• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Billionaire Ken Griffin hopes ‘three-time’ loser Trump steps aside

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

We're all about to witness some very ugly days within the Republican party.

"The three losses Griffin referenced are Trump’s 2020 reelection defeat, the party’s loss of two Georgia Senate seats in January 2021 runoffs and this year’s midterms."

"The three losses Griffin referenced are Trump’s 2020 reelection defeat, the party’s loss of two Georgia Senate seats in January 2021 runoffs and this year’s midterms."
He's obviously one of the "elites" so he will be ignored by the unwashed MAGA masses.

He's obviously one of the "elites" so he will be ignored by the unwashed MAGA masses.
Which then means more of their Social Security checks will have to fill the void.

We all hope that he steps aside.

This obsession with him is wearing us out.

Yes, the New York Times and MSNBC need Trump so that they can keep their audiences, but if they look hard enough, they can find some other (Republican) target!

Yes, the New York Times and MSNBC need Trump so that they can keep their audiences, but if they look hard enough, they can find some other (Republican) target!
the cult certainly wants him to run again. and they don't appear to care if he burns the Republican party to the ground (which he will).

By slim a majority, the American people have chosen democracy over a dictatorship. If that doesn't freak you out, what will? I cannot imagine not having the rights assigned by the constitution. Yet, there are millions of people who both vote and think we'd be better off without them, they want to be told what to think. Those same people believe there is no room for open debate. We can laugh about Trump's candidacy but the reality is depending on how the economy is in 2024, he could win again. If that doesn't scare the sh*t out of you, it should. Crazy Kari Lake almost won in AZ, and she is nuttier than Trump.

But Trump-supporting media don't need Trump to keep their audiences?

The New York Times has prospered since before the Trump family ever came to America; and will prosper well after Trump is in the grave. They do not need Trump, and would be far better off without him. The same with NBC. Trump is just a blight on American society. We will ALL be better off once he is gone.

If you want a network that likely prospers because of Trump.... you can look to OAN or NewsMax. Those faux news sites would not have an audience save for the safe haven from the truth they provide MAGA people. FoxNews would also have to learn how to make a profit on truth as they have been operating substantially truth free for a decade.

The New York Times has prospered since before the Trump family ever came to America; and will prosper well after Trump is in the grave. They do not need Trump, and would be far better off without him. The same with NBC. Trump is just a blight on American society. We will ALL be better off once he is gone.

If you want a network that likely prospers because of Trump.... you can look to OAN or NewsMax. Those faux news sites would not have an audience save for the safe haven from the truth they provide MAGA people. FoxNews would also have to learn how to make a profit on truth as they have been operating substantially truth free for a decade.

Watch the Fox crowd.

If Murdoch lets trump off the hook, they’ll go from condemning to groveling.

They have a lot of experience at groveling.

They will print trump’s obituary.

Thanks for your views.

I may be mistaken, but I remember reading that the Times was close to bankruptcy until the Trump Phenomenon came along, and then its digital subscriptions soared as it became the leader of the media Resistance, and traumatized Democrats looked to it for daily comfort. As a journalist manque, I was fascinated to learn that its print edition front page always had 3 or 4 anti-Trump articles.

Then make it 5. Lost the popular vote in 2016 and the Congress in 2018.

By slim a majority, the American people have chosen democracy over a dictatorship. If that doesn't freak you out, what will? I cannot imagine not having the rights assigned by the constitution. Yet, there are millions of people who both vote and think we'd be better off without them, they want to be told what to think. Those same people believe there is no room for open debate. We can laugh about Trump's candidacy but the reality is depending on how the economy is in 2024, he could win again. If that doesn't scare the sh*t out of you, it should. Crazy Kari Lake almost won in AZ, and she is nuttier than Trump.
I'm always curious what you mean by 'rights'? Americans are not that free, and things won't change as institutions do not change less by force. Trump would never have been able to pull a dictatorship-role as he is too stupid and too old. Trump is way past his prime, if he was still in his forties-ok, he might have a chance. But today? Just not possible.

The two-party system makes sure the narrative is controlled and won't be accepting others.

Their quest for audiences is what GAVE us Trump in the first place.

Thanks for your views.

I may be mistaken, but I remember reading that the Times was close to bankruptcy until the Trump Phenomenon came along, and then its digital subscriptions soared as it became the leader of the media Resistance, and traumatized Democrats looked to it for daily comfort. As a journalist manque, I was fascinated to learn that its print edition front page always had 3 or 4 anti-Trump articles.
You are mistaken. I don't think you "read" any such thing, you heard Trump tell you that.

The Times has had year over year profitability since 2011, a single down year when they took a writeoff on a discontinued operation, but otherwise that NYT has been and continues to be a very healthy company.

Griffin is a hedge-fund piece of $hit who got run out of Illinois.

Thanks for your views.

You remember reading ?

Got a better cite ?

I'm always curious what you mean by 'rights'? Americans are not that free, and things won't change as institutions do not change less by force. Trump would never have been able to pull a dictatorship-role as he is too stupid and too old. Trump is way past his prime, if he was still in his forties-ok, he might have a chance. But today? Just not possible.

The two-party system makes sure the narrative is controlled and won't be accepting others.
Let me try and clear things up. Americans have a bill of rights;

"It spells out Americans’ rights in relation to their government. It guarantees civil rights and liberties to the individual—like freedom of speech, press, and religion. It sets rules for due process of law and reserves all powers not delegated to the Federal Government to the people or the States. And it specifies that “the enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

When you say Americans are not that free, I ask compared to whom? And what countries have more freedom? I can say almost anything about a politician and have no fear that I will face retaliation. I can open almost any type of business I want. I can write books stating opinions that a majority would disagree with. The list goes on and on. I can even start a 3rd political party if I want.

As for your narrative of the two-party system, I think it boils down to which way the plutocracy wants the winds to blow. There are two things that drive this country, money, and power. Nobody at the top of the pyramids wants less of anything, especially wealth, and a long drawn-out fight pitting Americans vs. Americans is ultimately bad for business. Things operate more smoothly for the elite when the public pays less attention to politics and more attention to sports. An informed public, even misled, is more dangerous to those in power than sheep gently grazing in a field, don't you think?

Thanks for your views.

I’m fairly certain that you are mistaken.

Their quest for audiences is what GAVE us Trump in the first place.

That’s just plain idiotic.

The Times and MSNBC weren’t the ones who sang the trump song for six years.

Trump did not give interviews to the Times or MSNBC. But he was on Fox constantly.

That was Fox and right wing talk radio. Bolstered by the Russians and a bunch of guys on YouTube.

Newsmax and OAN wouldn’t exist without Trump and may not live long after him.

Reporting on a buffoonish candidate who went on to foment an insurrection, is not promotion.

Fox did the promotion.

That’s just plain idiotic.

The Times and MSNBC weren’t the ones who sang the trump song for six years.

Trump did not give interviews to the Times or MSNBC. But he was on Fox constantly.

That was Fox and right wing talk radio. Bolstered by the Russians and a bunch of guys on YouTube.

Newsmax and OAN wouldn’t exist without Trump and may not live long after him.

Reporting on a buffoonish candidate who went on to foment an insurrection, is not promotion.

Fox did the promotion.
Reporting on a buffoonish candidate is what Dems spent millions on this primary season, in the hopes of finding easy to beat opponents. Sometimes it backfires.

By slim a majority, the American people have chosen democracy over a dictatorship.

Stop pitching this tripe. Most Americans aren’t stupid enough to believe it, and it looks silly. No dictator in history has ever tried to ensure that the citizenry could possess firearms. In fact, the first thing dictators try to do is disarm the public. They also limit free speech and “cancel” people who espouse opinions they don’t agree with or want aired in public. Stalin and Mao made “canceling” people into an art form. Since many Democrats support these things, if anyone’s a threat to democracy it’s them.

Back
Top Bottom