• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bill O’Reilly: Slaves who built White House were ‘well-fed’

As a reminder, the relevant passage:

Leaders like Hillary Clinton, who has
the guts and the grace to keep coming back and putting
those cracks in that highest and hardest glass ceiling
until she finally breaks through, lifting all of us along
with her.

That is the story of this country, the story that has
brought me to this stage tonight, the story of generations
of people who felt the lash of bondage, the shame of
servitude, the sting of segregation, but who kept on
striving and hoping and doing what needed to be done so
that today, I wake up every morning in a house that was
built by slaves -- and I watch my daughters –
- two beautiful, intelligent, black young women –- playing
with their dogs on the White House lawn. And
because of Hillary Clinton, my daughters –- and all our
sons and daughters -– now take for granted that a woman can
be President of the United States.

So, O'Reilly did a brief history lesson on this claim. His information was correct, but it was downright bizarre for him to mention that the slaves were "well-fed" and had "decent lodging provided by the government," and that Michelle Obama was correct but failed to mention free citizens involved in construction.

I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish there, and he doesn't seem to have clarified his purpose yet. The "WTF" is that it's a tone-deaf statement, which intentionally or not, sounds like it is downplaying the conditions of the slaves. For a guy who claims to love freedom so much, it's a rather odd statement.

This is precisely the point. He's trying to polish a turd.

Well there you have it. Our slaves are better treated than theirs!!!! Woohoo!

Would you rather build the WH or have your dick cut off? Remember slavery was legal. Legalities are something liberals don't really care about.

As a reminder, the relevant passage:

Leaders like Hillary Clinton, who has
the guts and the grace to keep coming back and putting
those cracks in that highest and hardest glass ceiling
until she finally breaks through, lifting all of us along
with her.

That is the story of this country, the story that has
brought me to this stage tonight, the story of generations
of people who felt the lash of bondage, the shame of
servitude, the sting of segregation, but who kept on
striving and hoping and doing what needed to be done so
that today, I wake up every morning in a house that was
built by slaves -- and I watch my daughters –
- two beautiful, intelligent, black young women –- playing
with their dogs on the White House lawn. And
because of Hillary Clinton, my daughters –- and all our
sons and daughters -– now take for granted that a woman can
be President of the United States.

So, O'Reilly did a brief history lesson on this claim. His information was correct, but it was downright bizarre for him to mention that the slaves were "well-fed" and had "decent lodging provided by the government," and that Michelle Obama was correct but failed to mention free citizens involved in construction.

I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish there, and he doesn't seem to have clarified his purpose yet. The "WTF" is that it's a tone-deaf statement, which intentionally or not, sounds like it is downplaying the conditions of the slaves. For a guy who claims to love freedom so much, it's a rather odd statement.

Equating women of the past with slaves is offensive.

And does not represent the reality of the lives of most dead American women.

Just curious. Not particularly partisan, so what's your point? Slavery was legal. They were relatively well treated. So.....??

Let me 'splain it to you. Black liberal democrat mentions slavery=good. Conservative republican mentions slavery=bad. ;)

Any questions?

Slave owners who kept their slaves well fed were better than those who did not.

Any questions?

Would you rather build the WH or have your dick cut off?

What does Islam have to do with slaves building the WH? Oh wait! NOTHING!

Remember slavery was legal. Legalities are something liberals don't really care about.

Thankfully we have Good Solid American Conservatives such as yourself that always respect and uphold the law. :lamo

So well fed slaves are good then? Got it.

I did not say or imply that. But I am also not going to feel guilty that slaves built the WH, as I had nothing to do with it. I am also not going to cry for the slaves who did, they are dead, my crying will not help.

Obama was selling victim culture and male shame, both of which I abstain from.

Obama was far more pathetic than O'Reilly was.

Last edited:
What does Islam have to do with slaves building the WH? Oh wait! NOTHING!

Thankfully we have Good Solid American Conservatives such as yourself that always respect and uphold the law. :lamo

I just thought I would throw that in because I can. And since you beat up on this country regular, I thought I would let you know others have bigger faults not corrected by law until after the second millenium.

And I do obey the law, go figure.

I did not say or imply that. But I am also not going to feel guilty that slaves built the WH, as I had nothing to do with it. I am also not going to cry for the slaves who did, they are dead, my crying will not help.

Obama was selling victims culture and male shame, both of which I abstain from. I though Obama was far more pathetic than O'Reilly was.

Citing history is "selling victims culture"... got it.

Citing history is "selling victims culture"... got it.

He was claiming that slaves building the WH is related to Hillary being the nominee.

THAT is the problem, not the citing of history.

The fact that this country tries to fix it mistakes makes us shine brighter than any other country, and always will. And I do not wear a blindfold, I can handle the fact we will always have enemies. I just wish so many didn't live here.

I don't think acknowledging slavery was cruel and inhumane makes someone an enemy of America.

I don't either, and that is not what I said.

It appears to me that you did. :shrug:

Exception, even though it was the law?

Whatever, I am not running down American but rather admitting to the fact that we did not treat slaves relatively well. If you find that our true history runs us down, then put your blindfold back on.

The fact that this country tries to fix it mistakes makes us shine brighter than any other country, and always will. And I do not wear a blindfold, I can handle the fact we will always have enemies. I just wish so many didn't live here.

Nope. I was watching his show when he said it. This was several years ago. I watched his show on occasion, as well as other political entertainment shows.

I remember him saying it.

Slave owners who kept their slaves well fed were better than those who did not.

Any questions?

Murderers who kill one person are better than murderers that kills ten.

Murderers who kill one person are better than murderers that kills ten.

sure. But then again what right do you have to decide how people before you should have lived? Have an opinion if you must, but it was not your call, so your opinion has no relevance.

I just thought I would throw that in because I can. And since you beat up on this country regular, I thought I would let you know others have bigger faults not corrected by law until after the second millenium.

And I do obey the law, go figure.

America has done terrible things in the past. You just like to rationalize in order to overlook our failures.

sure. But then again what right do you have to decide how people before you should have lived? Have an opinion if you must, but it was not your call.

Yes I can decide that owning a human being is wrong. It was wrong then and it is wrong now. I would like to say I am surprised by your beliefs here, but I'm not. If you support Trump you are lying down with racists.

America has done terrible things in the past. You just like to rationalize in order to overlook our failures.

A known fantasy, because you are not in a position to know the person who drives the Avatar Coldjoint. I am in a slightly better position since I have known Coldjoint for something like 8 years (and I like this particular imaginary friend), but even I would never make the claim that I understood his motivations.

I don't think acknowledging slavery was cruel and inhumane makes someone an enemy of America.

His comprehension of that point is blinded by his partisan hate of all things liberal.

Back
Top Bottom