• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bill O'Reilly threatened a caller

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I cannot believe what I am hearing. Last night Keith Olbermann covered this story. If anyone has watched Keith Olbermann, you cannot help but like him because he is a funny guy. He addresses serious issues, while at the same time, addresses bizarre stories and other non-serious issues.

During his show, he makes a determination as to the three worst people in the world. Apparently, O'Reilly had made it to the top of the list on several occasions as of late. During O'Reilly's radio show on March 2, 2006, some guy called in and mentioned "Keith Olbermann." He was immediately cut off, and then O'Reilly proceeded to tell the guy that they had his phone number and would be turning it over to Fox security, who would then contact his local police and that he would receive a visit from them.

I beg you to click on this link so you can hear the exchange. Has O'Reilly lost his mind?

http://mediamatters.org/items/200603030010

O'Reilly can dish it out, but he can't take it (and the person wasn't threatening him). If I were the caller, I would bring forth a complaint that O'Reilly threatened me.

Here is an article about the "worst person in the world" findings that Olbermann made.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200602240005

Last edited:
O'Reilly has his own police force so WATCH OUT! You better not say the "O" word on his show or he'll sick Alan Comes on you, after Alan is done cleaning up the bathrooms in the studio. :roll:

O'Reilly is losing it. Even Shepard Smith is making fun of him.

Does anyone take this guy seriously?

My buddy Deegan likes him. Says he is pretty fair and balanced and more "moderate" than people realize....

I typed that whole paragraph with a straight face.....

But I am now about to lose it......

:rofl

This whole thing happened on O'Really's radio show,"The Radio Craptor" which is on Westwood One. What would the Faux Police have to do with it?

Developing...:roll:

foxcop.jpg

I'm preparing for a visit from the O'Really police. Loofahs at twelve o'clock!

oreilly_loofah_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
It is obvious from listening to the clip that they used the 7 second delay to cut what ever the guy said after the transcript stops, even E.D. behaved in her comments as if the guy said something which could not go out over the airwaves.

Stinger said:
It is obvious from listening to the clip that they used the 7 second delay to cut what ever the guy said after the transcript stops, even E.D. behaved in her comments as if the guy said something which could not go out over the airwaves.

That is possible, but I doubt it. Bill O'Reilly is trying to get Olbermann fired from MSNBC. I am guessing that the minute he hears Olbermann's name, he goes nuts. That's what I might do if someone said "Stinger" to me. ;)

:lol:

Look, Stinger, face it. He is a nutjob.

aps said:
That is possible, but I doubt it. Bill O'Reilly is trying to get Olbermann fired from MSNBC. I am guessing that the minute he hears Olbermann's name, he goes nuts. That's what I might do if someone said "Stinger" to me. ;)

What are you talking about it's obvious just from listening to it that what ever the guy said was cut out and I'm sure it was pretty radical for O'Reilly to have contacted the local authorities. It was probably a death threat or the like.

But hay we hate those little things called facts around here right? Though facts can change all the time my opinion will never change no matter what the facts are. Anyone can simply read the news to you I prefer those that feel the news at you. "Truthiness," and that's the word.

Stinger said:

Then find the full quote and post it, rather than just guess.

If I were O'Really I would release the full quote of the caller if that were the case. It certainly would make him look less ridiculous, if that's possible.

hipsterdufus said:

If I were O'Really I would release the full quote of the caller if that were the case. It certainly would make him look less ridiculous, if that's possible.

Why should he bother? He has the number one show, on the network that has the top nine news shows. Something tells me he isn't too concerned about someone overtaking his popularity.

Blue Collar Joe said:
Why should he bother? He has the number one show, on the network that has the top nine news shows. Something tells me he isn't too concerned about someone overtaking his popularity.

Unfortunately the majority of Americans seem to be weak and easily brainwashed. I am so glad I am not one of them.

aps said:

I don't doubt it at all, you just have to listen to it, his reaction to whatever was said but cut and E.D. Hills reaction to it. I think it is Obermann who is misleading the public due his obession with ORielly and the fact he thinks it's the only way he can even begin to THINK about coming close in the ratings.

:rofl if he was he wouldn't be where he's at.

hipsterdufus said:

The quote and the audio are at the cite the original poster provided. Anyone who has ever listened to radio for any length of time would clearly see it was cut during the tape delay. Just read the reactions from both ORielly and Hill, the guy said something offensive and was cut off.

He only looks ridiculous to those who jumped the gun, he probably could care less what you think and won't waste his time on Obermann. And there is probably not a tape, it was cut, the tape would have what went over the air.

aps said:
Unfortunately the majority of Americans seem to be weak and easily brainwashed. I am so glad I am not one of them.

But you have no problem insulting those who sit at your pedestal? Why do you think laying out such invectives proves your case? Let's see it has been explained to you how radio works and that tape delays are use, that blows the attempted attack on someone you hate so to even it out you throw out insults. Really high intellectual debate there.

hipsterdufus said:

Your first sentence is the exact reason why any conclusions shouldn't be made...No one knows the full text of what was said...

But what do we get?...A "guilty until proven innocent" thread...:(

cnredd said:
Your first sentence is the exact reason why any conclusions shouldn't be made...No one knows the full text of what was said...

I think the most compelling thing is E.D. Hill's response. She does NOT give Orielly any slack but clearly she was struck by something the guy said.

aps said:
I cannot believe what I am hearing. Last night Keith Olbermann covered this story. If anyone has watched Keith Olbermann, you cannot help but like him because he is a funny guy. He addresses serious issues, while at the same time, addresses bizarre stories and other non-serious issues.

During his show, he makes a determination as to the three worst people in the world. Apparently, O'Reilly had made it to the top of the list on several occasions as of late. During O'Reilly's radio show on March 2, 2006, some guy called in and mentioned "Keith Olbermann." He was immediately cut off, and then O'Reilly proceeded to tell the guy that they had his phone number and would be turning it over to Fox security, who would then contact his local police and that he would receive a visit from them.

I beg you to click on this link so you can hear the exchange. Has O'Reilly lost his mind?

O'Reilly can dish it out, but he can't take it (and the person wasn't threatening him). If I were the caller, I would bring forth a complaint that O'Reilly threatened me.

Here is an article about the "worst person in the world" findings that Olbermann made.

aps, I am no bigt Oreilly fan......I think he is a self promoter...You do know that he is in the same time frame with Oberman and is blowing him out of the water in the ratings.....

Maybe a little sour grapes on Keith's part????

cnredd said:

-With a furrowed brow- :confused:
What guilt or innocence is in doubt? Is someone saying he didn't threaten a caller?

Humor is where you find it.
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
what ever the guy said was cut out and I'm sure it was pretty radical for O'Reilly to have contacted the local authorities. It was probably a death threat or the like.

But hay we hate those little things called facts around here right?

I guess this is one area that he is well qualified in, he does have experience with authorities and visits for his 'untoward, obscene' phone calls to female producers. :rofl

LOL, if any of you had bothered to read the initial link, you would know this "Mike" fellow is actually a stalker who has made it his mission to disrupt the show, from the article.........

"The weblog Crooks & Liars noted that the caller apparently was blogger Mike Stark, who has suggested on his Calling All Wingnuts blog that he is engaged in a campaign to call in to The Radio Factor to irritate O'Reilly."

What a waste of all of our time, now who exactly has "lost it"?:rofl

Silly sheep, you're all just too easy!:roll:

aps said:

LOL, no, not you aps, you're so easy it's painful, but I still respect you, you are obviously just all wet for Olberwoman.:cool:

aps said:

You do know that Keith Olbermann and Bill O'Reilly are swarn enemies right?

Like I said he was cut off because of something he said that was lost in the delay system.

Deegan said:
LOL, if any of you had bothered to read the initial link, you would know this "Mike" fellow is actually a stalker who has made it his mission to disrupt the show, from the article.........

"The weblog Crooks & Liars noted that the caller apparently was blogger Mike Stark, who has suggested on his Calling All Wingnuts blog that he is engaged in a campaign to call in to The Radio Factor to irritate O'Reilly."

What a waste of all of our time, now who exactly has "lost it"?:rofl

Silly sheep, you're all just too easy!:roll:

LOL..Actually, I did follow it all the way back to a liberal blog called 'daily kos' and Mike said he didn't say anything out of line, but I didn't repeat it here because of the 'biased' source and the 'he said, she said' nature of the story.:lol: :cool:

aps said:

silly wabbit
tricks are for kids
what was said that would incur a visit from the authorities never went out on the air due to the 7 sec delay

and just why would O'Reilly, the #1 rated mand in cable news, with a hugely successful radio program, care in the least about a little, no ratings dweeb like olberman?
have you ever seen the ratings for MSNBC?
O'Reilly doesnt have to do anything to get them off the air
they are slitting their own throats with garbage programming

aps said:

And you listen to this Olberman fellow how often a week? You are one of his fifty listeners?
I didn't even know O'Reilly had a radio talk show. Best hurry along now. Mr. Dean is ringing the brainwash time chime again...

How many partisan slaves out there are whining about Bill O'Reilly's statement, but think that Iran has the soveriegn right to nuclear power despite their governments statements?:roll:

Back
Top Bottom