• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biker incident in NYC last week..

They must have been mostly rice burners then or two separate groups....but the driver never slowed down until he bumped the bike--he never put any space between himself and the bikers--I've never seen that before, most people have better sense..

the guy cut in front of him and break checked him. What exactly do you expect him to do? Most of these people don't even has licenses or registered vehicles, and they surely don't have the right to stop traffic on the whim, and physically attack people they can't intimidate into facilitating that fantasy.

Sorry, you riding a motorcycle doesn't grant you rights and authority over others. And if you operate under such a misconception, you will be going to your Halloween parties disguised as a speed bump

I also watched the video also and have given my opinion on this incident in another thread. This group and the event they were headed to are well known for stopping traffic on the interstates and highways in order to put an a stunt show for videos. Go to you Google and you will see plenty of them. My opinion is this is exactly what they were attempting to do hear. The guy brake checking the SUV is the tactic they usually use. Its doubtful the SUV driver knew about these stunt shows and was not aware of why they were stopping him in the middle of the road. When he bumped into the stopped bike and the cyclist and friends got off their bikes and started beating on the truck the guy felt threatened and broke dodge. I do not blame him one bit and would have done the exact same thing. When the bikers continued to not only follow him, but also tried stopping him again they were asking for trouble. At that point I would have started taking out more bikes until they stopped pursuit. A motorcycle is no match for a 4000+lbs suv. When they came upon the traffic stop I would have turned around and headed back the other direction until the police were in view.

I have not heard anything about stunt riding.. Has that been in the media? The biker in front of the SUV slowed down but he did not stop.... Why didn't the SUV driver slow down when he first spotted them? It's always best to leave 3-4 car lengths between a vehicle and a group of bikers...

I have not heard anything about stunt riding.. Has that been in the media? The biker in front of the SUV slowed down but he did not stop.... Why didn't the SUV driver slow down when he first spotted them?

because after immediately cutting infront the the SUV driver he break checked him

It's always best to leave 3-4 car lengths between a vehicle and a group of bikers...

Well, given the amount of space and time between the moment the bike cuts him off, then break checks him, really didn't leave that as a possibility

the guy cut in front of him and break checked him. What exactly do you expect him to do? Most of these people don't even has licenses or registered vehicles, and they surely don't have the right to stop traffic on the whim, and physically attack people they can't intimidate into facilitating that fantasy.

Sorry, you riding a motorcycle doesn't grant you rights and authority over others. And if you operate under such a misconception, you will be going to your Halloween parties disguised as a speed bump

1%ers don't do that ****... But I still fault the driver for not slowing down when he saw the bikes coming, especially when they went around him..that was pure stupidity...

I just rechecked the video and the guy leaves him 5 feet of space and about 2 seconds before break checking him. How is he suppose to manuvere in such a small time window, especially with such a limited space?

1%ers don't do that ****...

these weren't one percenters. These are new york gang banger types. Most have records for various weapons charges and drug distribution

But I still fault the driver for not slowing down when he saw the bikes coming, especially when they went around him..that was pure stupidity...

from the point where the guy cuts off the SUV, to where he brake checks him, is about 2 seconds. Again, what exactly do you expect him to do? Your bike doesn't grant you the right to do whatever you like

because after immediately cutting infront the the SUV driver he break checked him

Well, given the amount of space and time between the moment the bike cuts him off, then break checks him, really didn't leave that as a possibility

No, way before that. There was already a bunch of bikes that had passed and were in front of the SUV at the time it bumped the bike...

I just rechecked the video and the guy leaves him 5 feet of space and about 2 seconds before break checking him. How is he suppose to manuvere in such a small time window, especially with such a limited space?

Before that--way before that....

these weren't one percenters. These are new york gang banger types. Most have records for various weapons charges and drug distribution

from the point where the guy cuts off the SUV, to where he brake checks him, is about 2 seconds. Again, what exactly do you expect him to do? Your bike doesn't grant you the right to do whatever you like

My God, of course they weren't 1%ers......but I'm talking about before that slow bike got in front of the SUV....why didn't he slow down way before that point--when he first spotted them, when they started to pass him...

No one has posted anything about the motorcycle incident in NYC last week.. The video has been shown on TV dozens of times.. I expect two different perceptions, one from bikers and a different one from non bikers..
What is your perception of this event?

My perception is that anyone who decides to ride up and down highways on a motorcycle who doesn't accept the fact that he is putting himself at risk of someday being smashed by a car or truck is out of touch with reality.

They must have been mostly rice burners then or two separate groups....but the driver never slowed down until he bumped the bike--he never put any space between himself and the bikers--I've never seen that before, most people have better sense..

What kind of asshat passes you and then slows way down? If I'm not going fast enough for you, please feel free to pass me. But why would you bother passing me and then slowing way down. If you want to drive slower than I'm driving stay behind me.

I have not heard anything about stunt riding.. Has that been in the media? The biker in front of the SUV slowed down but he did not stop.... Why didn't the SUV driver slow down when he first spotted them? It's always best to leave 3-4 car lengths between a vehicle and a group of bikers...

Which is why when you pass a vehicle you don't pull back into their lane before you've even completed the pass. You pass the vehicle and then pull back into the lane once you have put some between you. It is best to leave 3-4 car lengths (or more) between vehicles - why didn't the motorcycle do it?

My perception is that anyone who decides to ride up and down highways on a motorcycle who doesn't accept the fact that he is putting himself at risk of someday being smashed by a car or truck is out of touch with reality.

Oh, it's always at the back of your mind, but the freedom and the wind in your face makes it all worthwhile..:peace. Some of us actually survive. :). Those days are behind me now, along with everything else that my husband and I did.. I sold our boat a month or so ago and that was tough as well....

My God, of course they weren't 1%ers......but I'm talking about before that slow bike got in front of the SUV....why didn't he slow down way before that point

why would he? Are you saying he didn't grant them special treatment so they had a right to force him from the road?

when he first spotted them, when they started to pass him...

what exactly is your argument and does it have any relation to reality?

why would he? Are you saying he didn't grant them special treatment so they had a right to force him from the road?

what exactly is your argument and does it have any relation to reality?

No, of course not... There is more than one video...first, there is the SUV, then here comes the bikes, passing him...why didn't he slow down at that point? Then, most of them had passed him and were in front of him, but he never slowed down...this is what I don't understand... I think it is very relevant...

No, of course not... There is more than one video...first, there is the SUV, then here comes the bikes, passing him...why didn't he slow down at that point?

Again, why would he need to slow down?

Then, most of them had passed him and were in front of him, but he never slowed down...this is what I don't understand... I think it is very relevant...

I'm not sure how it would be relevant. Can you explain?

Again, why would he need to slow down?

I'm not sure how it would be relevant. Can you explain?

Ok--say an 18 wheeler passed you and got in front of you, wouldn't you automatically take your foot off the gas to make sure he had enough room to do that and then let him get a few car lengths ahead before you resumed your highway speed? Or would you maintain your high rate of speed and just hope that you didn't hit him? I always blink my lights to let them know it's OK to pull in front, but not many people do that anymore and so they just pull in front these days..

Ok--say an 18 wheeler passed you and got in front of you, wouldn't you automatically take your foot off the gas to make sure he had enough room to do that and then let him get a few car lengths ahead before you resumed your highway speed?

They were all traveling at relatively the same speed. This is why your complaint is so bizarre.

Or would you maintain your high rate of speed and just hope that you didn't hit him?

He hit him because the biker hit his breaks, not because he was going excessively fast in comparison to the surrounding traffic

They were all traveling at relatively the same speed. This is why your complaint is so bizarre.

He hit him because the biker hit his breaks, not because he was going excessively fast in comparison to the surrounding traffic

OK, I give up..I guess I would make a lousy lawyer as I just can't seem to get my point across.. Theoretically, what you say is true, but in reality things are not always as they appear to be....G'nite.....

Not sure if they have mentioned that in this case but this group and several other groups like it make a habit of doing just this.

As far as the rider slowing down but not stopping, he was slowing way down on a road that I assume was a 55 mph speed limit. Additionally he was looking back while surrounded by all his buddies who were all around the SUV. I can easily see how that could cause some panic with someone not familiar with these type of bike riders. At some point there was a gap but the rider kept slowing down until they were going very slow and the they hit.

Oh, it's always at the back of your mind, but the freedom and the wind in your face makes it all worthwhile..:peace. Some of us actually survive. :). Those days are behind me now, along with everything else that my husband and I did.. I sold our boat a month or so ago and that was tough as well....

Juanita, sorry to hear you guys don't ride anymore. You guys sound like the type that are responsible and give us all a good image to people who don't understand the love of riding.

Not sure if they have mentioned that in this case but this group and several other groups like it make a habit of doing just this.

As far as the rider slowing down but not stopping, he was slowing way down on a road that I assume was a 55 mph speed limit. Additionally he was looking back while surrounded by all his buddies who were all around the SUV. I can easily see how that could cause some panic with someone not familiar with these type of bike riders. At some point there was a gap but the rider kept slowing down until they were going very slow and the they hit.

right? My first thought would be that I was getting set-up for a car jacking.

Look....this is the kind of ignorant crap some "riders" do.

Illegal, dangerous, and surely setting a stage for possible violence. Imagine if an average citizen makes a panic move and takes out one of these a-holes.....

The vast majority of motorcycles in that video are not street legal. All the four-wheelers are not for sure.

There's no defending what those riders are doing. They may be talented at stunting, but where they are doing it and how they are doing it is purely ignorant and
disgustingly dangerous for many people beyond just the riders.

These guys surround your car and start beating the windows with helmets trying to get to you, sure, you'll have reason to fear for your life and possibly legal justification for
driving off regardless of who you run over to get away.

I get that.

I support that.

Back
Top Bottom