• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bill Clinton

jdpworld

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Bill Clinton registers for the draft on September 08, 1964, accepting all

> contractual conditions of registering for the draft.

>

> Selective Service Number 326 46 228.

>

> Bill Clinton classified 2-S on November 17, 1964.

>

> Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on March 20, 1968.

>

> Bill Clinton ordered to report for induction on July 28, 1969.

>

> Bill Clinton refuses to report and is not inducted into the military.

>

> Bill Clinton reclassified 1-D after enlisting in the United States Army

> Reserves on August 07, 1969, under authority of Col. E. Holmes.

>

> Clinton signs enlistment papers and takes oath of enlistment.

>

> Bill Clinton fails to report to his duty station at the University of

> Arkansas ROTC, September 1969.

>

> Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on October 30, 1969, as enlistment with

> Army

> Reserves is revoked by Colonel E. Holmes and Clinton now AWOL and subject

> to

> arrest under Public Law 90-40 (2)(a) registrant who has failed to

> report...remain liable for induction.'

>

> Bill Clinton's birth date lottery number is 311, drawn December 1, 1969,

> but

> anyone who has already been ordered to report for induction is

> INELIGIBLE!

>

> Bill Clinton runs for Congress (1974), while a fugitive from justice

> under

> Public Law 90-40.

>

> Bill Clinton runs for Arkansas Attorney General (1976), while a fugitive

> from justice.

>

> Bill Clinton receives pardon on January 21,1977, from President Carter.

>

> Bill Clinton FIRST PARDONED FEDERAL FELON ever to serve as President of

> the

> United States.
 

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
7,255
Reaction score
364
Location
Clarksville, TN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
And what exactly is your point here? It looks like you just copied and pasted this from some chain email.
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stace said:
And what exactly is your point here? It looks like you just copied and pasted this from some chain email.
LOL He should have the decency to at least remove the ">" from the post, right? :lol:
 

tecoyah

Back
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
9,777
Reaction score
3,417
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I dont get it......is he still president or something?

Seems to be more Clinton Bashing now...than there was after he got blown in the Oval Office. Almost as if....someone is trying to change the focus of a magnifying glass.....hmmmmm.

Honestly, who gives a Sh!t what Bill Clinton did....he was an OK president in comparison. Perhaps we should drag up the war record of Mr. Bush....oh....wait....we cant, the records are missing.
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The dude's a spammer(post has been reported)....might want to keep an eye open..he might show up elsewhere with this crap. ;)
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
tecoyah said:
I dont get it......is he still president or something?
Well he would like to be on the Supreme Court and depending on who is the next President he could be nominated. Now wouldn't that be a hoot, a man who is barred from ever practicing in front of the SCOTUS sitting on it as a judges, and a pardoned felon at that. And AFAIK the originators post is historically correct.

Or Clinton would like to be Secretary of the UN, and the UN just might elect him if a President is elected who would support him. And Mrs. Bill Clinton just might be running for President and certainly has a chance at it. And he would be First Man? And he is still one of the most prominent spokesman for the Democrat/Liberal side. He places himself in the political spotlight and is more than willing to go on national TV or national publications and critize the Bush adminsistration.

So to question with he is a topic of discussion when he is still a major player on the Democrat side is folly.

The question to you is knowing what you know about him would you support him ever holding a high political position ever again?
 

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
7,255
Reaction score
364
Location
Clarksville, TN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Stinger said:
Well he would like to be on the Supreme Court and depending on who is the next President he could be nominated. Now wouldn't that be a hoot, a man who is barred from ever practicing in front of the SCOTUS sitting on it as a judges, and a pardoned felon at that. And AFAIK the originators post is historically correct.

Or Clinton would like to be Secretary of the UN, and the UN just might elect him if a President is elected who would support him. And Mrs. Bill Clinton just might be running for President and certainly has a chance at it. And he would be First Man? And he is still one of the most prominent spokesman for the Democrat/Liberal side. He places himself in the political spotlight and is more than willing to go on national TV or national publications and critize the Bush adminsistration.

So to question with he is a topic of discussion when he is still a major player on the Democrat side is folly.

The question to you is knowing what you know about him would you support him ever holding a high political position ever again?
Actually, he resigned from the Supreme Court bar.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Stace said:
Actually, he resigned from the Supreme Court bar.
:rofl you fell for that? AFTER he had already been suspended!! First he boasted he would fight it, but then when he realized he would lose, he so graciously resigned. Geez and you fall for his BS.
 

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
7,255
Reaction score
364
Location
Clarksville, TN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Stinger said:
:rofl you fell for that? AFTER he had already been suspended!! First he boasted he would fight it, but then when he realized he would lose, he so graciously resigned. Geez and you fall for his BS.
Doesn't matter, he still resigned. Spin it any way you want, but from what I understand, no former President has ever actually been disbarred from the Supreme Court.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Stace said:
Doesn't matter, he still resigned. Spin it any way you want, but from what I understand, no former President has ever actually been disbarred from the Supreme Court.
No you are spinning it and it doesn't matter that he sent in a resignation letter, he had ALREADY been suspended from ever practicing before the SCOTUS, what he did after that is moot. They gave him a chance to argue his case before them, but since he knew he had no chance he did not fight it. And he also lost his license to practice law AT ALL for 5 years. And he was pardoned for a felony according to the oringating post.

So what if Mrs. Bill Clinton wins the WH and nominates for the SCOTUS, should he be confirmed?
 

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
7,255
Reaction score
364
Location
Clarksville, TN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Stinger said:
No you are spinning it and it doesn't matter that he sent in a resignation letter, he had ALREADY been suspended from ever practicing before the SCOTUS, what he did after that is moot. They gave him a chance to argue his case before them, but since he knew he had no chance he did not fight it. And he also lost his license to practice law AT ALL for 5 years. And he was pardoned for a felony according to the oringating post.

So what if Mrs. Bill Clinton wins the WH and nominates for the SCOTUS, should he be confirmed?
Suspended is not the same as disbarred. He had never before argued before the Supreme Court, and it was expected that he never would, therefore, it didn't really matter. Other people have been disbarred for far less.

If Hillary becomes President, and a spot opens up, and she wants to nominate Bill, I think he should have a fair hearing just like anyone else that might be nominated. Whether or not he gets confirmed would depend upon how those hearings went, just like anyone else.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Stace said:
Suspended is not the same as disbarred.
sigh........I didn't say that the SCOTUS disbarred him, they ARE NOT THE BAR and do not disbar attorney's the state bar associations do. They suspended him from EVER being able to arguement, as an attorney, before the SCOTUS. The Arkansas Bar Association disbarred him for 5 years, not the SCOTUS. They were two seperate actions.


He had never before argued before the Supreme Court,
So what?

and it was expected that he never would, therefore, it didn't really matter.
So what and certainly not a given.

Other people have been disbarred for far less.
So what? Others are not Bill Clinton and a candidate for the SCOTUS.

If Hillary becomes President, and a spot opens up, and she wants to nominate Bill, I think he should have a fair hearing just like anyone else that might be nominated.
Why? How about what we already know, he was suspended from ever being able to argue a case before them, and yet he should be appoint as a sitting member? He copped a plea to felony charges. He recieved a pardon for felony charges. He was disbarred for 5 years because of the crimes he committed. He was held in contempt of court for obstruction of justice involving his perjuious testimony before a federal court.

And you think he has not disqualified himself from standing in legal judgement of others?


Whether or not he gets confirmed would depend upon how those hearings went, just like anyone else.
It should depend on the facts concerning him not "how it goes".
 

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
7,255
Reaction score
364
Location
Clarksville, TN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Stinger, that is the most ridiculous argument I've ever seen.

Especially seeing as how Clinton was never disbarred, period. He was only suspended in Arkansas, as well.

And there is a separate bar for presenting cases before the Supreme Court. So yes, they CAN disbar a lawyer.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Stace said:
Stinger, that is the most ridiculous argument I've ever seen.
Only because you would rather argue silly semantics than facts. And I note your failure to respond to the real question here.

Especially seeing as how Clinton was never disbarred, period. He was only suspended in Arkansas, as well.
Could he practice law in the State of Arkansas for those five years? Was he a member in good standing of the bar?

And there is a separate bar for presenting cases before the Supreme Court. So yes, they CAN disbar a lawyer.
Whatever you want to call, should he thus be appointed to sit on that court then?
 

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
7,255
Reaction score
364
Location
Clarksville, TN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Stinger said:
Only because you would rather argue silly semantics than facts. And I note your failure to respond to the real question here.



Could he practice law in the State of Arkansas for those five years? Was he a member in good standing of the bar?



Whatever you want to call, should he thus be appointed to sit on that court then?
Well, it's not for us to decide whether or not he's qualified to sit on the court, now, is it? No, I believe that is up to....oh, that's right, Congress. So, until you or I become a Senator or a Representative, we have VERY little say in the matter.
 

aquapub

DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,317
Reaction score
344
Location
America (A.K.A., a red state)
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
tecoyah said:
I dont get it......is he still president or something?

Seems to be more Clinton Bashing now...than there was after he got blown in the Oval Office. Almost as if....someone is trying to change the focus of a magnifying glass.....hmmmmm.

Honestly, who gives a Sh!t what Bill Clinton did....he was an OK president in comparison. Perhaps we should drag up the war record of Mr. Bush....oh....wait....we cant, the records are missing.

It matters because his wife-who did much of his dirty work-is running for president, and she is as corrupt as he is. Spin it as pointless bashing if you want, but everyone here knows it matters, AND that it would matter to you too if it were someone YOU opposed.



Pasted from, "Sex or Lying":

Just for starters, let's go over some of the reasons Republicans (and anyone else who gave a crap about the future of America) had for wanting this treasonous career felon out of office...

-He was a habitual sexual harrasser (unless EVERY SINGLE woman who accused him was lying-vast right wing conspiracy )

-He used his IRS and Justice department to intimidate and harrass three of his victims when they filed charges against him.

-He took bribes from Communist China in exchange for "increasing trade" with them, which sent our manufacturing jobs over there by the boatload.

-He railroaded a retard to the gas chamber to look less liberal when running for president.

-He was accused of rape. Notice how, unlike irresponsible liberal sheep, I stated this as an ACCUSATION instead of as a fact? THAT is what I mean when I say Republicans operate on facts, evidence, and Democrats operate on hysteria and conspiracy theories-as Hoot demonstrated so beautifully for us.

-He signed NAFTA-screwing over the working man.

-He gave us record high tax hikes-screwing over the working man.

-He appeased North Korea while they developed a nuclear arsenal.

-He had a knife to the wrist of the working man with the Kyoto treaty, which, thankfully, Bush stopped before it killed thousands of jobs-screwing the working man.

-He took a bribe from ADM Milling (and MULTITUDES of others) and then, THE NEXT DAY, ordered 10% of the country to use ethanol fuel-which made ADM Milling millions.

-He made Bin Laden into a hero by retreating from him in Somalia.

-He let Al Queda attack us for nearly a decade with impunity (using the same laws Democrats are trying to get us back to using now-Pre 9/11 mindset anyone?).


These are just off the top of my head. I know there are many more. Barbara Olsen wrote entire books about his horrific abuses of power before she was killed by his policies on 9/11/
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Stace said:
Well, it's not for us to decide whether or not he's qualified to sit on the court, now, is it?
It most certainly is through our elected representitives. And I certainly haven't seen you posting any messages objecting to the liberal groups very very vocally expressing their wish upon those representitives.

No, I believe that is up to....oh, that's right, Congress. So, until you or I become a Senator or a Representative, we have VERY little say in the matter.
What a blatant weasling out.

Oh well can't answer the question can you, how telling.
 

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
7,255
Reaction score
364
Location
Clarksville, TN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Stinger said:
It most certainly is through our elected representitives. And I certainly haven't seen you posting any messages objecting to the liberal groups very very vocally expressing their wish upon those representitives.



What a blatant weasling out.

Oh well can't answer the question can you, how telling.
What, are you stalking me around here, reading every post I make?

We're not in the basement, so I will kindly refrain from saying what I'd really like to say right now.

Don't tick off a pregnant lady with raging hormones, buddy.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Stace said:
What, are you stalking me around here, reading every post I make?
I read a lot of them

We're not in the basement, so I will kindly refrain from saying what I'd really like to say right now.
Simply because you were asked a simple and relevent question about Clinton and weasled out of it?

Don't tick off a pregnant lady with raging hormones, buddy.
Hormones are no excuse to this new grand-dad!
 
Top Bottom