• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black actor brutally beaten and almost lynched in racial motivated attack.

It may not be a hoax that he was attacked but according to TMZ, the same source given in the OP, the people being questioned are two African American gentlemen that were known by the actor. It does appear that the original story of two white men did this as some form of race based motivation is falling apart. The edited phone records provided raise more questions to the legitimacy of the original story. There is enough known to draw a reasonable conclusion that Smollett was not completely honest in his original portrayal of events. I still think it's too early and there are still too many unaswered questions to outright call it a complete hoax

I think the police got everything they need, or why else would CNN Breaking News tweet:

CNN Breaking News
‏Verified account
@cnnbrk
Follow Follow @cnnbrk
More
Chicago police think "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault on himself, two police sources say Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack - CNN
3:49 PM - 16 Feb 2019

I think the story has been given a lot of attention because Smollett is a celebrity, gay, and black. A trifecta for the MSM. If (or once) Smollett’s allegations are proven false, he should be prosecuted same as anyone who isn’t well known would be.
There are plenty of blacks killed every week in Chicago, many of them surely gay. They don't get any press unless the perpetrator is white.

Remember Jazmine Barnes? You only know her name because her mother originally claimed the perpetrator was white. That's the only reason the media covered her murder.

Sent from my phone. Instaurare omnia in Christo.

There are plenty of blacks killed every week in Chicago, many of them surely gay. They don't get any press unless the perpetrator is white.

Remember Jazmine Barnes? You only know her name because her mother originally claimed the perpetrator was white. That's the only reason the media covered her murder.

Sent from my phone. Instaurare omnia in Christo.

Another one lying about the perpetrator. It wasn't a blue-eyed devil white guy that shot her daughter to death. It was a black man that she possibly knew. Yet she swore up and down she got a good look and the shooter was white.

Another one lying about the perpetrator. It wasn't a blue-eyed devil white guy that shot her daughter to death. It was a black man that she possibly knew. Yet she swore up and down she got a good look and the shooter was white.

It was the only way that she was going to get any attention for her daughter. We're going to start seeing cases like this more often since she showed that it works.

It was the only way that she was going to get any attention for her daughter. We're going to start seeing cases like this more often since she showed that it works.

Covington kids are fighting back. Chicago police aren't being cowed by the SJW jackboots. The tide is turning.

Covington kids are fighting back. Chicago police aren't being cowed by the SJW jackboots. The tide is turning.

It's Balkanization. I'm worried about political stability in this environment.

The first dozen pages of THIS thread aged well.

It would appear he is in a hospital. Therefore, it is not a "hoax", since only the dumbest idiot out there would falsely claim to be so attacked, then go check in at a hospital. This is because the doctors would observe the absence of injury and then cart him of to psychiatric for some observation.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/01/empire-star-hospitalized-after-possible-hate-attack.html

So I guess the conspiracy theorists are now going to have to admit that he really was attacked, but then try to save face by suggesting he paid people to beat him up, just so he could make Trumpists look bad. Oh wait. Maybe I've got another one for you: you can claim that really, they must have been black gang members, and that this is why they wore masks and talked about Trump. Clever, right? There are so many bull**** stories you could make up to justify your assumptions that it is a hoax.

Oooo oooh. I know. Maybe the hospital is liberal, so they actually had a doctor sneak out to beat him up, and paid them to taunt him.

Turns out this was a good suggestion.

Turns out this was a good suggestion.

Unless, of course, I was right that he was "the dumbest idiot" I referred to. Curious how you chose not to bold that part as well. By not bolding it, you tried to present my statement as an absolute declaration in one direction rather than what it was: two alternatives. Either real, or he's the dumbest idiot.

Nice try though.

Unless, of course, I was right that he was "the dumbest idiot" I referred to. Curious how you chose not to bold that part as well. By not bolding it, you tried to present my statement as an absolute declaration in one direction rather than what it was: two alternatives. Either real, or he's the dumbest idiot.

Nice try though.

Lol, I guess you don't want me to highlight the part where you said "it is not a 'hoax'."

Do you ever get tired of accusing every victim of a hate crime of lying and deceit?

Seriously, you can count on you like a swiss watch anytime a hate crime is discussed.

Black man beat up, where is phattonez going to weigh in on this subject I wonder.

"Staged, Liar, it was this many degrees and they wouldn't have been walking randomly with frozen bleach."

At this point, you would do more for the MAGA cause by not siding with them. It's like when a Klansmen shows up at your political rally to support you. It makes everyone wonder why the Klansmen showed up to support you. What is it about you that appeals to that guy...

Chances are, these guys had a vehicle with a trunk that had the rope and bleach in it. A vehicle they got out of to stalk a person, which is when they grabbed the materials. They then only had to travel a short distance on foot, minimizing the danger of being two hooded people in chicago in the middle of the night stalking a black man.

It took me 3 seconds to come up with that very plausible scenario to defeat your victim blaming racism.

Next time you have a thought on this, just let it go, assume we all know where you stand. Because we do...

I'll get tired of it when I stop being right.

Nice try though.

Oh come on Mr Person...you clearly thought that it wasn't a hoax and then proceeded to call those that were calling it a hoax conspiracy theorists making up bull**** stories to justify that it is a hoax.

Oh come on Mr Person...you clearly thought that it wasn't a hoax and then proceeded to call those that were calling it a hoax conspiracy theorists making up bull**** stories to justify that it is a hoax.

It was presented in the alternative. Mischaracterize it if you must.

As always, we only post based on what information is available at the moment, and what I said was perfectly reasonable given what we knew as of that date and time. Do I need to start using a signature that clarifies this for you?

And if your next move is to insist that nobody post until someone (who?) has declared "all the facts are out", you might as well shut the forum down.

:shrug:

Oh, and PS: you, Kal'Stang, are continually speaking vaguely and then attacking people for somehow getting you wrong. Of all people, you have the least standing to tell me that I'm somehow incorrectly describing what I said (rather than the portion he chose to bold).

It's Balkanization. I'm worried about political stability in this environment.

When people who are accused and innocent fight back you are worried about political stability?

Says a lot about your politics.

The real hypocrisy is attacking the left for jumping to conclusions while doing exactly that in a way that one thinks *gets* the left.

Just more dishonest debate board game-playing. Just more gotcha games. Just more slimey attempts to indirectly discredit the very real racism in America, and the very real racism of certain Trump supporters.

The only slime here was from Smollet making up a hate crime to attack white people. Racism in this country is apparently SO prevalent that instances need to be made up to prove the point.

When people who are accused and innocent fight back you are worried about political stability?

Says a lot about your politics.

What are you talking about? I fully support the Covington kids. It's just that these instances of phony injustices are becoming more prevalent and are totally predictable given our increasing diversity.

This is just more of the right wing violence perpetrated by Trump and his conservative media allies who spew hate daily..We need to build a wall to keep these right wing loons out..They are awful people.

Ooof.

It was presented in the alternative. Mischaracterize it if you must.

As always, we only post based on what information is available at the moment, and what I said was perfectly reasonable given what we knew as of that date and time. Do I need to start using a signature that clarifies this for you?

And if your next move is to insist that nobody post until someone (who?) has declared "all the facts are out", you might as well shut the forum down.

:shrug:

Oh, and PS: you, Kal'Stang, are continually speaking vaguely and then attacking people for somehow getting you wrong. Of all people, you have the least standing to tell me that I'm somehow incorrectly describing what I said (rather than the portion he chose to bold).

What you stated was quite clear and detailed. You even gave scenarios that "conspiracy theorists" (your words) could use for the "hoax" (you even put the quotes around the word "hoax" to indicate that you didn't think it was a hoax). I don't blame you for believing his story initially. I did to. As I've already stated in another thread in a post made before this one or the one above. It's quite clear that you did not think Jussie was "the dumbest idiot out there" in that post. Again, I don't blame you for that. But to come back later and try to assert that you were actually just giving two alternatives is disingenuous.

As far as your PS to me, your post was quite clear and not vague.

I'll get tired of it when I stop being right.

I'd rather take the side of a potential victim and occasionally be wrong, rather than always take the side of white supremacist's and occasionally be right.

Your still the dude that claims operation wetback was a great thing.

I'd rather take the side of a potential victim and occasionally be wrong, rather than always take the side of white supremacist's and occasionally be right.

Your still the dude that claims operation wetback was a great thing.

Occasionally? There's a whole database of fake hate crime claims.

fakehatecrimes.org

Back
Top Bottom