• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bikers refused permit in DC but Muslims get one. What hypocrisy.

So much outrage, so little time. :shrug:

It's not particularly difficult to believe that the Muslim permit request went in earlier than the bikers'. First-come may have come into the refusal as the TOTAL number, between the two groups, would have been 3 million.

However, the fact that the permit was denied and they will be riding anyway (although obeying all traffic signals) is probably a larger disruption to the city than if they'd allowed the permit. *shrug*

The problem was that they wanted a "NO-STOP permit" which means they could have run stop lights and everything else. They were denied the no-stop permit, they weren't denied to ride.

Permit denied for no-stop '2 Million Bikers to DC' ride - Washington DC Conservative | Examiner.com

Was the Muslim march on a weekday or weekend?
If I were in charge I'd have denied the "no stop" permit as well. A 2 million-ish line of bikers is essentially a huge-ass funeral procession and would wreak havoc on the traffic in the area. If I were a DC resident, and had to go someplace, I'd be pissed if my day were halted like that and I was cut off from where I needed to go.

If I were in charge I'd have denied the "no stop" permit as well. A 2 million-ish line of bikers is essentially a huge-ass funeral procession and would wreak havoc on the traffic in the area. If I were a DC resident, and had to go someplace, I'd be pissed if my day were halted like that and I was cut off from where I needed to go.

Excellent point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I would ban Harleys if I could.

And I would ban SUVs and anything that gets less then 25 MPG if I could, so what? You have an issue with that particular model for a reason?

Harleys are just noise pollution and visual pollution aswell, they are goddamn ugly things and they make way too much noise pollution, intentionally annoying as ****. The noise form a Harley is different form say a European sports car or proper motorcycle (Americans ones sound like crap aswell) in a Harley is makes a lot of noise and annoying noise entirely on purpose and it's the sound of misfiring engine combined with really bad exhaust. I would compare Harleys to Austrian police sirens in noise pollution.

This sounds nice, it is not artificial and the engine is performing how an engine should.:

Maybe DC doesn't want any noisy fags. A million Muslims are probably way more quieter than two million motorcycles. The people who refused the permit were probably being considerate to everyone who works,lives in and visits DC.

Since there were only about 13 people in attendance, Id say the Million Muslims were definitely MUCH quieter. I havent seen exact figure but DC Police estimated somewhere around 800,000 riders. That doesnt count all the state rides that occurred.

Harleys are just noise pollution and visual pollution aswell, they are goddamn ugly things and they make way too much noise pollution, intentionally annoying as ****. The noise form a Harley is different form say a European sports car or proper motorcycle (Americans ones sound like crap aswell) in a Harley is makes a lot of noise and annoying noise entirely on purpose and it's the sound of misfiring engine combined with really bad exhaust. I would compare Harleys to Austrian police sirens in noise pollution.

That is not how they sound off the factory, that is a choice made by the owners to purposefully make them louder.

Myself, I actually detest loud bikes. People are often nervous when I move to a new neighborhood, because they see my bike and think "Oh God, biker!". Then they hear how quiet mine actually is, and none have ever complained, not in over 30 years.

This is the same model as I have, and you can hear the wind noise more then you can the engine.

That is not how they sound off the factory, that is a choice made by the owners to purposefully make them louder.

Myself, I actually detest loud bikes. People are often nervous when I move to a new neighborhood, because they see my bike and think "Oh God, biker!". Then they hear how quiet mine actually is, and none have ever complained, not in over 30 years.

This is the same model as I have, and you can hear the wind noise more then you can the engine.

So every Harley I have ever seen has had their exhaust tuned? That is not a Harley it's an actual motorcycle. All Harleys are made to be loud on purpose whereas bikes like that are not because it is made by Honda.

DC bias shows through, muzzy lovers in the White House. I hope every biker shows up and crams up their roads in a show of solidarity.

bikers generally tend to have problems withing their own groups,not all of them by far but many trouble makers.

muslims on the other hand have very few trouble makers.most people view muslims as people with bombs strapped to their chest,but in reality most of them are peacefull,and promote charity and peace.yes there are those that terrorize,but no different than christians that blow upabosrtion clinics,or athiests that that try to assault christians.

in the end you are hating on a group that has a fringe element,but supporting a group that consists heavily of a criminal element.most biker groups are sanctioned by or directly controlled by biker gangs,even peacefull biker groups are controlled by biker gangs in nearly every city,whether members realize it or not.though lets say bikers for jesus group may not be harmfull,they still haave to seek approval from the local biker gang,or else their property or their lives may be destroyed.most cities will avoid anything biker related simply for the fact any biker group either has to work with or be approved by a local bike gang,.

bikers generally tend to have problems withing their own groups,not all of them by far but many trouble makers.

muslims on the other hand have very few trouble makers.most people view muslims as people with bombs strapped to their chest,but in reality most of them are peacefull,and promote charity and peace.yes there are those that terrorize,but no different than christians that blow upabosrtion clinics,or athiests that that try to assault christians.

in the end you are hating on a group that has a fringe element,but supporting a group that consists heavily of a criminal element.most biker groups are sanctioned by or directly controlled by biker gangs,even peacefull biker groups are controlled by biker gangs in nearly every city,whether members realize it or not.though lets say bikers for jesus group may not be harmfull,they still haave to seek approval from the local biker gang,or else their property or their lives may be destroyed.most cities will avoid anything biker related simply for the fact any biker group either has to work with or be approved by a local bike gang,.

Talking out your ass is easy just spout any inane nonsense that comes to the top of your head that sounds plausible in your biased world view.

There is a reason they call those troublemakers the "One Percenters".

OMG%201percent.jpg

So it is actually the exact opposite of what you are trying to say. You have been watching far to many bad 1960's B-movies with outlaw biker gangs taking over towns and raping all the women.

And sorry, "most people view muslims as people with bombs strapped to their chest"? WTF do you come up with something like that? Sorry, but to be honest I was mostly embarrassed when I heard one group shouting that out were the Democrats in New York when they tried to build a mosque near the WTC site.

Sorry, I have no idea where you are getting these ideas, but they are so far from the truth it is not even funny.

DC bias shows through, muzzy lovers in the White House. I hope every biker shows up and crams up their roads in a show of solidarity.

The fact that you began your premise by using a pejorative word towards Muslims as "muzzies" let's me know not to take your whining seriously.

There is a reason they call those troublemakers the "One Percenters".

OMG%201percent.jpg

So it is actually the exact opposite of what you are trying to say. You have been watching far to many bad 1960's B-movies with outlaw biker gangs taking over towns and raping all the women.

And sorry, "most people view muslims as people with bombs strapped to their chest"? WTF do you come up with something like that? Sorry, but to be honest I was mostly embarrassed when I heard one group shouting that out were the Democrats in New York when they tried to build a mosque near the WTC site.

Sorry, I have no idea where you are getting these ideas, but they are so far from the truth it is not even funny.

i haave actually seen quite a few biker gangs all over this country,in texas the banditos sanction every single biker group whther involved in crime or not,only way to excape them is to not be in any biker group,in california it was the valgos and the hells angels,the same applied there,if you wanted to start a group,they had to sanction it,or they faced reprocussion.

i never said these biker gangs go around like some 60's movie,but they do exist in almost every populated region of the country,and tend to assert authority over any organized group of bikers.so lets say bikers for jesus forms in california,they have to seek permission and sanction from the hells angels,even though they in no way do anything illegal,they still get threatened for non compliance,and still have to hold loose affiliations.

Crickey - 2 million motorcycles? People are rough enough. DC is small and cramped as it is. I can't imagine how it would be to have 2million motorcyclists all over for any reason.

And noise pollution? Unbelievable.

Talking out your ass is easy just spout any inane nonsense that comes to the top of your head that sounds plausible in your biased world view.

When you refer Muslims as "muzzys" it's hard to take you seriously. Maybe if you had a legitimate gripe towards Muslims my opinion towards you in this thread would be different. He is right. Majority of the Muslims in the United States are peaceful and although some have political issues towards our country, they are no different than you and I.

When you refer Muslims as "muzzys" it's hard to take you seriously. Maybe if you had a legitimate gripe towards Muslims my opinion towards you in this thread would be different. .

That post sounds like a demand that more respect be shown to Muslims than are shown to the Conservatives on this forum, whom many liberals call Cons, Right Wing Nut Jobs, WingNuts, etc.

I'm sure that's not what you meant is it?

When you refer Muslims as "muzzys" it's hard to take you seriously.

I agree, it's supposed to be 'muzzies'. What's wrong with some people?

That post sounds like a demand that more respect be shown to Muslims than are shown to the Conservatives on this forum, whom many liberals call Cons, Right Wing Nut Jobs, WingNuts, etc.

I'm sure that's not what you meant is it?

I'm merely saying starting a thread with a pejorative remark towards Muslims takes away the sincerity of the actual complaint. I believe we ought to show respect to the Muslims who like everyone else wants peace and justice for those who have been wronged.

I'm merely saying starting a thread with a pejorative remark towards Muslims takes away the sincerity of the actual complaint. I believe we ought to show respect to the Muslims who like everyone else wants peace and justice for those who have been wronged.

The wronged would be the Muslims who attacked the United States? Or the Americans?

Back
Top Bottom