• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Birth Control

Rev.

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Please understand up front that this post assumes a Christian worldview. I am not interested in discussing "Is the Bible true?" but will discuss "Does the Bible teach this truth." For those who do not accept the authority of the scripture, I hope this will bring some understanding on an issue that clearly puzzles people from the pro-choice side.

Most people don't understand why some Christians who oppose abortion also oppose birthcontrol.

After all, if everyone's goal is to reduce abortions (both pro-choice and pro-life advocates claim this is their ultimate goal) the prevention of pregnancy seems like the most logical solution. So why do so many pro-life people oppose birth control?

Many people (both pro-choice and pro-life) believe the objection to birth control is based primarily on the Christian's conviction that premarital sex is a sin. That handing out birth control removes the consequences and makes pre-marital sex more enticing. So the Christian position is seen as this illogical "keeping the condoms away from the kids will keep the kids from having sex" sentiment.

And while there is some truth to Christians not wanting to endorse "sinful behavior" by handing out condoms, there is another, greater truth that has gotten lost.

Many Christians don't realize that in ALL branches of Christianity (Orthodox, Catholic AND Protestant) birth control was opposed until about 1950. Martin Luther was against it. John Wesley taught that birth control was sodomy.

For the Christian, life is sacred, because all life proceeds from God. He opens and closes the womb. Therefore, what is the difference between ending a life and preventing one? Both reject life. And to oppose abortion but accept birth control is inconsistant.

Additionally, chemical birth controls are effective because they act as an abortificant. They cause abortion of a conceived child before pregnancy can be established. To use, or promote use, of something that causes abortion would be inconsistant with a pro-life stand.

For the Christian, life is sacred, because all life proceeds from God. He opens and closes the womb. Therefore, what is the difference between ending a life and preventing one? Both reject life.
If condoms reject life, then so does abstainance.

Binary_Digit said:
If condoms reject life, then so does abstainance.

You are absolutely right...and very perceptive! :) Interesting dilema for the Christian, don't you agree?

There is room in scripture for a period of abstainance for the parties to devote themselves to prayer. But this assumes the parties are married to one another. Teaching abstainance to unmarrieds wouldn't violate any Christian principals because the Bible assumes celibacy for singles already.

There is another thing about women eating preventive pills: Male fishes get the hormones and lose their sex.

Also; why do men lose living sperms? Drinking water from the tap get the pills back and men get sterile.

In this way you can understand why chemical birth control, together with abortions and an egoistic non reproductive attitude among young women (initiated by the lying feminists,) is a conspiration of evil killing the future life of our civilization.

But to talk with people about this encourages their fear, they get upset and lyingly resort to false public thinking.

Here's the only passage in the Bible that specifically deals with any form of birth control:

"Then Judah said to Onan, 'Go in to your brother's wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.' Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life" - Genesis 38:8-10

So, I guess God hates the pulling out method. Or maybe not. That's not the only thing Onan did that could be considered wrong. He also disobeyed Judah's order to continue his brother Er's seed. Maybe THAT'S what displeased God, not the pulling out part. Or it could be both. The only certainty here is that it is not conclusive.

Teaching abstainance to unmarrieds wouldn't violate any Christian principals because the Bible assumes celibacy for singles already.
That depends on how you interpret the Bible. The laws against pre-marital sex could be considered obselete, just like the laws against women teaching in church. How many other laws supposedly only applied to certain people at a certain time, and not necessarily to future generations?

Maybe the need for virginity before marriage was critical in the 1st century, when:
- There was no effective contraceptive methods to prevent pregnancy. Then as now, a child being brought up in a single parent home tends to be disadvantaged.
- A woman with a child could not survive without the support of a father or husband.
- There was no dependable method of avoiding STDs, and no effective treatments or cures.
- The average time interval between puberty and marriage was only a few years - perhaps even months.

But with the availability of good birth control methods, financial support programs, safe-sex practices, effective treatments for most STDs, maybe safe-sex between a committed, monogamous couple is no longer a sin. Since the time interval between puberty and marriage is now on the order of 15 years, it is impractical to expect most people to maintain their virginity until marriage.

We are punished by our sins, not for them.

Ormblomma said:
There is another thing about women eating preventive pills: Male fishes get the hormones and lose their sex.

Also; why do men lose living sperms? Drinking water from the tap get the pills back and men get sterile.

In this way you can understand why chemical birth control, together with abortions and an egoistic non reproductive attitude among young women (initiated by the lying feminists,) is a conspiration of evil killing the future life of our civilization.

But to talk with people about this encourages their fear, they get upset and lyingly resort to false public thinking.

Are you for real?

Naughty Nurse said:
Are you for real?

Relax. I am for real. No problem with me to be real. Hope not for you, as well.

What is your problem, by the way?

Ormblomma

Naughty Nurse said:
Are you for real?

I have observed that you are a homosexual. That is perfectly all right with me. Do not be shy now. You can talk with Ormblomma freely here.

Telling you something; I have an profound experience of communicating with homosexuals, and to that, I am completely free of prejudices. Believe it or not.

Best Regards

Ormblomma

Ormblomma said:
I have observed that you are a homosexual. That is perfectly all right with me. Do not be shy now. You can talk with Ormblomma freely here.

Telling you something; I have an profound experience of communicating with homosexuals, and to that, I am completely free of prejudices. Believe it or not.

Best Regards

Ormblomma

But your attitude towards women is something else!

Naughty Nurse said:
But your attitude towards women is something else!

Yes. My attitude towards women is something else, as I respect them deeply as carriers of mens semen and genes.

Ormblomma said:

Best Regards

Ormblomma
It's ok that you're Swedish. I have known people from Sweden, and I'm well versed in communicating with your kind. (sarcasm)

Naughty Nurse is a person just like you and me, there's no special way to talk to them except as a regular person. :)

Anyway, I tried to verify your claims that BC pills cause male sterility through tap water, but I couldn't find any support for your argument. Do you have a link to a credible source?

Rev. said:
Please understand up front that this post assumes a Christian worldview. I am not interested in discussing "Is the Bible true?" but will discuss "Does the Bible teach this truth." For those who do not accept the authority of the scripture, I hope this will bring some understanding on an issue that clearly puzzles people from the pro-choice side.

Most people don't understand why some Christians who oppose abortion also oppose birthcontrol.

After all, if everyone's goal is to reduce abortions (both pro-choice and pro-life advocates claim this is their ultimate goal) the prevention of pregnancy seems like the most logical solution. So why do so many pro-life people oppose birth control?

Many people (both pro-choice and pro-life) believe the objection to birth control is based primarily on the Christian's conviction that premarital sex is a sin. That handing out birth control removes the consequences and makes pre-marital sex more enticing. So the Christian position is seen as this illogical "keeping the condoms away from the kids will keep the kids from having sex" sentiment.

And while there is some truth to Christians not wanting to endorse "sinful behavior" by handing out condoms, there is another, greater truth that has gotten lost.

Many Christians don't realize that in ALL branches of Christianity (Orthodox, Catholic AND Protestant) birth control was opposed until about 1950. Martin Luther was against it. John Wesley taught that birth control was sodomy.

For the Christian, life is sacred, because all life proceeds from God. He opens and closes the womb. Therefore, what is the difference between ending a life and preventing one? Both reject life. And to oppose abortion but accept birth control is inconsistant.

Additionally, chemical birth controls are effective because they act as an abortificant. They cause abortion of a conceived child before pregnancy can be established. To use, or promote use, of something that causes abortion would be inconsistant with a pro-life stand.

If God wants me to get pregnant that badly, no amount of birth control is going to stop it. Mary used absinance, the most effective birth control method there is, and look where it got her.

Do you also oppose seeking medical care? Using your logic, if God should not be prevented from giving life than He should not be prevented from taking it way either.

Binary_Digit said:
It's ok that you're Swedish. I have known people from Sweden, and I'm well versed in communicating with your kind. (sarcasm)

Naughty Nurse is a person just like you and me, there's no special way to talk to them except as a regular person. :)

Anyway, I tried to verify your claims that BC pills cause male sterility through tap water, but I couldn't find any support for your argument. Do you have a link to a credible source?

Danish men have 50 % less living sperms than Swedish men. Denmark, as more dense populated and thus having less water to receive the hormonal polluted outlet, might get twice as much hormones back in the tap.

Binary_Digit said:

We should have listened to the Pope. He was right.

Some attitudes of Western religions regarding sexual pleasure is a crack up.

If you accept the premise that God designed humans a certain way, then it raises problematic issues for some religious adherents as to why females are designed to be having sexual intercourse and get pregnant at 11 and 12 years old and males to be able to impregnate at 13-14.

Both males and females are not designed to be monogomous.

So what if chemical birth control is prescribed for other reasons than birth control?It is not uncommon to get the pill for acne for example. Would that be "unchristian"?

Ormblomma said:
Yes. My attitude towards women is something else, as I respect them deeply as carriers of mens semen and genes.

Too many people, not enough piano wire.

Ormblomma said:
Danish men have 50 % less living sperms than Swedish men.
Why are you lying about Danish men?

Back
Top Bottom