• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill Maher: New Rule: The Fudge Report, or "Fat shaming needs to come back."

I will not lie, some are grossly over weight, and their health problems are by their chose. Ever went to a grocery store and seen a car circle the parking lot over and over waiting for the spot next to the store like walking an extra 100 feet will kill them? Or watching fat people in those rascals who have no health condition other than being fat and lazy?

I will admit many are too lazy or fat and lazy to do anything, it is to the point americans consider walking 10-20 feet a punishment, while I met a scandinavian who was stationed at fort hood gripe about it, he was there to train his countries soldiers using military grounds. His daughter wanted a car after getting her license, he cold not understand why, she only had 2 miles to school and considered it a light walk, while he had a ford explorer and had to drive 20-50 miles a day for his job.

I wouldn't want a Scandinavian walking 2 miles in the Texas heat. In the morning it would be ok but after school, walking 2 miles could result in heat stroke.

Sidewalk is right word for it, always learning more.. damn, I have long way to go when it's about english :) I know it's really rare in US. Car focused country, big wide roads everywhere? There must be good reason why it's like that.

It is the entirety of North America, distances are so long and people are so spread out driving is a necessity for a lot of people.
When you have space you tend to make everything bigger. Good urban planning can reduce it but you will never get to the point that Europe is at. It is faster for me to fly to Europe than the other side of my own country.

I wouldn't want a Scandinavian walking 2 miles in the Texas heat. In the morning it would be ok but after school, walking 2 miles could result in heat stroke.

East coast muggy heat index could easily kill, too.

He did not have a problem with it, he felt like anything under around 3 miles should be walked or else you were lazy, and he came from a region where you were expected to walk everywhere including to mass transit, not just walk from your couch to your car and then drive a few blocks down the street because walking is hard.

Maher is an asshole. We provide healthcare, period. If we can offer help to people to lose weight (or not become obese), fine.

Back
Top Bottom