• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biker incident in NYC last week..

Illegal, dangerous, and surely setting a stage for possible violence. Imagine if an average citizen makes a panic move and takes out one of these a-holes.....

I don't think we need to imagine anysuch scenerio now. Being that seems to be what has happened here

The vast majority of motorcycles in that video are not street legal. All the four-wheelers are not for sure.

Besides the couple cops who have been arrested, every individual taken into custody has had multiple felony charges on their record for drug distribution and firearms possession.

Juanita, sorry to hear you guys don't ride anymore. You guys sound like the type that are responsible and give us all a good image to people who don't understand the love of riding.

Those were the best days of my life--lots of travel and adventure.. I don't know about being responsible all of the time. :lamo...but I had a ton of fun.. I rode out of Chicago land and my Harley was well known as the "Blue Lady" from Detroit to Memphis... Great memories for sure...

Not sure if they have mentioned that in this case but this group and several other groups like it make a habit of doing just this.

As far as the rider slowing down but not stopping, he was slowing way down on a road that I assume was a 55 mph speed limit. Additionally he was looking back while surrounded by all his buddies who were all around the SUV. I can easily see how that could cause some panic with someone not familiar with these type of bike riders. At some point there was a gap but the rider kept slowing down until they were going very slow and the they hit.

OK wouldn't you have slowed down at that point and let the bikers get well ahead of you? I am having a really hard time comprehending this..

Look....this is the kind of ignorant crap some "riders" do.

Illegal, dangerous, and surely setting a stage for possible violence. Imagine if an average citizen makes a panic move and takes out one of these a-holes.....

The vast majority of motorcycles in that video are not street legal. All the four-wheelers are not for sure.

There's no defending what those riders are doing. They may be talented at stunting, but where they are doing it and how they are doing it is purely ignorant and
disgustingly dangerous for many people beyond just the riders.

These guys surround your car and start beating the windows with helmets trying to get to you, sure, you'll have reason to fear for your life and possibly legal justification for
driving off regardless of who you run over to get away.

I get that.

I support that.

:eek: That "is" stupid and very dangerous and certainly not for city streets "or" highways...

OK wouldn't you have slowed down at that point and let the bikers get well ahead of you? I am having a really hard time comprehending this..

if a group of people are trying to force you of the road, you know none of them, they are not associated with any official organization that has such authority, and there is little means to protect yourself once stopped, are you actually going to stop?

:eek: That "is" stupid and very dangerous and certainly not for city streets "or" highways...

Yes, they will force cars off the highway, block all traffic, then perform stunts as they make random people wait.

This time reality set in and their homie got to eat asphalt

Thank you...This video really puts things into perspective..I watched the beginning several times and it does look like the SUV driver was set up...

wait, yesterday you were stating you were wellversed with the video and alluding to me being ignorant for pointing out 1) the suv driver did nothing wrong and 2) that he had a reasonable fear for his safety

wait, yesterday you were stating you were wellversed with the video and alluding to me being ignorant for pointing out 1) the suv driver did nothing wrong and 2) that he had a reasonable fear for his safety

Either the video that they showed on TV is a different video or it was edited a lot.... This video was much, much longer and more comprehensive and I was able to expand it to fill my screen so I actually had a good closeup of what was happening in real time... I can see now that the driver really didn't have much time to slow down, but still feel that he could have hit his brakes at the very least.. It did happen very quickly and he did panic...

Back
Top Bottom