• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bill Bennett:aborting black babies would lower crime

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
Dixiecrats. Racism was not, and is not, a party bound issue. The carping over who did what during the civil rights movement is irrelevant. They were all white guys, and those that had racist views acted on them.
More of a true statement than most...

My only contention would be if the civil rights issue at the time included some things that didn't belong, but I don't know the details...

dont be afraid of blacks watch out for whitey
whitey is on the moon blacks in the ghetto
whitey has a silver spoon blacks in the ghetto
when you constantly put blacks in the ghetto and if they turn to crime in a desperate attempt to better themselves

witey is the racist
I have lived long enough to remember the southern blacks being hung
and rampant racism
today it is still there only now its in the closet and hiiden from public display once in awhile it filters through like in this case
the only way for america to make a clean slate with regards to racists is to round them up and hang them all from a popular tree down in georgia
short of that the racists breed like rabbits and they are the stench that keeps america devided
any one thinking america isnt racist are deaf dumb and blind
one look at a ninth ward in new orleans school will tell you right away America is racist

Canuck said:
dont be afraid of blacks watch out for whitey
whitey is on the moon blacks in the ghetto
whitey has a silver spoon blacks in the ghetto
when you constantly put blacks in the ghetto and if they turn to crime in a desperate attempt to better themselves

Turning to crime is making an attempt at bettering yourself? Not quite, it is trying to make money with little effort. It is the lazy way out. Sure, people born in the ghetto have more obstacles between them and financial freedom. There is still no excuse for selling crack, or robbing others. Unfortunately black culture has made it cool to "slang rocks" and kill people. Don't tell me that rappers, who are black icons today, are simply speaking of what they have seen. When I watch rap videos all I see are people glorifying violence, and bragging about selling drugs. Quit blaming whitey, and do something for yourself.

Actually it's slang which is slang.

:rofl , man don't try to educate a high school student on slang terms. It's "sling rocks" holmes.

What Bennett said was cleary not racist.

He was not implying that blackness made them commit crime,

he was just using a statistic to show how a eugenicst-racist could use statistics and economic theory (crime is bad) to support abortion.

And he thinks that's morally reprehensible and absurd.

It was still a horrible was to phrase what he said. If you're going to say something like that, first say "Crime is not caused by race. Every statistic shows that crime rate is not affected by race at all. At every socioeconomic level, whites, hispanics, blacks, asians, every race has the same crime rate."

Hoot said:
Originally Posted by shuamort>>It looks like the White House is now condemning Bill Bennett's remarks:<<

>>WOW what a condemnation!<<Stinger

See...this proves my point, I said anyone with over a High School education would know that the remark was taken out of context, and would not condemn it. ROTFL!!!

THAT's a comdemnation????? Sounds like the very least they could get away with saying about it one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom