• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill Whittle: Family Guy Programming Young People to Hate GOP

No, not like that at all. Family Guy is intended to be a comedy whereas the Bill Whittle videos posted are intended to be informative.

I think most left leaning people would prefer programs like Family Guy. It's another reason why Barrack Obama said that Americans would be considered juveniles until they are 26. He knows his audience.

So besides a gratuitous jab at Libbos, what's your point?

So besides a gratuitous jab at Libbos, what's your point?

You can read it in the first line of the post and then the explanation why this is the case.

It's not a gratuitous jab either. The US President feels the same way about his followers as I do.

You can read it in the first line of the post and then the explanation why this is the case.

It's not a gratuitous jab either. The US President feels the same way about his followers as I do.

That wasn't an explanation. People not watching things that don't confirm their pre-existing biases is no different than people who don't watch TV shows or movies that they think are "anti-Republican." It's also no different from people who decide that they're not going to watch the MSM anymore, only Fox.

Little more advanced than "cartoon".

Yrs, it was an animated but it still falls into the cartoon category. Because the message was satisfactory to the Hollywood mindset it garnered a great more attention than it should have, and was looked upon as a more 'serious' cartoon..

That wasn't an explanation. People not watching things that don't confirm their pre-existing biases is no different than people who don't watch TV shows or movies that they think are "anti-Republican." It's also no different from people who decide that they're not going to watch the MSM anymore, only Fox.

It's already been explained that these videos are designed to educate and are not TV shows or movies. I'd be happy to watch any program that was designed to legitimately inform.

It's already been explained that these videos are designed to educate and are not TV shows or movies. I'd be happy to watch any program that was designed to legitimately inform.

"An Inconvenient Truth?"

Despite it being mittens and we all know he would be embracing the NSA BS, that was actually a funny joke by him. It was human, it gave me a chuckle, it didn't blame one side, it mocked our crazy main stream media, and i was not aware Mitt could actually tell a joke properly that regular people could get. Mittens was one of the examples of republicans who normally tell jokes so partisan and focussed on a specific audience that his humor is much more than uncomfortable even in his own party, but that was pretty good.

I've alway felt this guy was full of it, now I am positive. See the video at the link below.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-01-at-3.56.58-PM.png

Conservative blogger and screenwriter Bill Whittle called out the show Family Guy as a symptom of America’s decadent liberalism, and said that conservatives needed to regain the power of narrative in order to win elections.

At the RightOnline Conference in Orlando this weekend, Whittle charted the decline of American muscular values through the history of television.

“Any audience of people that grew up with classical Superman automatically love this country, because Superman is about the best America we can be,” he said. “When Superman was all over the pop culture, we were a nation that loved this country. Now, twenty years after the peak of Superman‘s popularity, along comes Gilligan’s Island. That’s pretty neutral in terms of politics. Really about the only message you can get from Gilligan’s Island is if you want to get off the island all you have to do is kill Gilligan.”*

“But if you’re a young person out there today and you can finish the theme song from Family Guy, then all the anti-American, anti-capitalist, anti-Christian, anti-morality messages of Family Guy are in your head as completely and thoroughly as that theme song is,” Whittle said.

He argued that conservative electoral success was tied to the ability to successfully weave narratives around conservative beliefs. “You’re programmed by the pop culture, you’re programed by story,” he said. “It’s all about stories, and if we’re the villain in all of the stories that are told we’re never going to win another election again.”

Bill Whittle: 'Family Guy' Programming Youth Against GOP | Mediaite
Conservatives are always whining about the mainstream media. It's their boogeyman.

If people think they are not getting the complete picture from one or two sources than it should be their responsibility to search around in order to get a more balanced approach to whats happening. Whittle's videos, in part, concern the Tea Party, perhaps the most maligned and misunderstood democratic movement in American history. But how many Democrats are sincerely interested in moving beyond the propaganda they've absorbed through the MSM? Probably not too many.

Why not give this Whittle video just 12 minutes and give a review? Bill Whittle on The Narrative: The origins of Political Correctness - YouTube

I refuse to watch "Family Guy" until they make an episode where Brian does Lois.....doggy style

Family Guy has an entire episode in which they basically show Rush Limbaugh as a level headed person and Bryan (a Democrat) as an extremist. I wish people actually watched the show.

That was the third time Limbaugh actually appeared on the show as well in some fashion I believe.

I rather enjoyed him on the radio talking about how the liberals are trying to convince us Hoth is melting ;)

A cartoon called Avatar almost won an Oscar a few years ago.

Umm, the Avatar capable of winning an Oscar in no way shape or form is a cartoon.

That said...

Avatar the Cartoon > Avatar the movie

Umm, the Avatar capable of winning an Oscar in no way shape or form is a cartoon.

That said...Avatar the Cartoon > Avatar the movie
Yeah, a feature length cartoon for the 'young adult'.

I've alway felt this guy was full of it, now I am positive. See the video at the link below.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-01-at-3.56.58-PM.png

Conservative blogger and screenwriter Bill Whittle called out the show Family Guy as a symptom of America’s decadent liberalism, and said that conservatives needed to regain the power of narrative in order to win elections.

At the RightOnline Conference in Orlando this weekend, Whittle charted the decline of American muscular values through the history of television.

“Any audience of people that grew up with classical Superman automatically love this country, because Superman is about the best America we can be,” he said. “When Superman was all over the pop culture, we were a nation that loved this country. Now, twenty years after the peak of Superman‘s popularity, along comes Gilligan’s Island. That’s pretty neutral in terms of politics. Really about the only message you can get from Gilligan’s Island is if you want to get off the island all you have to do is kill Gilligan.”*

“But if you’re a young person out there today and you can finish the theme song from Family Guy, then all the anti-American, anti-capitalist, anti-Christian, anti-morality messages of Family Guy are in your head as completely and thoroughly as that theme song is,” Whittle said.

He argued that conservative electoral success was tied to the ability to successfully weave narratives around conservative beliefs. “You’re programmed by the pop culture, you’re programed by story,” he said. “It’s all about stories, and if we’re the villain in all of the stories that are told we’re never going to win another election again.”

Bill Whittle: 'Family Guy' Programming Youth Against GOP | Mediaite
Too much talking; not enough doing. Time to get off our collective asses and get to work.

Back
Top Bottom