• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill Clinton: 'Black Lives Matter' Protesters Are Defending Murders And Drug Dealers

Re: Bill Clinton: 'Black Lives Matter' Protesters Are Defending Murders And Drug Deal

Obviously either you did not live through the 80s and early 90s or you paid no attention. Do you know why the Clintons are so well liked in the Black Community? Its because they did more for the Black Community than any other president since LBJ.

During the Clinton years millions of African Americans moved into the Middle Class. The poverty rate dropped to its lowest level ever. African American poverty rates dropped to their lowest levels ever. Median incomes went up every year of the Clinton presidency - black households included.

When Clinton took office, our inner cities were not just dangerous, they were some of the most violent and dangerous places on earth. The black community and city mayors across this county were begging the feds to do something to help. So they passed what many limousine liberals consider to be the "infamous" crime bill in 1994. Now I am not saying that bill was perfect because it wasn't. In retrospect there were problems with it, but it did result in a massive and unprecedented reduction in violent crime. A lot of people today just don't realize how dangerous many cities were prior to 1994 and the victims of all that violence back then were primarily minorities. Inner cities are much, much safer places today because of Bill Clinton:

View attachment 67199956

And that is why the Clintons enjoy so much support among African Americans and always will.

I wish I could like this post more than once.

Re: Bill Clinton: 'Black Lives Matter' Protesters Are Defending Murders And Drug Deal

At the rate the "likes" are piling up, you might be a potential candidate for office. ;)

God help us if that's true. Although I think I could manage to keep my "likeability" factor ahead of all these bozos.

I wish I could like this post more than once.

For former President Bill Clinton to now insinuate that Black Lives Matter protestors are defending murderers and gang leaders, is offensive to a people that have been through so much due to his legislative actions. Yet, here we stand in 2016 hearing the same rhetoric espoused to create the Crime Bill, now being used to justify its abhorrent results. Where as in 1996 Hillary Clinton called young blacks super predators, that is now replaced with Bill Clinton saying,
I don’t know how you would characterize the gang leaders who got 13-year-old kids hopped up on crack and sent them out into the street to murder other African American children — maybe you thought they were good citizens.

Hillary Clinton’s statements calling inner city black youth, “super predators who must be brought to heel” was a line of thought built to create unfounded paranoia about urban youth back in the 1990s.

here is the actual legacy of the clinton's administration get tough on crime policy, that eliminated $17 Billion from the housing budget to transfer as $18 Billion to construct new prisons ... as if he did not see this coming:
Today there are more African American men incarcerated in the U.S. than the total prison populations in India, Argentina, Canada, Lebanon, Japan, Germany, Finland, Israel and England combined. These nine countries in total represent over 1.5 billion people, in contrast, there are only 18.5 million black males in the United States, counting children.
[emphasis added by bubba]
President Bill Clinton Gets It Wrong On Mass Incarceration

bill is an arkansas redneck. he did little to elevate the plight of the black citizenry of the USA. and still doesn't

He also just about told blacks that his policies from his presidency led to 25yrs of reduced crime and a 30 yr low in the murder rated. What he insinuated is that putting blacks in prison for set sentences lowered the black death rate and that blacks were responsible for much of the crime.

His rant was in response to Hillarys statement in 96 that some blacks were superpredators.

The Washington Post

Sections

Sign In
Subscribe

Accessibility for screenreader
Home Page
Politics
Opinions
Sports
Local
National
World
Business
Tech
Lifestyle
Entertainment
Crosswords
Video
Photography
Photography
Washington Post Live
Live Chats
Real Estate
Cars
Jobs
WP BrandConnect
Classifieds
Partners

washingtonpost.com
1996-2016 The Washington Post
Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
Submissions and Discussion Policy
RSS Terms of Service
Ad Choices

PowerPost
Follow @powerpost
Get The Daily 202 Newsletter
The Daily 202
The Daily 202: Bill Clinton’s argument with Black Lives Matter protesters is 2016’s Sister Souljah Moment
Resize Text
Print Article
Comments 138
Book mark article
Read later list
Saved to Reading List
By James Hohmann April 8 at 9:04 AM
Bill Clinton responds to being interrupted by Black Lives Matter protesters during a rally yesterday in Philadelphia. (Ed Hille/The Philadelphia Inquirer via AP)

THE BIG IDEA:

Bill Clinton spent 13 minutes yesterday forcefully responding to Black Lives Matter activists who were heckling him. Speaking in an overwhelmingly African American neighborhood of Philadelphia, the city that will host this summer’s Democratic National Convention, the former president offered a spirited defense of his record on civil rights, his signature crime bill and his wife.

One of the protesters held a sign that declared, "Black youth are not super predators.” That’s a reference to when Hillary Clinton spoke in 1996 of “the kinds of kids that are called ‘super-predators’” and said “we have to bring them to heel.”

Clinton pointed to the signs. “This is what’s the matter,” he said. “I don't know how you would characterize the gang leaders who got 13-year-olds hopped up on crack and sent them out onto the street to murder other African American children. Maybe you thought they were good citizens. She didn't! … You are defending the people who kill the lives you say matter! Tell the truth! You are defending the people who caused young people to go out and take guns.”

The 69-year-old went on an extended riff about why he and his wife are the ones who have really fought to make black lives matter:

"Because of that [crime] bill we had a 25-year low in crime, a 30-year low in the murder rate, and because of that and the background-check law, a 46-year low in deaths of lives by gun violence,” he said. “And who do you think those lives were that mattered? Whose lives were saved that mattered?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...0675c2981b92a22ddf2fd2/?tid=pm_politics_pop_b

This thread highlights the indisputable fact that the Black Lives Matter movement is made up of vile, disgusting racists who ARE the problem.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065748293 said:
Except the BLM crowd, apparently...

Its because most of the BLM crowd was born after crime rates fell dramatically due to the 94 crime bill. They don't understand how much better off their communities are due all those violent criminals that were in them being locked up. They get to live in communities with 1/4th the violent crime rate that their parents lived through.

This thread highlights the indisputable fact that the Black Lives Matter movement is made up of vile, disgusting racists who ARE the problem.

absolutely delighted to see that you recognize racists are disgusting

absolutely delighted to see that you recognize racists are disgusting

This country is in an Alinsky headlock of pointing at the wrong people in that regard. We excuse the real racists and invent convenient ones.

It's a good "Sista Soulja" moment for him.

Too bad Obama never had one of those. It would have done him well...but, of course, Michelle would have kicked his ass.

They are the by-product of the collapse of the American family unit.

It is very apparent when the democrats find it necessary to pay thugs $1000 a month and send them on vacations with TAXPAYERS money to stop them from killing each other . :roll:

Bill and Hill are learning that this is a new era.

Too bad Obama never had one of those. It would have done him well...but, of course, Michelle would have kicked his ass.

I bet she does daily.

What bothers me about these "progressive groups" is how ****ing rude they are. Shouting down a speaker you don't like? Shut the **** up and leave... let the speaker make his speach. Protest politely. ...and to do it to an ex-President? OMG. I pretty much do not support ANY group that behaves in the manner that these childish assholes conduct themselves. BLM, Wall Street Whatever they were... doesn't matter. Assholes.

Most certainly agree with this. Of course, most conservatives appear to protest under those more respectful guidelines, and if they don't, the media slams them, marginalizing them, and it turns out as a loss for the protesters and their group.

Now why the media can't manage to treat unruly progressive protesters the same way is just another example of pro-leftist media bias.

It depends on what your definition of racism is........right? ;)

No, Merriam-Webster and the OED already defined it.

It is very apparent when the democrats find it necessary to pay thugs $1000 a month and send them on vacations with TAXPAYERS money to stop them from killing each other . :roll:

This would not surprise me but I had not heard that one.

Yep, There are a few things you'll never see the current President stand up against.

What bothers me about these "progressive groups" is how ****ing rude they are. Shouting down a speaker you don't like? Shut the **** up and leave... let the speaker make his speach. Protest politely. ...and to do it to an ex-President? OMG. I pretty much do not support ANY group that behaves in the manner that these childish assholes conduct themselves. BLM, Wall Street Whatever they were... doesn't matter. Assholes.

That is exactly it. We could be moving forward beyond our wildest dreams if we would seek sincere dialogue and solutions. Instead, we are regressing by grandstanding, sometimes even resorting to violence.

W!hat's this referring to?

They meant murderers and drug dealers, but yeah.

Really? Who and how?

They are certainly missing the boat on who is really killing black people. And, the fact that they are demanding we reduce sentences, if not actually let these murderers and drug dealers out of prison (only because they are black, of course), then you should be able to answer your own question--which is yes.
They want to release only black drug dealers? I musta missed this in their demands...

Back
Top Bottom