• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Billo Slavesplaining

Oh please. :roll: You never experienced either so don't pretend to think that one is worse than another. Because you have NO frame of reference to go by.

You don't have to experience something in order to contrast and compare the two options. You're entire argument is faulty and silly. It's like saying you can't compare two houses because you haven't lived in them even though I just gave you all the info on both houses with a bunch of pertinent information.

I guess Michelle Obama's mentioning of slaves building the White House has the Right Wing babbermouth is a tizzy. So much so that he decided to brag about slaves being well fed and housed. These people are off the hook.

Bill O'Reilly Scolds Michelle Obama: 'Slaves Had It Good Building The White House' | Crooks and Liars

Warning! Be very careful when reading. Be sure you don't have a mouthful of coffee because it is sure to fly out of your pie-hole and make a big mess of your computer screen.
Bill O is a class 'A' bigot, and a disservice to principled conservatives.

Apparently this is an example of what his ilk mean by "returning to the original meaning" of the Constitution! :doh

No wonder his wife left him & his kids don't want him! The American public would be well served to do likewise!

Yep I have. When you're able to show how such can be done then feel free to educate everyone on how to do it. I bet you'd make millions.

And in order to have empathy you must have a frame of reference to go by. Something he doesn't have. You can have sympathy. But not empathy. And without empathy you cannot know what something is like. That is what "walking a mile in someone's shoes" is all about. Being able to, even briefly, experience something that another person has gone through.

I perfectly understand the way a discussion works.
Apparently not.
You seem to think that a speech, written by others, and read off a teleprompter for prime time TV consumption reflects the woman's true views and feelings.

I never said anything about her true feelings. When someone pointed out that the speech was divisive because it mentioned slavery as a wedge rather than to say how great we are for overcoming it, I pointed out the area of the speech that pointed out how great we are for overcoming it. Again, I was discussing the speech.

But don't let reality get in your way. Go ahead and derail the thread and tell me all about how she hates the country because of one line she said off the cuff 8 years ago. :peace

You're actually trying to equate a voluntary immigrant to a captive slave, probably born in captivity and treated like property his/her entire life, with no hope of getting out of it short of death. Really?

And you're assuming that Chinese weren't treated the same? How they were treated just like slaves? Forced to work and then die at the end of a job? Puhleeze. Blacks are not the only group out there that had a crappy beginning here in the US. A crappy beginning that was filled with just as much misery.

Yep I have. When you're able to show how such can be done then feel free to educate everyone on how to do it. I bet you'd make millions.

And in order to have empathy you must have a frame of reference to go by. Something he doesn't have. You can have sympathy. But not empathy. And without empathy you cannot know what something is like. That is what "walking a mile in someone's shoes" is all about. Being able to, even briefly, experience something that another person has gone through.

Perhaps a good start for you would be reading the article I linked to.

I don't know. I'm white. So, I can't relate to the black experience in America.
Thats kind of like you taking on the role of Bill O Reilly...they arent slaves...they have never been slaves...so they cant really relate to slaves.

Slavery sucked. Now what?

His post wasn't ridiculous. Yours was.

Yes, his post was ridiculous. Last I knew slavery is still being taught about in schools across America. Hell I can't go through a single day on this forum where slavery isn't mentioned by both black members and white members. It's not being ignored nor are whites wanting to ignore it. To claim otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, his post was ridiculous. Last I knew slavery is still being taught about in schools across America. Hell I can't go through a single day on this forum where slavery isn't mentioned by both black members and white members. It's not being ignored nor are whites wanting to ignore it. To claim otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, it's not like the Right had a cow because Michelle mentioned that the White House was built by slaves. Oh, wait....

You don't have to experience something in order to contrast and compare the two options. You're entire argument is faulty and silly. It's like saying you can't compare two houses because you haven't lived in them even though I just gave you all the info on both houses with a bunch of pertinent information.

If you gave all the pertinent info then that would include maybe even visiting those houses? That's enough to be able to contrast and compare the two. IE: you experienced a small part of each house. Neither Calamity, you or I have ever experienced anything having to do with slavery or how the Irish or Chinese were treated in even a slight way. All that you can do is say X is/was bad! Just how bad? That is completely subjective and cannot be ascertained by simply knowing about it. Only experience can show you which is worse or if they are just as bad as each other. Tell me, which is worse? Small Cell Lung Cancer or Brain Cancer? You of course cannot tell me unless you've gone through them. You can have sympathy. But never empathy unless you go through it.

I guess Michelle Obama's mentioning of slaves building the White House has the Right Wing babbermouth is a tizzy. So much so that he decided to brag about slaves being well fed and housed. These people are off the hook.

Bill O'Reilly Scolds Michelle Obama: 'Slaves Had It Good Building The White House' | Crooks and Liars

Warning! Be very careful when reading. Be sure you don't have a mouthful of coffee because it is sure to fly out of your pie-hole and make a big mess of your computer screen.

Why do liberals and others have such a hard time believing the Truth? For many, not all, slavery wasn't that bad, they were treated well by many owners, some were privy to the owners bed, ate well, and had it good.

O'Reilly is Right and Michelle is a racist Black.....just like her husband!

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not like the Right had a cow because Michelle mentioned that the White House was built by slaves. Oh, wait....

So far the only people that I know of that has had a cow was Bill O'Reilly and liberals that apparently hate him, or at the very least dislike him, and yet always seem to know/hear what stupid crap he says. So don't know why you say "the Right" like everyone on the Right is having a cow. Because they're not.

Why do liberals and others have such a hard time believing the Truth?

It's the lies they have trouble believing. Why liberals and others can't be more like you escapes me.

If you gave all the pertinent info then that would include maybe even visiting those houses? That's enough to be able to contrast and compare the two. IE: you experienced a small part of each house. Neither Calamity, you or I have ever experienced anything having to do with slavery or how the Irish or Chinese were treated in even a slight way. All that you can do is say X is/was bad! Just how bad? That is completely subjective and cannot be ascertained by simply knowing about it. Only experience can show you which is worse or if they are just as bad as each other. Tell me, which is worse? Small Cell Lung Cancer or Brain Cancer? You of course cannot tell me unless you've gone through them. You can have sympathy. But never empathy unless you go through it.

Even without visiting you are able to contrast and compare. I didn't even read the rest since you obviously don't get what you are being told when you go right into "maybe visit them?" You're argument seems to be you can't compare things unless you have a direct experience. That's just wrong. And obviously so.

Even without visiting you are able to contrast and compare. I didn't even read the rest since you obviously don't get what you are being told when you go right into "maybe visit them?" You're argument seems to be you can't compare things unless you have a direct experience. That's just wrong. And obviously so.

:shrug: You should have read further. Oh well. If you don't want to read everything then its not worth my time to respond.

And you're assuming that Chinese weren't treated the same? How they were treated just like slaves? Forced to work and then die at the end of a job? Puhleeze. Blacks are not the only group out there that had a crappy beginning here in the US. A crappy beginning that was filled with just as much misery.

Sure, lots of groups including poor whites (e.g. coal miners up the road from me) were treated in ways we can't imagine in 2016, but there just is NO comparison between the Chinese or any other group and the centuries of first slavery then state mandated oppression of blacks.

So far the only people that I know of that has had a cow was Bill O'Reilly and liberals that apparently hate him, or at the very least dislike him, and yet always seem to know/hear what stupid crap he says. So don't know why you say "the Right" like everyone on the Right is having a cow. Because they're not.

:roll:

You Won't Believe The Most INSANE Right-Wing Reaction To Michelle's DNC Speech

It got so bad, Ben Carson had to lecture Fox guy on it.

https://mediamatters.org/video/2016...chelle-obamas-dnc-remarks-race-baiting/211909

I take it you're not a descendant of American slaves?

Although I concur that reminding people that they are descendants of slaves is a bit like reminding someone they were screwed in a business deal ten years ago, it's still germane to the conversation about race.
I see. So then it is still germane to point out what Bill O'Reilly did.
Just as it is still germane who originally sold their ancestors into slavery in the first place.
Just as it is germane to point out that slavery was the accepted practice at the time and that the labor of the slave belonged to the owner, not the slave.

Correct. And, what the problem is, from my perspective, is that a lot of white people would rather just bury that whole "slave thing" and pretend it never happened. Well, it did happen. And, the scars are still there, obviously.
Being a descendant of a slave is a scar? Bs.
Funny how they are not scarred by their own practicing slavery in Africa and the US or for selling their kin into slavery in the first place.

Why do liberals and others have such a hard time believing the Truth? For many, not all, slavery wasn't that bad, they were treated well by many owners, some were privy to the owners bed, ate well, and had it good.

O'Reilly is Right and Michelle is a racist Black.....just like her husband!

Another example of Poe's Law in the real world.

"privy to the owners bed" - seriously? I mean, their kids if any could be and often were sold off like cattle to the highest bidder, but they got to f*** the master, so it's all good!

Do you really have no idea of the difference between slavery and voluntary migrants? I mean, seriously, you don;t have to actually be a slave to know it must have sucked worse than being an Irishman building a life here after fleeing a potato famine. Sheesh.

Yes yes, and don't forget how the Irish were treated, the Chinese were treated, the Italians were treated etc etc etc. Funny how you don't hear much about those things now a days. All that you ever hear now a days is about how whitey has held the black man down and how racist whites are. So much so that the word "racist" is used against every white person out there all while pretending that racism can only happen if one is in power. Totally ignoring the action definition of "racist".

You are confusing racism with bigotry. Blacks were considered inferior, and were treated as property. The Chinese, Irish, Italians, etc... were not.

I see. So then it is still germane to point out what Bill O'Reilly did.
Just as it is still germane who originally sold their ancestors into slavery in the first place.
Just as it is germane to point out that slavery was the accepted practice at the time and that the labor of the slave belonged to the owner, not the slave.

Being a descendant of a slave is a scar? Bs.
Funny how they are not scarred by their own practicing slavery in Africa and the US or for selling their kin into slavery in the first place.

They could take that up with Africans if they lived there. But, since they live here, they take it up with us. But, I would never expect you to get it. In fact, if you had, I would have been so stunned that I'd fall out of my chair.

You are confusing racism with bigotry. Blacks were considered inferior, and were treated as property. The Chinese, Irish, Italians, etc... were not.

Meh...what's a breeding program and baby auction compared to being called names? Chinese had it bad too, ya know.

Back
Top Bottom