• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bill O'Reilly Predicts Possible Downfall of Bush Administraion

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Bill O'Reilly has made the statement that, if Karl Rove is indicted, the Bush administration will most likely fall. This was quite surprising, considering the fact that, until recently, O'Reilly was a staunch supporter of Bush. But like many other Conservatives, O'Reilly is in the process of abandoning the Bush ship of state. Could it be that, after years in office, Bush's lie about being Conservative is no longer working?

You can see it here in Quicktime format.

There will always be people who will back Bush no matter what. Even if Rove is indicted they'll chalk it up to some sort of liberal witch hunt.

scottyz said:
There will always be people who will back Bush no matter what. Even if Rove is indicted they'll chalk it up to some sort of liberal witch hunt.

Only the die-hards will, and their credibility is already beginning to die hard.

This should prove to everyone that Bill is not tied to this administration, and never has been. Sure he agreed with a lot of the policies, and most certainly is a Republican, but like myself, can see through the B.S coming from this W.H. I think many here owe Mr. O'Reilly an apology, and he never belonged in the group with the Limbaughs, Hannity's, and Coulters.

Deegan said:
This should prove to everyone that Bill is not tied to this administration, and never has been. Sure he agreed with a lot of the policies, and most certainly is a Republican, but like myself, can see through the B.S coming from this W.H. I think many here owe Mr. O'Reilly an apology, and he never belonged in the group with the Limbaughs, Hannity's, and Coulters.

I still have some issues with O'Reilly, but dont slam him as hard as I used to. I used to think he was just a hack, but about a year ago, I saw him do a very intelligent interview with Asa Hutchinson, and O'Reilly really grilled him about the administration's condoning of illegal immigration. He really cooked Hutchinson's goose in that interview. I have watched O'Reilly more often since then. And yes, you are right. He is not in the same box as Hannity, Coulter, and Limbaugh, although Ann slammed the crap out of Bush last Friday on Real Time with Bill Mahr. That surprised the crap out of me. Still, my favorite Conservative commentator is Mike Savage, who hosts Savage Nation. He calls em like he sees em without the spin. Doesnt matter if someone is Conservative or Liberal. If Savage sees him as a scumbag, he calls him out.

danarhea said:
I still have some issues with O'Reilly, but dont slam him as hard as I used to. I used to think he was just a hack, but about a year ago, I saw him do a very intelligent interview with Asa Hutchinson, and O'Reilly really grilled him about the administration's condoning of illegal immigration. He really cooked Hutchinson's goose in that interview. I have watched O'Reilly more often since then. And yes, you are right. He is not in the same box as Hannity, Coulter, and Limbaugh, although Ann slammed the crap out of Bush last Friday on Real Time with Bill Mahr. That surprised the crap out of me. Still, my favorite Conservative commentator is Mike Savage, who hosts Savage Nation. He calls em like he sees em without the spin. Doesnt matter if someone is Conservative or Liberal. If Savage sees him as a scumbag, he calls him out.
I said the same thing almost two months ago!...

Believe me...Coulter has been marginalized in my thoughts, too...Coulter, Hannity, Savage, and Limbaugh are not good examples of a quality American...Can't explain O'Reilly though...He's a lightweight compared to the other four...

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=70783&postcount=16

Deegan said:

I never thought O'Reilly was actually tied to the Bush administration because he's said at times he felt the War on Iraq is a failure and that people who agree with everything Bush has done are extremists. That's why I like O'Reilly cause he's more moderate than the others.

I agree with Galenrox on O'Reilly; hes not a bushie, but his ego is too big to accept anyone elses opinion.

Still, my favorite Conservative commentator is Mike Savage, who hosts Savage Nation. He calls em like he sees em without the spin. Doesnt matter if someone is Conservative or Liberal. If Savage sees him as a scumbag, he calls him out.

I hate that guy. He is a friggin racist. Hard to believe you actually listen to him.

O'Reilly is an independent. Hes more honest on the radio also.

But, Rove most likely wont be indicted, the courts are too easily swayed.

There is no justice in that system. Payoffs will be made, crimes will be let go. I guarantee.

I will be shocked if they actually allow the Iraq point man to go down for this. My jaw might fall off. The court system would actually function somewhat if this happened. But Im level headed enough to know it will never happen. Rove is safe.

TheHonestTruth said:
O'Reilly is an independent.
Actually, he registered as a Republican:
oreilly-voter-reg.jpg

^^^^

That looks fake as hell.

Where would you get his party registration form from? The internet...:roll:

TheHonestTruth said:
^^^^

That looks fake as hell.

Where would you get his party registration form from? The internet...:roll:

However, O'Reilly has acknowledged that from 1994 until December 2000, he was registered to vote as a Republican. He changed his voter registration from Republican to independent just as the Washington Post was preparing a story on his party affiliation. Now a registered independent, O'Reilly has said his previous affiliation was the result of a clerical mistake, and that no box for 'independent' was available on the registration form. [7] [8] [9] The actual form[10]has since been widely published, showing an option for those who 'do not wish to enroll in party' did indeed exist, and that the Republican option was checked. O'Reilly now claims that someone else checked "Republican" on his voting record.

I stand corrected.

Thanks for letting me know that.

The guy is blantantly bowing to the far right in many cases. But then he will also say some honest things like how Bush sucks on occassion.

The most honest thing Ive heard him say is that I quote "the reason why nothing gets done in Washington is because the corporations dont want anything that threatens them, and so nothing gets done for the folks unless it helps the big corporations."

So true.

Note how that was said on the radio factor. Fox is a big and corporate partisan brainwashing machine that wouldnt allow speech like that on the air.

shuamort said:
However, O'Reilly has acknowledged that from 1994 until December 2000, he was registered to vote as a Republican. He changed his voter registration from Republican to independent just as the Washington Post was preparing a story on his party affiliation. Now a registered independent, O'Reilly has said his previous affiliation was the result of a clerical mistake, and that no box for 'independent' was available on the registration form. [7] [8] [9] The actual form[10]has since been widely published, showing an option for those who 'do not wish to enroll in party' did indeed exist, and that the Republican option was checked. O'Reilly now claims that someone else checked "Republican" on his voting record.
IIRC he got mad as hell when he was revealed to be a Republican rather than a independent as he had claimed.

Back
Top Bottom