• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bin Laden blames French "injustice" for abductions-TV

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Bin Laden blames French "injustice" for abductions-TV

Reuters AlertNet - Bin Laden blames French "injustice" for abductions-TV

DUBAI, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden said the kidnapping of five French nationals in Niger last month had been prompted by France's unjust treatment of Muslims, in an audio message aired on Al Jazeera television on Wednesday.
"How is it right for you to occupy our countries and kill our women and children and expect to live in peace and security?" a speaker who sounded like bin Laden said in the message directed to the French people.
"The equation is clear: you are killed as you kill and abducted as you abduct, and as you damage our security we damage your security."

Wait, I am confused, I thought they only attacked those who intefere in thier internal affairs. :ssst:

Like the middle east being under occupation for 2 centuries?

WTF are you talking about?

I'm speaking directly to the years of folks here claiming that we were attacked because of our meddling in the middle east.

I often responded how it was more due to thier rejection of our non islamic societies.

This is evidence that I was indeed right.

I'm conducting a study, I'm going around threads to see if every topic eventually melts down into a conservative/republican vs liberal/democrat debate instead of staying on the topic. It hasn't melted yet but Rev is trying hard to melt it. Get em' Rev!

I'm conducting a study, I'm going around threads to see if every topic eventually melts down into a conservative/republican vs liberal/democrat debate instead of staying on the topic. It hasn't melted yet but Rev is trying hard to melt it. Get em' Rev!

That's cool, I'm hitting the little "!" and letting the staff sort it out. I find it funny how you attack me the thread starter when the other guy was the one who derailed it. You should practice what you preach.

I'm speaking directly to the years of folks here claiming that we were attacked because of our meddling in the middle east.

I often responded how it was more due to thier rejection of our non islamic societies.

This is evidence that I was indeed right.

What the hell? This is evidence that you were wrong! The alleged-Bin-Laden-on-tape specifically cited instances of meddling in the middle east.

Last edited:
Does anyone else roll their eyes whenever "Bin Laden" claims something on a new audio tape? I mean, come on, what reason do we even have to believe that these tapes are real? Immediately after 9/11, he was a huge publicity hound, appearing on video as often as he could...then the videos suddenly stopped in December 2001 with no explanation. Since then, there has only been a single video of Bin Laden (who acted very differently than Bin Laden c. 2001) and some audio tapes.

I think the most plausible explanation is that Bin Laden has been dead or incapacitated for years, and whoever makes these audio tapes is a phony.

Does anyone else roll their eyes whenever "Bin Laden" claims something on a new audio tape? I mean, come on, what reason do we even have to believe that these tapes are real? Immediately after 9/11, he was a huge publicity hound, appearing on video as often as he could...then the videos suddenly stopped in December 2001 with no explanation. Since then, there has only been a single video of Bin Laden (who acted very differently than Bin Laden c. 2001) and some audio tapes.

I think the most plausible explanation is that Bin Laden has been dead or incapacitated for years, and whoever makes these audio tapes is a phony.

UBL has been dead for years. IMO, he was killed at Tora Bora, or died later of wounds he received in that battle.

Laden is DEAD, people. It's a done deal

But if anyone wants to consult a medium to speak to a dead spirit using a ouija board and seance....be my guest.

Laden is dead. Nothing is going revive that mother****er

Like the middle east being under occupation for 2 centuries?

Wow -- it only took one post.

I thought it would take longer.

I think he's dead as well, btw, who do you think is making the tapes.

What the hell? This is evidence that you were wrong! The alleged-Bin-Laden-on-tape specifically cited instances of meddling in the middle east.

France's?

Did you not pay attention to the whole "oppression" garbage?

Well, the French are in Afghanistan. However, if anyone is deluded enough to think that fundamentalist pan-Islamists would let bygones be bygones if they were left to their own devices...

France's?

Did you not pay attention to the whole "oppression" garbage?

Dude, France and England have been screwing around in the middle east a lot longer than we have. The French have troops in Afghanistan, and the French aren't exactly friendly to Muslims in their country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom