• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill Barr says he's 'pretty tired of' the Right's 'constant pandering to outrage' while discussing FBI raid

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Fox! what have you done!!!!!!!!!

Even Barr is sick of your shit!

Former Attorney General Bill Barr knocked the "constant pandering" coming from the Right regarding the outrage towards the FBI following the raid at Mar-a-Lago.

Appearing on Thursday's installment of Bari Weiss's "Honestly" podcast, Barr was defensive of the DOJ's handling of its ongoing investigation into former President Trump but said the fallout from the Russia investigation "created the condition" of the public automatically thinking "the worst" in the institution.

"So what do you say to conservatives who say, ‘Why should we possibly trust these institutions to prosecute people let’s say who protested on January 6th or agents of the state going after a president they so obviously despise? Why should we trust them anymore?'" Weiss asked, adding "You still give them the benefit of the doubt, but many other people in your party don't."

Former Attorney General Bill Barr knocked the "constant pandering" coming from the Right regarding the outrage towards the FBI following the raid at Mar-a-Lago.

Appearing on Thursday's installment of Bari Weiss's "Honestly" podcast, Barr was defensive of the DOJ's handling of its ongoing investigation into former President Trump but said the fallout from the Russia investigation "created the condition" of the public automatically thinking "the worst" in the institution.

"So what do you say to conservatives who say, ‘Why should we possibly trust these institutions to prosecute people let’s say who protested on January 6th or agents of the state going after a president they so obviously despise? Why should we trust them anymore?'" Weiss asked, adding "You still give them the benefit of the doubt, but many other people in your party don't."
Eff him.
Barr received his conservative Supreme Court reward for debasing himself with Trump. Now he can pretend to be a paragon of virtue again.

All these right-wing loud mouths are full of shit. If the FBI were investigating Biden, they would be praising them. Their outrage is for convenience only.

“If” being the operative word. The real question is why they aren’t. And Hillary, too. But then we know her secret admirer, James Comey had her 6:00.

“If” being the operative word. The real question is why they aren’t. And Hillary, too. But then we know her secret admirer, James Comey had her 6:00.
Nice dodge. Not even close to a response for what I actually said.

Oh, malarkey.
The Trump administration had FOUR years to investigate Hillary. And Biden. Comey was fired 5/2017. Do you really think he was controlling the FBI and the Trump administration and a Trump sympathetic Senate from his home via deep state voodoo?

Last edited:

"Well, the Russiagate thing, I think, to the extent the FBI was misused was decisions made toward by high-level officials in the FBI. I don't think that Chris Wray is that type of leader nor do I think the people around Chris Wray are those types of leaders," Barr responded. "I think there are problems in the FBI, but it's not that. It's not the Chris Wray. Wray is going to wake up and say, you know, ‘How do I throw the FBI’s weight around to interfere in the political process. Just the opposite. I think he's very cautious about that."

LOL I wonder what Barr has to say about the FBI threatening Zuckerberg about publishing anything about Hunter's laptop

He did? By announcing he was reopening the investigation and killing her chance in the election......

Nice dodge. Not even close to a response for what I actually said.

You gave an opinion. You said, “All these right-wing loud mouths are full of shit.” I presented a fact: the FBI and Justice Department haven’t demonstrated the same level of zeal investigating the princess as they have Trump. Pointing that out doesn’t make right-wingers disingenuous or “full of shit.”

You gave an opinion. You said, “All these right-wing loud mouths are full of shit.” I presented a fact: the FBI and Justice Department haven’t demonstrated the same level of zeal investigating the princess as they have Trump. Pointing that out doesn’t make right-wingers disingenuous or “full of shit.”
You don't know that's a fact. In fact, most people don't tell the world what a victim they are and cause chaos and make threats while under investigation. Remember, it was Trump who complained about the FBI 'Raiding' his beautiful home. What a crybaby.

The Clintons have been investigated for 30 straight years and other than a slight lie about a blow job, nothing was ever found. And he was acquitted of that.

Hillary more recently was investigated for Benghazi, and her email server and deemed to have not committed any crimes that any reasonable prosecutor would pursue.

The Clinton rage is over for all of us sane people. Those who still use them for whataboutism are simply grasping at straws. You had your shot at it and failed.

Last edited:
This was such transparent crap, i remember this too.
It is uniquely fascinating to watch those same people turn on the security state they helped to build; it's much less fascinating to know that they will use it to devasting effect if they regain power.

It reminds me of all the glibertarians who were mum on the militarization of the drug war until lacrosse nephew Braden was facing manmins.

It is uniquely fascinating to watch those same people turn on the security state they helped to build; it's much less fascinating to know that they will use it to devasting effect if they regain power.

It reminds me of all the glibertarians who were mum on the militarization of the drug war until lacrosse nephew Braden was facing manmins.
Probably same reason glibertarians are mum on privatizing and retaining one of the most harmful institutions of the American state, prisons.

Hillary more recently was investigated for Benghazi, and her email server and deemed to have not committed any crimes that any reasonable prosecutor would pursue.

So what you are saying is that no reasonable prosecutor would pursue charges against Trump. If Trump having possesion of classified documents after leaving office is a crime, it's no worse then the hildabeast maintaining classified info on her private unsecure email server, blackberries, etc were.

.Comey cost Hillary the election in 2016, not much of a help

.Comey cost Hillary the election in 2016, not much of a help
Nope. Hillary cost Hillary the election in 2016. Comey did not maintain classified government emails on an unsecure private email server. Hillary Von Pantsuit did.

Comey cost Hillary the election in 2016, not much of a help

That was after the FBI discovered an additional 30,000 Hillary emails on Anthony Weiner’s laptop. Thus it was necessary to reopen what Loretta Lynch told James Comey to refer to as “the matter.” She refused to initiate an inquiry, and instead threw the hot potato squarely in Comey’s lap. Hillary didn’t just possess classified materials on a personal email server. She operated her official State Department business on the server and provided classified materials to people who did not have the requisite security clearances. Comey cost her the election? Her stupidity cost her the election. Instead of being in the White House, maybe she should be in prison, like anyone else, especially Trump, thanks to his Democrat fan club, would.

Eff him.
Barr received his conservative Supreme Court reward for debasing himself with Trump. Now he can pretend to be a paragon of virtue again.
He moved just a bit towards virtuous when he said the election wasn’t fixed, calling Trump’s claims bullshit.

He moved just a bit towards virtuous when he said the election wasn’t fixed, calling Trump’s claims bullshit.
That was after the Supreme Court victories so it's IMO it wasn't exactly virtuous.

Oh please.

eye-roll-emoji.gif

Nope. Hillary cost Hillary the election in 2016. Comey did not maintain classified government emails on an unsecure private email server. Hillary Von Pantsuit did.
And if she'd kept them in a store room by the pool instead?

So what you are saying is that no reasonable prosecutor would pursue charges against Trump. If Trump having possesion of classified documents after leaving office is a crime, it's no worse then the hildabeast maintaining classified info on her private unsecure email server, blackberries, etc were.
There's classified, and then there's classified. Nothing very secure is even getting close to an email.

Back
Top Bottom