• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill to protect Mueller blocked by Senate

Jredbaron96

Gen 4:10
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/416746-bill-to-protect-mueller-blocked-in-senate

Legislation protecting special counsel*Robert Mueller*from being fired was blocked in the Senate on Wednesday.

Sen.*Jeff Flake*(R-Ariz.) asked for consent to bring the legislation, which has stalled after being passed*in the Judiciary Committee in April, to the Senate floor for a vote.

Senate Majority Leader*Mitch McConnell*(R-Ky.) blocked his request.

Mitch McConnell, like Nancy Pelosi, is one of the worst things to ever happen to our Legislature. The epitome of party over country.

I would be curious about the *exact* wording of the bill.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/416746-bill-to-protect-mueller-blocked-in-senate

Mitch McConnell, like Nancy Pelosi, is one of the worst things to ever happen to our Legislature. The epitome of party over country.

Why do you conclude that Nancy Pelosi is bad for Congress? It seems to me that you have bought into Republican propaganda -- and that is genuinely pathetic to read. Republicans hate Pelosi because she is effective -- being able to bring together her coalition to pass Democratic legislation. There seems to be a high level of buy-in to Republican anti-Pelosi messaging among her detractors. It's a knee-jerk response by Republicans to hate Pelosi but I am sure you will find it difficult for you to name anything that proves "party over country."

At a time of crucial conflict, when every level of institutional power is needed to push back against a madman, the job of House Speaker is best occupied by someone who's never done it before!

Two fold.

They obviously want to leave the door open for Muellers dismissal in case things get too hot.

On the other hand, possibly for McConnell, it's not worth the headache, hopefully Trump wouldn't be THAT stupid as to dismiss Mueller, but for McConnell, is it worth riling up Trump against him on the relatively small chance he's actually stupid enough to fire Mueller?

Because of McConnell allows it to go to the floor, Trump will **** several bricks of fake gold all over McConnells head, McConnell should have enough backbone to do it, don't get me wrong, certainly not an excuse, but a possible explanation at least.

It'll be nice when the Flake goes home for Christmas...and never comes back.

Good riddance.

More evidence of you once again railing against those that would go against your dear leader Trump and not have a individual mind instead of the "toe the line" mentality you want all Republicans to do.

You have once again proved my point about your comments and that you hate free thinking.

Any "special counsel" with almost unlimited range should be able to fired pretty easily. This is just more partisan nuttery by liberals. If the shoe were on the other foot no reasonable person would think that liberals would be going Kavanaugh on any special counsel.

He acted against the Dear Leader!

Hail Trump!

Hail The Dear Leader!

He acts against the American people and against the very people who elected him.

More evidence of you once again railing against those that would go against your dear leader Trump and not have a individual mind instead of the "toe the line" mentality you want all Republicans to do.

You have once again proved my point about your comments and that you hate free thinking.

He acts against the American people and against the very people who elected him

That Sen. Flake will vote no for any GOP judicial nomination between now and January is huge.

He acts against the American people and against the very people who elected him.

I could never have such zealotry for a politician, as you do for Trump.

But you will discard him as soon as quickly as you supported him when the GOP has a different candidate or president, you support what and whoever you're told to support.

WOW! a tsunami of irony!
Your blather sounds JUST LIKE the continual effluvia spewing from the mouths of every other liberal mental midget. (Don't think your claim to lean "independent" is fooling anyone"}.

But you will discard him as soon as quickly as you supported him when the GOP has a different candidate or president, you support what and whoever you're told to support.

I pity you. You have Trump-on-the-brain. Even when someone refers to another person entirely, you think "Trump".

Moving on...

That Sen. Flake will vote no for any GOP judicial nomination between now and January is huge.

No it isn't.

Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Year.

Congress isn't going to do much until the NEXT Congress is sworn in...and Flake won't be there.

I don't recall any professional journalist citing chills running down there legs when Trump spoke. Nor anyone renaming schools and streets for Trump before he actually took office. Sorry, when it comes to zealotry and hero worship you guys on the left are quantum levels beyond the right.

No it isn't.

Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Year.

Congress isn't going to do much until the NEXT Congress is sworn in...and Flake won't be there.

You hope. Deal with it.

I don't recall any professional journalist citing chills running down there legs when Trump spoke. Nor anyone renaming schools and streets for Trump before he actually took office. Sorry, when it comes to zealotry and hero worship you guys on the left are quantum levels beyond the right.

Bringing up a single thing Chris Matthews said what, more than 10 years ago?

Is my name Chris Matthews?

And while we're on the subject, I wouldn't name a toilet stall in the worst dive bar on Earth after Trump, let alone a street or school.

Bringing up a single thing Chris Matthews said what, more than 10 years ago?

Is my name Chris Matthews?

And while we're on the subject, I wouldn't name a toilet stall in the worst dive bar on Earth after Trump, let alone a street or school.
You were blathering on about zealotry, pointing out extreme zealotry on the left is appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom