• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannitty are awesome news reporter

Ok wow this is alot to read and I dont have the time to read it all so I am just going to comment on the original post.

Now why in the sam hill did you even post that? That statement was nothing more than pissed off liberalism at its best. What objective thinking or ideology did you come up with this eratic, nonchalant, mind-bustering cluster of words?

No one is being brain washed by anyone. If you want to accuse anyone of brain washing go to the radical terrorists casue they are very good at it.

And while you are on your high-horse why did you forget Mike Savage, and Tony Snow, or Rick Roberts, Limbaugh, or Roger Hedgecock?

Yeah hey guys from his statemnt he would suggest that no one should listen to these Journalists!!! But I am sure he would have no objection to Mr. Alan Colmes or Micheal moore. Yeah these guys are the only true voice of good news or journalism.

God, where is the common sense in this world? Is it gone or has the political machine concocted so many peoples common sense gene pool? We need to stop thinking left or right or whose right and whose wrong. We need to just come together as one nation under God and combat against these terrorists and terminate there way of life.

Re: Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity are awesome news reporters

KansasMeg said:
Ugh. Hannity is the biggest cry-baby I've heard on conservative radio. We (conservatives) never get our side reported in the mainstream media, those liberals have taken over, blah blah blah. Come on, guy! You have your conservative pres, congress, etc. Why on earth do you think you've been short-handed?

And then there's Alan Colmes. He's got to be the weakest, squirliest liberal on the radio. But no shock there, he is paid by FOX News. What conservative media outlet would want a real lib on their airwaves?

But Bill O'Reilly...does anyone support him? I have yet to find one conservative who doesn't see him as arrogant and annoying.

I personally think Al Franken (Air America Radio) has a great show. Not all this yelling or whinning you get from the conservative talk-shows. Plus he takes truth-telling very seriously.

But if you want *news* from actual reporters try NPR.

Meg,

Love your signature! Alan Colmes doesn't even describe himself as a liberal. It's typical "balanced" fox shenanigans. Put people on the far right and balance them with wimps from the middle. Hmm...wonder which way that is going to turn out. It's like the Harlem Globetrotters vs. The Washington Senators. :mrgreen:

SKILMATIC said:
Yeah hey guys from his statemnt he would suggest that no one should listen to these Journalists!!! But I am sure he would have no objection to Mr. Alan Colmes or Micheal moore. Yeah these guys are the only true voice of good news or journalism.

I'll grant you that 2 hours of Fahrenheit 911 = 2 hours of Fox TV.
The problem is that Fox is on 24/7, spewing lie after lie after lie.

hipsterdufus said:

True dat.:2razz:

cnredd said:
Great post...."I only pick-and-choose points that I agree with from the "opposition"(in this case, Bill O'Reilly), but I discount every other point he makes because he's a right-wing conservative bastard"....pure genius.

And seeing how you're the only one here that comes close to calling me a "neo", I think you don't understand that you find me irritating NOT because I disagree with your posts, but because I have found that you debate like Stevie Wonder skeet-shoots....A whole lot of uncoordinated and inconceivable shots, with one or two lucky ones accidentally finding their target.

Discounting you is like shooting fish in a barrel.....a two-foot high barrel......with no water in it.....filled to the brim....with fish that are already dead......

Cnredd - I'm happy to call you a neo-con too if it makes you feel better. :mrgreen:

I have long since given up on "hate radio" and "in your face TV". It provides little value other than entertainment and can hardly be taken as serious commentary. The only real thing is the five minutes at the top of the hour or on the half hour when the headlines are given.

If you take those who claim conservative view points like O'Reilly, Hannity or Coulter, they have chosen to use base insults, name calling, shouting down opposing ideas anti-intellectualism and other bottom feeding tactics. On the other side of the aisle you have Matthews, Franken and Garafalo who try to accomplish the same thing by using shouting (always an attention getter), pseudo-intellectualism, personal degradation of a listener who does not share their view point 100 percent. Both sides love the ·smirk" and the "sneer" because they know that p¡sses off the viewer and that is exactlyñy what they want, derisiveness and division and outright hatred. All in all their commentary is usually juvenile and simplistic.

The truth is that both liberal and conservative thought have positive points that we can apply for the betterment of our society. If I want to know what real conservatism is I look to people like William Buckley or George Will. On the other hand the liberal case is well presented by writers like Robichaud or Von Hoffman. In my case I look at a situation and measure it by where I am (and others like me in a similar situation) in the society and choose from their. Maybe i am one of those swing voters or even a political opportunist (meaning i choose what's good for ME) but that's life. I certainly don't need charlatans and mountebanks from cable TV telling me what to think and i don't think anyone else on this forum does either.

Inuyasha said:
On the other hand the liberal case is well presented by writers like Robichaud or Von Hoffman.

Can you recomend some of Robichaud's and Von Hoffman's publications?

Freedom69 said:
"NOT"A lot you know if you think Bill Reilly or Sean Hannitty are news reporters they are not they are news commentators their is a huge difference.

I hate to hurt your little bittie feelings, I hope I didn't burst your bubble I know a lot of you think Bill & Sean are gods you think, they walk on water ,

They are just like talk show host on the radio a bunch of hot air nothing more

I willing to bet most of Bill & Sean's and fox die hard's never listen to the news ...........This is why it is so easy for FOX to brain wash a lot of you telling you they are fair and balanced "YA RIGHT"

OMG, Freedom, you are hilarious! I was coming in here to tell you that you don't know what the heck you are talking about. Seeing the "NOT," made me burst into laughter. LOL

My brother is a Fox person. I remember when I was visiting him and he told me he was going to watch the news program where it is labeled as "fair and unbalanced." I had never heard of this before. I told my brother that anyone who had to point out that they were fair and unbalanced was NOT.

Bill is a dirty-talking, phone sex manic. Hi. I'm Bill O and I'm married, but I am going to flirt with a co-worker and have phone sex with her. I am such a good conservative.

Sean is a loser on cruise control.

SKILMATIC said:
Ok wow this is alot to read and I dont have the time to read it all so I am just going to comment on the original post.

Now why in the sam hill did you even post that? That statement was nothing more than pissed off liberalism at its best. What objective thinking or ideology did you come up with this eratic, nonchalant, mind-bustering cluster of words?

No one is being brain washed by anyone. If you want to accuse anyone of brain washing go to the radical terrorists casue they are very good at it.

And while you are on your high-horse why did you forget Mike Savage, and Tony Snow, or Rick Roberts, Limbaugh, or Roger Hedgecock?

God, where is the common sense in this world? Is it gone or has the political machine concocted so many peoples common sense gene pool? We need to stop thinking left or right or whose right and whose wrong. We need to just come together as one nation under God and combat against these terrorists and terminate there way of life.

First of all, your last sentence makes way too much sense for this thread, please stop that.

Next, there is a bias involved in most reporting, even if unintended. Anybody who wants to keep up with current events should get their news from as many sources as possible. I watch ABC news, the News Hour on PBS, the BBC when I can, Fox news, Bloomberg, sometimes CNN, read the local newspaper, and get some news from websites with a reputable name. Can't do all of this every day, of course, but one can keep informed, and this knowledge enables one to separate the trash from the accurate.

There are a lot of people who rely on talk radio for their news, and this is a very bad source. Sean Hannity runs a three hour GOP commercial on the radio every day, and his show only preaches to the choir. I listen to him occasionally, but he's hard to take for more than a few minutes. Likewise, taking Michael Moore seriously is not smart. He's completely one-sided. These guys offer no solutions, they only widen the gap between the parties. Neal Boortz is the only radio personality I can take seriously, because he is somewhat more fair than the others. None of these people are news reporters, though. They are biased, egotistical celebrities.

hipsterdufus said:
Can you recomend some of Robichaud's and Von Hoffman's publications?

Von Hoffman is the author of several books. Check amazon.com for titles and reviews. He often appears in The Nation, The New Your Observer and the NY Book Review.

Robichaud is program director at The Century Foundation, a liberal think tank type organization and many of his articles appear there as well as in The Nation and other liberal magazines.

You can probably find a lot more details on these people than i can give here though a search engine like Google.

SKILMATIC said:
We need to stop thinking left or right or whose right and whose wrong. We need to just come together as one nation under God and combat against these terrorists and terminate there way of life.

Unfortunately, many liberals don't want "one nation under God."

hipsterdufus said:
Cnredd - I'm happy to call you a neo-con too if it makes you feel better. :mrgreen:
Why not?...You wouldn't be the first person to be wrong on this forum...

The Real McCoy said:
Unfortunately, many liberals don't want "one nation under God."

Perhaps this is true to a degree but not enough to really foul up the works. My son-in.law's grandfather, for example, is a very liberal thinker and at the same moment he is also a deacon in the Catholic church who rarely if ever misses Mass. Most of the liberals I know are good Christians however the majority are Catholics and this may possibly have something to do with it.

Inuyasha said:
Perhaps this is true to a degree but not enough to really foul up the works. My son-in.law's grandfather, for example, is a very liberal thinker and at the same moment he is also a deacon in the Catholic church who rarely if ever misses Mass. Most of the liberals I know are good Christians however the majority are Catholics and this may possibly have something to do with it.

Yeah, I think you're right. I think Catholics do tend to be more liberal than their fundamentalist Protestant counterparts. But then again, I heard once that we're also the most educated group. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Inuyasha said:
Von Hoffman is the author of several books. Check amazon.com for titles and reviews. He often appears in The Nation, The New Your Observer and the NY Book Review.

Robichaud is program director at The Century Foundation, a liberal think tank type organization and many of his articles appear there as well as in The Nation and other liberal magazines.

You can probably find a lot more details on these people than i can give here though a search engine like Google.

Thanks, I subscribe to the Nation, I'll have to keep a closer eye out for their names.

hipsterdufus said:

Fox is no more extreme than ABC, CBS, NBC, or CNN. Michael Moore is far more extreme than any of those.

If Fox were to come clean and say "we are a conservative news outlet.", or ABC came out anf honestly said "We indoesr the liberañ agenda." I would still watch both and more important I would have more respect fot them but all these people saying "We are fair and balanced." makes me sick. Just tell the F-ing truth once in a while.

If you want the truth, their will never me a non-biased news station. The person who produces and the people who write the news stories all have opinions. They may try to write fair but that will not happen. Instead of complaining about the biased news, just take the basic story and interpret it yourselves. I'm a conservative, but i understand some conservatives such as Rush and Ann Coulter do spew a lot of bull. Same goes with the liberal, such as Michael Moore and Al Franken.

George_Washington said:
Yeah, I think you're right. I think Catholics do tend to be more liberal than their fundamentalist Protestant counterparts. But then again, I heard once that we're also the most educated group. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Actually i think most Catholics are Republicans. Because most Catholics are strongly against abortion. And for many people abortion is an issue that will decide on their vote.

thapcballa said:
Actually i think most Catholics are Republicans. Because most Catholics are strongly against abortion. And for many people abortion is an issue that will decide on their vote.

Actually the opposite is true . The majority of Catholics are Democrat
54% voted Democart
46% voted Republican
http://www.americamagazine.org/reese/america/a-96el2.htm

Freedom69 said:
"NOT"A lot you know if you think Bill Reilly or Sean Hannitty are news reporters they are not they are news commentators their is a huge difference.

I hate to hurt your little bittie feelings, I hope I didn't burst your bubble I know a lot of you think Bill & Sean are gods you think, they walk on water ,

They are just like talk show host on the radio a bunch of hot air nothing more

I willing to bet most of Bill & Sean's and fox die hard's never listen to the news ...........This is why it is so easy for FOX to brain wash a lot of you telling you they are fair and balanced "YA RIGHT"

And Al Franken is a washed up comedian. :rofl

Shoey said:
And Al Franken is a washed up comedian. :rofl

I don't disagree but so is Bill Miller but what do either of them have to do with 69's commentary. "Hate radio " and "in your face TV" are ploy's used by both the left and the right to brainwash the sheeple. Figures like O'Reilly and Franken, Coulter and Garafalo are bad for this nation. They make money by preying on the politically naive and only serve to divide the nation more.

Inuyasha said:
I don't disagree but so is Bill Miller but what do either of them have to do with 69's commentary. "Hate radio " and "in your face TV" are ploy's used by both the left and the right to brainwash the sheeple. Figures like O'Reilly and Franken, Coulter and Garafalo are bad for this nation. They make money by preying on the politically naive and only serve to divide the nation more.

Figures like Combs and Micheal Moore are bad for this nation as well. I have to strongly disagree with on O'Reilly.

You certainly have a right to your opinion but please explain to me why you feel that O'Reilly is different than the rest of the cable news talking heads or more accurately, babbling brainless twits.

Today, with the Internet at out disposal, the only thing of any value on TV news is the first five minutes of the hour that gives the headlines, the real news. Commentators and analysts are really obsolete today as we have, through the Internet the same sources that they have with the exception of "inside the beltway" sources who have proved to be (Novak, Woodward, for example) more of a problem then anything else. The other thing is i want to be able to question, in the act, the comments made. So I have no need for the cable networks new "yellow journalism."

Back
Top Bottom