• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill Maher says impeach Trump now

Happened upon Bill Maher being interviewed by Chris Matthews yesterday. I'm a fan of Maher anyway, but his comments about impeachment made a lot of sense with the division Trump is promoting and the fact that he's accepted the Russian word over interference of the election over that of the FBI. Maher's question is how much more damage will he do in his two remaining years? It's a very good one. I wasn't really thinking that impeachment now is a good idea, but the possibility of the damage Trump will continue to do made me rethink that. Here's the interview.

I'm sure this sent a tingle up Chris Mathew's leg!! :lamo

Impeachment would be but the method to carry out said coup. If not for the GOP majority in the Senate, it would already be happening. If the Democrats want to maintain any semblance of rationality, they will work on policy and on winning the 2020 election. If they insist on gratifying their inner Trump hate, they will be seeing Trump until 2025.

Doubtful, at this point I doubt Trump could win the EC without an opponent!

Maher....this is the guy that snorted coke off the backs of hookers right? Why do lefties support him again?....given your stances on kavanahugh and all..

And you support a president who bought hookers like they were candy bars.

He has a brain? That's a surprise. He should prove it by using it more often.

Maybe you should watch his show (or subscribe to his HBO podcast).

He needs the material. Once the Dem's impeach, it's over. They have nothing else but their programs to talk about. And that is not a pretty sight.

So far the only concrete program out of the House is Pelosi taking a stand against the border, and Maxine Water threatening to settle scores with the banking industry.

So impeach him. Maher needs some joke material.

That is so wrong it isn't funny. The Dems have a robust set of goals that include health care measures to insure continued coverage of pre-existing conditions, laws to counter voter suppression, restoring the consumer protection bureau and the banking protections of Dodd-Frank along with oversight actions over the many abuses by the Trump administration. The drumbeat towards impeachment is louder every day. This is the cover of The Atlantic magazine this month.

atlanticcover.jpg

You're still claiming it's an illegal coup. Stop posting stupid bull****, it hurts your reputation. Is that not a thing for you? It should be. Maybe a New Years resolution?

There are more than enough reasons to impeach Trump, it's simply a matter of getting the votes to achieve it. Most people figure we have the best chance if there is a clear indictable offense, and after Mueller's report. Some believe that's waiting too long.

Not liking Trump or his policies are not grounds for impeachment. They are grounds for winning the next election. Dems will greatly regret attempting to impeach Trump, if that is their plan.

Back
Top Bottom