• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill Maher says impeach Trump now

madasheck

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Happened upon Bill Maher being interviewed by Chris Matthews yesterday. I'm a fan of Maher anyway, but his comments about impeachment made a lot of sense with the division Trump is promoting and the fact that he's accepted the Russian word over interference of the election over that of the FBI. Maher's question is how much more damage will he do in his two remaining years? It's a very good one. I wasn't really thinking that impeachment now is a good idea, but the possibility of the damage Trump will continue to do made me rethink that. Here's the interview.

He needs the material. Once the Dem's impeach, it's over. They have nothing else but their programs to talk about. And that is not a pretty sight.

So far the only concrete program out of the House is Pelosi taking a stand against the border, and Maxine Water threatening to settle scores with the banking industry.

So impeach him. Maher needs some joke material.

He needs the material. Once the Dem's impeach, it's over. They have nothing else but their programs to talk about. And that is not a pretty sight.

So far the only concrete program out of the House is Pelosi taking a stand against the border, and Maxine Water threatening to settle scores with the banking industry.

You don't sound convinced he should be.

Too early. Wait until the Mueller report comes out and also whatever intelligence gathering the House Democrats are able to do. Then it's time to impeach. Doing so now makes no sense when there's a grand slam coming.

Yeah, those unpopular Democratic programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, the ACA, CHIP, and gun background checks. You know, all the programs conservatives were against.

Too early. Wait until the Mueller report comes out and also whatever intelligence gathering the House Democrats are able to do. Then it's time to impeach. Doing so now makes no sense when there's a grand slam coming.

Well, I agree it would be difficult now. But Maher's comments push the urgency, I think.

Well, I agree it would be difficult now. But Maher's comments push the urgency, I think.

Still, that said, Maher's recommendation is still a slow moving goal. The impeachment process would take a very very long time, which is as it should be. But there is and never has been any reason to hang everything on impeachment when it is also every bit as likely that Trump could wind up painting himself into a corner where he is forced to resign instead...which would happen a lot faster than any impeachment.

So, Maher says, "let's start now"...okay but that still means we're still looking at late 2019 or 2020 before it would actually happen.
Sorry but as much as I love Maher, and I really do, impeachment does not happen in twenty minutes.
Maher might think it's as easy and as quick as banging Ann Coulter (which he is rumored to have done) but it's not.
And by the way, speaking of Ann Coulter, perhaps Bill needs to sit her down for a serious little talk.

Yeah, those unpopular Democratic programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, the ACA, CHIP, and gun background checks. You know, all the programs conservatives were against.

Background checks are already mandatory as far as the federal government can go. If you want to go further then you'll have to make your case to the individual States.

It's fine that Maher believes it's urgent to impeach now, but it's not going to happen and it shouldn't. Democrats will only get one shot at impeachment, and so they'll wait until the evidence is in from Mueller, and if the case is compelling, impeach. Based on what we know so far, it's possible and might even be likely the House would vote to impeach but the odds are approximately 0% that the Senate would vote to convict, so what would be the point in doing it NOW? It would be a hopeless political stunt like we saw with Clinton by the Gingrich House.

Happened upon Bill Maher being interviewed by Chris Matthews yesterday. I'm a fan of Maher anyway, but his comments about impeachment made a lot of sense with the division Trump is promoting and the fact that he's accepted the Russian word over interference of the election over that of the FBI. Maher's question is how much more damage will he do in his two remaining years? It's a very good one. I wasn't really thinking that impeachment now is a good idea, but the possibility of the damage Trump will continue to do made me rethink that. Here's the interview.

He has to say that otherwise he will not be invited to parties and he will not be able to work.

PROFORMA

Bill Maher makes a great deal of sense. Trump is clearly a Russian asset who represents the greatest danger to our nation and its people since the end of World War II. He must be removed from office ASAP by any legal means necessary.

This. I've said elsewhere that both sides are getting impatient for Mueller to finish, and both sides should wait until we see what the investigation reveals.

They need to wait for Mueller’s report and start their own investigations first before even bringing up impeachment.

Frankly, I don’t fancy the idea of Pence as President, either. I think he is up to his eyeballs in it, too.

I’d rather Donald run for re-election and lose. It’s more bearable now that D’s at least control the House.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill Maher should stick to being an unfunny prick and leave the political stuff to politicians.

First we have to gather intelligent Democrats. THAT is the hard part.

Wow you progressives and liberals are overdramatic. What has Trump done that will hurt this country? Every president we've had, one of the sides wants to impeach them. Trump isn't any different.

The actual damage will be if the Democrat fostered coup to remove a duly elected POTUS is allowed to take place. We'll easily survive Trump. Whether we'd survive something such as undoing an election based on personal animus, is more doubtful. The liberals know what they're doing and their lemming followers believe all that they're fed. It's the many tens of millions of other people who will now adopt a new attitude as to the sanctity of elections. It's what happens in banana republics and it is why the coup to remove Trump must fail.

The actual damage will be if the Democrat fostered coup to remove a duly elected POTUS is allowed to take place. We'll easily survive Trump. Whether we'd survive something such as undoing an election based on personal animus, is more doubtful. The liberals know what they're doing and their lemming followers believe all that they're fed. It's the many tens of millions of other people who will now adopt a new attitude as to the sanctity of elections. It's what happens in banana republics and it is why the coup to remove Trump must fail.

Impeachment, by definition, is not a coup.

Impeachment, by definition, is not a coup.

Impeachment would be but the method to carry out said coup. If not for the GOP majority in the Senate, it would already be happening. If the Democrats want to maintain any semblance of rationality, they will work on policy and on winning the 2020 election. If they insist on gratifying their inner Trump hate, they will be seeing Trump until 2025.

Bill Maher makes a great deal of sense. Trump is clearly a Russian asset who represents the greatest danger to our nation and its people since the end of World War II. He must be removed from office ASAP by any legal means necessary.

That's it, really. He's a danger to the nation. Republicans who claim to love their country need to get on board.

Impeachment would be but the method to carry out said coup. If not for the GOP majority in the Senate, it would already be happening. If the Democrats want to maintain any semblance of rationality, they will work on policy and on winning the 2020 election. If they insist on gratifying their inner Trump hate, they will be seeing Trump until 2025.

Impeachment is law, just as elections are law. Please stop writing such incredibly stupid bull****, like impeachment is a coup.
Coup said:
a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

It's not sudden, what you suggested is stupid.

It's not violent, what you suggested is stupid.

It's not illegal, what you suggested is stupid.

It's not seizing power FROM a government, it's impeaching a president, who is then replaced by the VP, government remains intact.

Why do you post such obviously phony bull****? Why? I must know.

If impeachment is the method of getting rid of Trump, then it's not a coup. While I agree that the best course of action for Democrats is to work on policy and winning in 2020, I don't see how gratifying their inner Trump hate would increase his chances of winning in 2020. I would think it would decrease his chances of winning reelection. A president under impeachment proceedings would be less likely to win reelection than one who isn't.

Back
Top Bottom