• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Billionaire megadonor Mercer cuts back on support for GOP after being scrutinized for backing Trump

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/21/rob...support-after-scrutiny-for-backing-trump.html

KEY POINTS:

Republican megadonor Robert Mercer was one of President Trump’s biggest backers in 2016.

Yet people close to Mercer say he’s “disappeared” and he’s no longer playing as big a role in supporting the Republican Party as he used to.

“He’s out,” said a former associate of Mercer. “He’s not going to play any major role going forward.”

Republican megadonor and former Breitbart News investor Robert Mercer has all but vanished from the political donor scene after being one of President Donald Trump’s leading supporters during his run for president in 2016.
===============================================
Mercer made no political contributions in 2018 but it is not clear if that includes the rest of his family.

Republicans looking for financial aid leading up to 2020 are worried as a result.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/21/rob...support-after-scrutiny-for-backing-trump.html

KEY POINTS:

Republican megadonor Robert Mercer was one of President Trump’s biggest backers in 2016.

Yet people close to Mercer say he’s “disappeared” and he’s no longer playing as big a role in supporting the Republican Party as he used to.

“He’s out,” said a former associate of Mercer. “He’s not going to play any major role going forward.”

Republican megadonor and former Breitbart News investor Robert Mercer has all but vanished from the political donor scene after being one of President Donald Trump’s leading supporters during his run for president in 2016.
Mercer made no political contributions in 2018 but it is not clear if that includes the rest of his family.

Republicans looking for financial aid leading up to 2020 are worried as a result.

"He's out," said a former associate of Mercer. "He's not going to play any major role going forward. They're tired of the attacks from the Democrats and the media constantly ganging up on them."

Looks like the multimedia echo chamber can add another notch to their media gun.

Damage already done, plus the man also has some serious personality issues.
Him and his partner, Arthur Robinson, maintain one of the largest collections of human urine on the planet.

No, Robinson is not a doctor, he's a chemist, a chemist with some rather bizarre beliefs, like the idea that nuclear radiation is good for you.

Yeah, a piss collector who wants everyone to get a little bit nuked and the father of a woman with one of the world's largest heads.

View attachment 67246547

Mercer collects machine guns. I understand he has the weapon that Das Arnold used in Predator.

Mercer collects machine guns. I understand he has the weapon that Das Arnold used in Predator.

Oh trust me, I know he probably has collections of just about anything his heart desires. Yes, I remember something about machine guns, too.

So much for freedom and liberty.

Doesn't mean they are not effective.

The truth usually is very effective with most people. That is something you guys seem to forget. It's a fatal flaw I'm afraid.

KEY POINTS:

isn't this the guy who put kellyanne conway and steve bannon within tRump's inner circle
and the owner of cambridge analytica

read this and see how that company was involved in the tRump campaign:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/cambridge-analyticas-real-role-in-trumps-dark-facebook-campaign

KEY POINTS:

Red:
Seems rather alarmist to worry now, for there's a lot of time between now and then and it only takes a few minutes to send a wire/ACH.

KEY POINTS:

My favorite part of that article was this quote from Mercer: "Of the many mischaracterizations made of me by the press, the most repugnant to me have been the intimations that I am a white supremacist or a member of some other noxious group."

Yeah, boo f'ing hoo. He's not a white supremacist, just a white nationalist, and the practical difference there is.....nothing! Or at least he funded white nationalists/supremacists including what Bannon told us was the go-to site for the alt-right. And besides, it's not fair to attribute views he FUNDS to him!

**** that guy.

E.g. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...nd-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism#.inq1rVA0D

KEY POINTS:

OK you heard it here..... The republicans won't be getting any money for 2020 elections. "people" close to him said he has "disappeared" Scary scary stuff!!

More bull crap.....

Mercer is not contributing quite as much to the 2018 midterm effort, but at about $6 million he is still among the 15 biggest donors to conservatives in this election cycle.

How many other people gave 6 million??
https://qz.com/1451236/robert-mercer-trumps-biggest-donor-is-at-it-again-in-2018/

The truth usually is very effective with most people. That is something you guys seem to forget. It's a fatal flaw I'm afraid.

It certainly used to be that way. Now...with TDS...not so much.

My favorite part of that article was this quote from Mercer: "Of the many mischaracterizations made of me by the press, the most repugnant to me have been the intimations that I am a white supremacist or a member of some other noxious group."

Yeah, boo f'ing hoo. He's not a white supremacist, just a white nationalist, and the practical difference there is.....nothing! Or at least he funded white nationalists/supremacists including what Bannon told us was the go-to site for the alt-right. And besides, it's not fair to attribute views he FUNDS to him!

**** that guy.

E.g. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...nd-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism#.inq1rVA0D

agreed. bannon - a certain nationalist - was mercer's designated proxy within the tRump camp

Oh trust me, I know he probably has collections of just about anything his heart desires. Yes, I remember something about machine guns, too.

Comedian Buddy Hackett--had one of the best gun collections in the world even though he sold off a fair amount of it, in his later years of life

Back
Top Bottom