw that the weather was like in the - degrees with snow in the wee hours. Sounds like there are some hard core bigots running around randomly looking for homosexuals with bleach and a rope at 2 AM in a beyond freezing environment where they just happened to happen upon a guy that literally just flew in from New York.

Some of the different news stories show that police have video they are reviewing...hopefully they catch the guilty parties quick, fast, and in a hurry.

And not only that, these racist homophobes also watch Empire and knew this actor.

A white guy was shot by a black guy in Norfolk last week for being in the hood.

Geeeeees.........I forgot to run over to Debate politics to proclaim racism!

Dog bites man.

Back
Top Bottom