• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill Barr launches blistering attack on Trump in new book

I wonder if Barr wrote anything in his book that the 1/6 committee might be interested in exploring further. After all, it was something to do with the election outcome that prompted Barr to resign. Following that, Trump is reported to have told DOJ officials "Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me . . . "

Makes me wonder if Barr resigned because Trump ordered him to do the same.

No one disputes Trump's pettiness.
Trump's "pettiness?" His "pettiness?"

“Trump cared only about one thing: himself,” Barr writes in a new book that is full of criticism of the former president. “Country and principle took second place.”

A president putting the nation second isn't "pettines." In Trump's case it bordered on treason.

And other things: "The way he forced out U.S. attorneys who might investigate Trump? The way he spread preposterous lies about voter fraud in advance of the 2020 election? The way he took extraordinary steps to help Trump cronies escape accountability for their criminal conduct?"

However, f**k Barr and his sudden conversion to truth and light, now that it no longer matters. When the chips were down, he was a coward and a stooge.

I wouldn't call anything said after the point at which it could have mattered "blistering." That implies it has in some way burned Trump. But you can't burn Trump with words any more than you can with valid moral condemnation.

There's one and only one thing that could burn him. And Bill Barr was in a position where he could have convened a grand jury to do it, or appointed an independent prosecutor so Trump couldn't possibly stop it.

He didn't. He just wanted some more cash. Rot in hell, Barr.

Barr built his career on being the cleanup man. The guy you hire to make inconvenient scandals go away.

He did it for Bush 41. And he did it for trump.

Trump's "pettiness?" His "pettiness?"

“Trump cared only about one thing: himself,” Barr writes in a new book that is full of criticism of the former president. “Country and principle took second place.”

A president putting the nation second isn't "pettines." In Trump's case it bordered on treason.

And other things: "The way he forced out U.S. attorneys who might investigate Trump? The way he spread preposterous lies about voter fraud in advance of the 2020 election? The way he took extraordinary steps to help Trump cronies escape accountability for their criminal conduct?"

However, f**k Barr and his sudden conversion to truth and light, now that it no longer matters. When the chips were down, he was a coward and a stooge.
I was merely employing Barr's own words.

But yes, **** him and anyone else on Team Trump who didn't have the courage to speak truth then but want to cash in now.

Reactions: jpn
Of all the books that have been published by people who worked closely with Trump or had some relationship with him, have any of them portrayed him in a positive light or shown him to have any redeeming qualities? Hell, his own niece and family say the man is a scumbag piece of shit.

Barr built his career on being the cleanup man. The guy you hire to make inconvenient scandals go away.

He did it for Bush 41. And he did it for trump.

Exclusive consultation on Iran-Contra pardons...

AG Barr was a butt kissing prick for sure, but in the end between him and DJT, he chose to stand for truth.

In One Damn Thing After Another, Mr Barr writes that his former boss could have won the 2020 election if he had “just exercised a modicum of self-restraint, moderating even a little of his pettiness”, according to the Wall Street Journal.

According to the Journal, Mr Barr writes: “The election was not ‘stolen’. Trump lost it.”

The absurd lengths to which he took his ‘stolen election’ claim led to the rioting on Capitol Hill.
Mr. Barr milked being "pro-Trump" for everything he could get out of it and now he is milking being "anti-Trump".

Of all the books that have been published by people who worked closely with Trump or had some relationship with him, have any of them portrayed him in a positive light or shown him to have any redeeming qualities? Hell, his own niece and family say the man is a scumbag piece of shit.
"I didn't vote for him to be a nice guy!"
"Policy over personality!"
"BUH BUH BUH LIBZ"

AG Barr was a butt kissing prick for sure, but in the end between him and DJT, he chose to stand for truth.

In One Damn Thing After Another, Mr Barr writes that his former boss could have won the 2020 election if he had “just exercised a modicum of self-restraint, moderating even a little of his pettiness”, according to the Wall Street Journal.

According to the Journal, Mr Barr writes: “The election was not ‘stolen’. Trump lost it.”

The absurd lengths to which he took his ‘stolen election’ claim led to the rioting on Capitol Hill.
Barr was a wolf in sheeps clothing ! He did "GOP SWAMP" work while with Trump, but he did not do his job to investigate all the Fraud that was
documented during the election! Because he DID NOT look, he could say "There was no evidence of mass Fraud"!

You seem to forget the hundreds of Americans who've written Affidavits testifying to Fraud, and things like the "NEW" investigation that
GA is doing, because the CITIZENS investigated and found Fraud, so now the Sec of State HAS TO look at the evidence(That was in his possession the whole time).....

Attachments

• Fraud.JPG
    Fraud.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
True that, but once Barr popped his lips off DJT's bubble butt causing DJT to crap his diaper - (not that we need that stench lingering in the air) it's worth it if he's taken on a permanent diaper rash that possibly develops into creeping crud between his inner thighs. It almost bothers me that I've grown to hate the worthless pos this much. If he's ever convicted and serves time behind bars, that would go a long way towards reducing my hate level for that slimy worm.
I find it telling that these people weren’t willing to spill the beans out of patriotism but are will to do so to sell their books. John Bolton also comes to mind.

Barr was a wolf in sheeps clothing ! He did "GOP SWAMP" work while with Trump, but he did not do his job to investigate all the Fraud that was
documented during the election! Because he DID NOT look, he could say "There was no evidence of mass Fraud"!

You seem to forget the hundreds of Americans who've written Affidavits testifying to Fraud, and things like the "NEW" investigation that
GA is doing, because the CITIZENS investigated and found Fraud, so now the Sec of State HAS TO look at the evidence(That was in his possession the whole time).....
As Rudy admitted, ‘we know that many of those affidavits were false. The ones we are presenting to this court, we don’t know are false.’ Many were also hearsay.

The fact is that the only election fraud found were Republicans and none of it was large scale to change the results. Yet, some just can’t admit Biden won.

I find it telling that these people weren’t willing to spill the beans out of patriotism but are will to do so to sell their books.
It seems Barr said he decided to hold off on his legal career decisions until the book was finished. Double speak for he couldn't get anyone to hire him so he wrote the book to try to make money, lol.

It seems Barr said he decided to hold off on his legal career decisions until the book was finished. Double speak for he couldn't get anyone to hire him so he wrote the book to try to make money, lol.
That sounds right. He was a Trump sycophant until he said the election was fair.

Well i suppose i can give props, at least he came clean on a few issues. Does not change the fact he white washed the Mueller probe as a favor to Trump.

I have been waiting for the tell all books, Trump will not be sending Barr a yule log this Christmas.

I find it telling that these people weren’t willing to spill the beans out of patriotism but are will to do so to sell their books. John Bolton also comes to mind.
True that, but those spilt beans may go a long way to support investigations into the ex pos-n-chief. :)

Very true

Politically Trump can be very short sighted. Not one for the long game 2024. Jan 6 pretty much closed the door on that one.

Every supporter of Trump will disavow him when he is no longer useful to them.

I wonder if Barr wrote anything in his book that the 1/6 committee might be interested in exploring further. After all, it was something to do with the election outcome that prompted Barr to resign. Following that, Trump is reported to have told DOJ officials "Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me . . . "
The 1/6 Committee really need to get this revised version of Barr before them. See if he stands by his printed words.
Makes me wonder if Barr resigned because Trump ordered him to do the same.
I'm sure that there was a mutual feeling for Barr to exit stage right. By that time, Barr had defied his master's wishes and told the truth. There wasn't mass fraud to change the election result.

I wouldn't call anything said after the point at which it could have mattered "blistering." That implies it has in some way burned Trump. But you can't burn Trump with words any more than you can with valid moral condemnation.

There's one and only one thing that could burn him. And Bill Barr was in a position where he could have convened a grand jury to do it, or appointed an independent prosecutor so Trump couldn't possibly stop it.

He didn't. He just wanted some more cash. Rot in hell, Barr.
Its an obvious attempt to rewrite his history, and to repair his reputation.

But Barr has been party before country on numerous occasions. Including his stint as probably the worst AG in quite sometime.

The 1/6 Committee really need to get this revised version of Barr before them. See if he stands by his printed words.

I'm sure that there was a mutual feeling for Barr to exit stage right. By that time, Barr had defied his master's wishes and told the truth. There wasn't mass fraud to change the election result.
I don't believe Barr has been served subpoena, yet. 😁

Actually, it's not so much that T. Rump Lost the election. He Threw It! Along with the Georgia Senate seats. No one with even the slightest connection to reality could have thought that his tantrum would help in either election. He's either demented or self destructive, or both.

Very true

Politically Trump can be very short sighted.
He does sport a toddler's attention span.

Not one for the long game 2024. Jan 6 pretty much closed the door on that one.
If the door of justice opens wide on his sorry ass and the rest of his goons who partakes in their mission to destroy Democracy in order to establish a dictatorship. imo

Back
Top Bottom