• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill Maher says impeach Trump now

First we have to gather intelligent Democrats. THAT is the hard part.

Shouldn't be that hard with the Republicans in government these days. The bar's low enough already with them.

Impeachment would be but the method to carry out said coup. If not for the GOP majority in the Senate, it would already be happening. If the Democrats want to maintain any semblance of rationality, they will work on policy and on winning the 2020 election. If they insist on gratifying their inner Trump hate, they will be seeing Trump until 2025.

The Democratic leadership has no appetite for impeachment. I think Pelosi would much rather see Trump removed at the ballot box.

Impeachment is law, just as elections are law. Please stop writing such incredibly stupid bull****, like impeachment is a coup.

It's not sudden, what you suggested is stupid.

It's not violent, what you suggested is stupid.

It's not illegal, what you suggested is stupid.

It's not seizing power FROM a government, it's impeaching a president, who is then replaced by the VP, government remains intact.

Why do you post such obviously phony bull****? Why? I must know.

Coups can take many forms. I also never once said impeachment was a coup. I said it was merely the method that would be used to give the coup a veneer of legality. The grounds for impeaching Trump do not exist. The left fringe will try to gin up anything in order to remove the guy they hate and cannot control or successfully threaten. Allow that and we will enter a whole new era. Don't get angry at me if you can't figure this out.

If impeachment is the method of getting rid of Trump, then it's not a coup. While I agree that the best course of action for Democrats is to work on policy and winning in 2020, I don't see how gratifying their inner Trump hate would increase his chances of winning in 2020. I would think it would decrease his chances of winning reelection. A president under impeachment proceedings would be less likely to win reelection than one who isn't.

Normally I would agree with you, but Trump is a different case. Democrats overplayed their hand in calling for impeachment even before Trump took office. The sour grapes over Hillary's defeat make impeachment look more about getting even than any concern over justice.

He wants the Dems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. That'd make a good show (for him).

They're good at that, so point to him.

Well, I agree it would be difficult now. But Maher's comments push the urgency, I think.

I'm not in favor of it unless there is clear evidence an action like this would be warranted. Impeachment is not an issue anyone should take lightly, and as voters and citizens we need to be clear that the removal is warranted due to any impeachable offenses. At this stage I don't think we're going to see anything until the end of his presidency anyway. I think the effort should be to challenge the administration on policies rather than focusing on impeachment.

I said it was merely the method that would be used to give the coup a veneer of legality. The grounds for impeaching Trump do not exist.
You're still claiming it's an illegal coup. Stop posting stupid bull****, it hurts your reputation. Is that not a thing for you? It should be. Maybe a New Years resolution?

There are more than enough reasons to impeach Trump, it's simply a matter of getting the votes to achieve it. Most people figure we have the best chance if there is a clear indictable offense, and after Mueller's report. Some believe that's waiting too long.

Normally I would agree with you, but Trump is a different case. Democrats overplayed their hand in calling for impeachment even before Trump took office. The sour grapes over Hillary's defeat make impeachment look more about getting even than any concern over justice.

This may be true, but I don't think this will have a positive impact on Trump's reputation going into the 2020 elections. At best, I would say it has slightly less of a negative impact than it might have had on some other president. But the impact will still be negative.

Happened upon Bill Maher being interviewed by Chris Matthews yesterday. I'm a fan of Maher anyway, but his comments about impeachment made a lot of sense with the division Trump is promoting and the fact that he's accepted the Russian word over interference of the election over that of the FBI. Maher's question is how much more damage will he do in his two remaining years? It's a very good one. I wasn't really thinking that impeachment now is a good idea, but the possibility of the damage Trump will continue to do made me rethink that. Here's the interview.

Personally, I think he should be admitted by force to a hospital for crazy people.

This may be true, but I don't think this will have a positive impact on Trump's reputation going into the 2020 elections. At best, I would say it has slightly less of a negative impact than it might have had on some other president. But the impact will still be negative.

I don't know the norms of what is and isn't positive and negative have been all mixed up in recent years

I don't know the norms of what is and isn't positive and negative have been all mixed up in recent years

On that we can certainly agree.

I was reading someone recently "I really admire how this younger generation consumes both high and low culture, switching easily between the two, they are so inclusive! (paraphrase)" and I am all "Ya, they either cant tell the difference because they are morons or they dont care, either way we are all in BIG TROUBLE!".

Who Bill, Donald or both.

The one who can do damage to the nation, dear old Donald the crazy duck. I like Bill and agree with him on many things (not all though, since I am no atheist). Nonetheless, Bill has always had a brain and a heart and it always comes through his monologues.

Nonetheless, Bill has always had a brain and a heart and it always comes through his monologues.

He has a brain? That's a surprise. He should prove it by using it more often.

Background checks are already mandatory as far as the federal government can go. If you want to go further then you'll have to make your case to the individual States.

Of all the things mentioned, why did you only comment on the background checks? Those other ideas and accomplishments have more impact on most Americans than background checks

Of all the things mentioned, why did you only comment on the background checks? Those other ideas and accomplishments have more impact on most Americans than background checks

Depends on your POV. I have no problem with those others (aside from the ACA's mandate). I do with people that want useless laws and federal expansion of powers.

happened upon bill maher being interviewed by chris matthews yesterday. I'm a fan of maher anyway, but his comments about impeachment made a lot of sense with the division trump is promoting and the fact that he's accepted the russian word over interference of the election over that of the fbi. Maher's question is how much more damage will he do in his two remaining years? It's a very good one. I wasn't really thinking that impeachment now is a good idea, but the possibility of the damage trump will continue to do made me rethink that. Here's the interview.

"Bill MAHRE SAYS"....????!!!!

good fellas laugh.jpg

Maher....this is the guy that snorted coke off the backs of hookers right? Why do lefties support him again?....given your stances on kavanahugh and all..

If there's any President who should have been impeached, it's Obama, for lying to the American public about Benghazi. What a dirtbag.

He shut down the government, so there is lots more damage to be done

And we can't expect party hack scumbag republicans and the biggest POS of them all McConnel to do anything

Invoking the 25th would be more ideal, too bad Trump's cabinet is full of immoral, compliant low character people that wouldn't do that

The asshole who wants a painful recession and all the suffering that comes with it for millions of people just because it would hurt Trump's chances in 2020? Yeah **** what he has to say.

The asshole who wants a painful recession and all the suffering that comes with it for millions of people just because it would hurt Trump's chances in 2020? Yeah **** what he has to say.

Not to mention he said the "N" word and still has a job. Meanwhile, look what happens to Roseanne Barr and the hate aimed at Tucker Carlson.

Not to mention he said the "N" word and still has a job. Meanwhile, look what happens to Roseanne Barr and the hate aimed at Tucker Carlson.

Feel free to demand a boycott of HBO or wherever he is now.

:roll:

Apart from a shrinking choir, people are tired of the dishonest conservative false-victim routine. It's like you really do wish you were nailed to a piece of wood. Every single thing has to be complained about as some unfair thing that happens to conservatives. Somehow the liberals they accuse of being completely inept and useless manage to victimize conservatives, despite our country seesawing around a roughly 50/50 split....

Back
Top Bottom